Why don't you have a fish tank PC with based mineral oil immersion cooling?

Why don't you have a fish tank PC with based mineral oil immersion cooling?

Other urls found in this thread:

engineeringtoolbox.com/specific-heat-fluids-d_151.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

なぜあなたはそれをしなければならないのですか、自分で決めなければならないものです

I already give 2 cars oil changes, I don't want to change my PC's oil.

Wow! You're suddenly so much more funny, interesting, and unique now that you said something in Japanese! I want to be you now!

Because it is mentally retarded and I'm not mentally retarded

どうして?
どうして来なかったの?
ここにあなたがいればいいのに

shit's more expensive than a closed loop and becomes an insulator

Hook it up to a pump that circulates the oil through a cooler.

it then becomes a custom loop with inferior coolant

wew

Oil actually has a higher heat capacity than water, but what would you know about that?

Q=CpmΔt

but what would you know about that?

>Oil actually has a higher heat capacity than water

engineeringtoolbox.com/specific-heat-fluids-d_151.html

Oil, mineral 1.67
Water, fresh 4.19

>oil has higher heat capacity
yea that is a bad thing, it isn't thermally conductive as water, either. Therefore it transfers heat worse and it'll get your overall system hotter

ideally you keep your water below 100 fucking C so it doesn't boil you stupid fuckass, but you wouldn't know that, would you? Thus never running into pressure issues like you do with oil, ALWAYS, and not needing big ass pumps to transfer that thick viscosity shit

On an unrelated note, wouldn't using coolant in the closed loop make it better than using water?

Water's still better

using 50% antifreeze and 50% water works for submerging as long as you can keep it zero particle and non conductive (good luck). a lot better than mineral oil.. thermal wise
pretty sure coolant just has higher boiling point vs water (in cars) that's the main benefit if it does overheat then it'll survive longer. However water & coolant won't survive during actual overheating. water also freezes of course.

when I submerged a computer in pure water it lasted about a month but it's too difficult to keep copper from getting a stolen electron

Uhhhh, no. You put additives in water loops to prevent corrosion, microbial growth, and if you aren't a "look how mature I am" poser, aesthetics. It actually (marginally) diminishes cooling effects

You retarded? Any trace of water will ionise and start metal corrosion at electrodes, your board would be dead within minutes, it it would boot at all

I just said that, please make sure you're running your brain before you run your mouth.

boards die from a short circuit somewhere due to ions in the water. Pure water, as I said, lasted a month.

Look who started taking high school chemistry!

>tfw this is highschool level chemistry
>tfw I don't remember shit from what I studied in highschool
>tfw will die in a life or death situation in case I had to use that knowledge to save myself

Fuck my life

>tfw I didn't do chemistry in high school

For the same reason I haven't soldered all the connections.

Not him. There's an additive made by redline products called water wetter that improves the heat conduction of water. Don't know what it would do with the voltages on the componants though. might start to lift plating etc and create a metal oxide bath. Would like to see but not on my machine.

it's very cool, but... the parts used in it will never be able to be reused again. the pc parts will get full of miner oil, which is very greasy, and i would not want to clean it up.

It's actually pretty feasible if you cool the oil with a giant ass radiator and make sure all the metal types are exactly the same