youtu.be/J6oFAwno8hc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_rising_terminal
quora.com/What-is-it-like-to-be-an-analog-circuit-design-engineer
quora.com/How-do-I-become-a-brilliant-analog-design-engineer
youtube.com/watch?v=IpdJEo9r-HQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-8fr_otW0q4
youtube.com/watch?v=mR_wJkxKSXU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

acceptable content, annoying voice. I'll sometimes watch if it looks like an interesting topic

I love how stupidly excited he gets over random shit.

I wish he was more competent in electronics though.

helped me get through electronics 1.

he looks like a mid age cuck

He has some good videos, but far too much excitement over opening old broken crap that he gets in the mail every week.

He's like a shitty version of bigclive

>Linus in 10-15 years

As if. Linus only cares about numbers and how much money he makes with the least effort. He knows jackshit about electronics.

I think Bob's his uncle, perhaps a bit howya doin. Channel's looking shmick, videos are in like Flynn most of the time.

i found him through the solar roadways BS, and he makes acceptable videos. stayed for the australian phrases

"dry as a dingos donger"

He's more competent than the average joe and most of us, I say he's pretty cool to watch. I just never really seen him do anything like Rossman does.

he sounds more like a sheep shagger

>I just never really seen him do anything like Rossman does.

>Dave
>real EE

>Louis
>just a tech

whats your point user? he may be a real engineer but i still never seen any videos of him doing any actual work other than talk about what is in his hands. those videos may exist but i didn't see them.

also rossman probably does more work with much less equipment.

>"work"
He's just resoldering shitty macbooks

youtube.com/watch?v=7uogKucrPks

You talk as if you could diagnose and fix the same problems he does and even if you can, It is still work and he does it well, so well in fact that he makes a living plus has employees, in the middle of fucking Manhattan. where the cost of living/housing/renting a space is probably second only to the bay area.

That's nice I'll have to go deeper into his channel.

This isn't a thing where I am saying one is better than the other, don't get triggered user. Think of it this way Rossman shows you the skills to get shit done, EEVblog expands your horizon of shit that can be done. Kinda like reading to learn a skill or reading to expand yourself.

Autism proof

youtube.com/watch?v=x_JFwNFPqlM

Rossman is a one note song. He's entertaining only because he shits on apple. Repair videos get really old after you've seen how to solder on a new chip. I dont need a dozen videos on the topic.
EE dude has unusual stuff he takes apart that I don't get to see anywhere else. His channel is more entertaining because of it.
You seem more infatuated with jewboy and how he makes his money more than anything else.

>That's nice I'll have to go deeper into his channel.

Look for his repair videos and instrument breakdowns.

He hates Batteroo.

he's entertaining to watch but is overly excitable

he's cool I guess but he defended clock boy when his schtick is to sniff out bullshit.

whiny cunt
he expects everything to be top tier excellent and gets upset over random stupid shit and non-issues

>he expects everything to be top tier excellent
Everything should be top tier excellent for the price they ask for electronics these days.

>Rossman is a one note song. He's entertaining only because he shits on apple. Repair videos get really old after you've seen how to solder on a new chip. I dont need a dozen videos on the topic.
>EE dude has unusual stuff he takes apart that I don't get to see anywhere else.

It's not all about you user, Rossman doesn't just shit on apple, he shits on whoever happens to be pulling shitty tricks in order to sell products/views what have you.

>You seem more infatuated with jewboy and how he makes his money more than anything else.

What an insufferable autistic flyover cunt you are. Shitting on actual real success of someone who is in a volatile line of business depending on the public for money, passing over his knowledge through training and videos which he does not monetize, and he is doing this in one of the most expensive cities to live in the entire world, and you say he is just a tech. I can't do the shit he does, not even half of it, if you can more power to you, and if you don't like him more power to you, I think he's pretty entertaining to watch more than the EEVblog.

>I love how stupidly excited he gets over random shit.

I think it's just for comedic value sometimes

He has all sorts of different content if you really follow his stuff

for example
youtube.com/watch?v=iwRhvhKJlzs

What does Rossmann do besides insult apple?

>these days
you make it sound like it was different one time

it wasn't, shit was more expensive and sometimes better quality

Rossman is an EE's bitch

He's kinda annoying. Some of his videos look interesting, so it's a shame he's such a faggot.

>He's more competent than the average joe and most of us

That's an understatement. Dave is an actual electronics engineer who can design circuit boards etc

Louis is someone who learned how to solder and download illegal schematics. He admits he knows nothing about being an engineer.

Dave's not a repair tech like Louis because that's a monkey job. Dave is an engineer.

Looks exactly like the Australian from the moot niggerwalk.

You ever dealt with engineers? I have to wonder if Dave could actually repair the circuit boards he designed himself were one of them to fail.

His videos are all two hours too long, he uses the same annoying catch-phrases over and over again, content nowadays is just tear-downs and mailbag. I used to watch him pretty regularly but now honestly don't give a shit about his videos.

The funniest thing on his channel is how little he knows about modern PCs

youtu.be/J6oFAwno8hc

I like him

not a fan of his batterizer cash out recently but it is what it is

mane you just don't get it

why should he? it isn't relevant unless you are a gaymer

knowledgeable guy.

>I have to wonder if Dave could actually repair the circuit boards he designed himself were one of them to fail.

retard detected

>Dave is an engineer
a piss poor one

I've been watching his videos for years now, mostly for entertainment
his design videos are piss poor, his circuit designs are mediocre at best
complete lack of understanding of control systems theory and other fundamental knowledge that one needs in order to design a good analog circuit

his knowledge is fairly broad, but very shallow

>in order to design a good analog circuit

More art than science.

I see you never dealt with engineers.

his voice makes me wanna punch his teeth out, his explanation for his annoying voice was: "every australian talk like this"

d
dude cmon, I like rossman but all he does is following schematics and replace components, nothing else, there's nothing special about what rossman does.

>every australian talk like this

But that's true though.

with that rising high pitch like he's about to meet my sides in orbit? nope.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_rising_terminal

kys

his microcurrent layout isn't really a big deal but he is known for his CAD development/software skills

he worked at altium, the company that produces the most advanced PCB layout software on the planet

also when he was a kid he created a cad program

why don't you watch the videos were he repairs shit, fucko

I can't stand bigclives voice for some reason

eevlog and mikeselectricstuff don't bother me at all though

ok fuckheads whats the youtube electronic channel power ranking?

1. Rinoa Super-Genius
9001. everything else

Analoge design is very much an art form compared to digital design.

You want to reply to my post instead of posting a reddit tier reaction image?

designing and laying out circuits are different things
he knows his layout stuff, he doesn't know the design stuff

Altium is far from being the most advanced PCB layout software on the planet.

if you want a circuit to behave a certain way, you have to make it behave that way
things don't happen by chance

the fact that well designed circuits usually also look nice is not because of the author's artistic side

You can't blame him for that, that's what gets him views. That's, sadly, what people want to see.

I like him, watched a lot of his vids over a period of time, he seems very knowledgeable, but unfortunately a lot of it is over my head. More of his newer videos are including his kid and wife, which I could do without.

quora.com/What-is-it-like-to-be-an-analog-circuit-design-engineer

quora.com/How-do-I-become-a-brilliant-analog-design-engineer

Quite a few analog guys describing it as an art

Jim Williams wrote a book called "The Art and Science of Analog Circuit Design".

Underrated post

Rossman is a dum dum who failed at school and eventually learned how to solder and read schematics. He said it himself multiple times.

Dave is an actual EE. Watch him disassemble any unusual piece of electronics and see how he figures how entire circuit was designed on the spot or see him talking about circuit design. Not a god by any means sure but he's pretty good and you gotta give him that. If you want something easy to take in but still really interesting: youtube.com/watch?v=IpdJEo9r-HQ
If you want to see him do a more complex circuit with RF design: youtube.com/watch?v=-8fr_otW0q4

And even then he's a burnout that dropped out of his career to make youtube videos.

>Altium is far from being the most advanced PCB layout software on the planet.
What is then?

Better than being a cucked wageslave making money for (((them))).

But he makes YouTube videos for Google and his website uses Google Ads

You wouldn't have an easily consumable EE knowledge if not for people like him (be it Dave or Louis); unless you'd go into Academia or some other place to learn.
A will to educate others is not something to look down at.

I don't even know who that is.

It's just bantz, dave.

Dave is actually one of the secret final bosses of the Internet.

I met him at the jaycar factory clearance auction and he is a genuinely legit smart guy. Just dont trigger his bullshit detector. (I am the same)

Here is my favourite eevblog video just for Sup Forums - A tour of the old channel 9 analogue TV transmitter facility in Sydney. I would of watched the cricket as a child in the 80's from that very hardware :)

youtube.com/watch?v=mR_wJkxKSXU

And we're in like Flynn.

Bumps thread like Errol Flynn

This thread is a Bobby Dazzler

I would argue in a meritocracy it would be a tie between Terry A Davis and Dave from eev blog for the lead sticky of Sup Forums

They both produce really decent streams weekly. Whether its cianiggers in the kernel or bad-ass RF front ends and FPGAS driving nixie tubes these guys are more relevant than Stallman. I honestly dont care if libreboot is not technically GNU anymore. FFS the code still exists.

Tldr; Dave should be the sticky

it's degenerate

Superintendant Chalmers sees Principal Skinner's kitchen on fire]
Superintendant Chalmers: Good Lord, what is happening in there?
Principal Skinner: The Aurora Borealis?
Superintendant Chalmers: The Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your kitchen?
Principal Skinner: Yes.
Superintendant Chalmers: May I see it?
Principal Skinner: No.

TYT shill.

From looking at the picture he's an excitable box reader, how right am I?

/Thread

I remember a jackass calling her an idiot for shorting a lead acid battery while not realizing the point of him shorting it in the first place

What a bobby dazzler!