the bible says so

I like Python
I am a script kiddy :3

Fok yo bible

Sup Forums hates itself more than anything

I just hate space delimited language

I don't hate it, but syntactic whitespace is stupid

I only know the basics of Python, but that's my major gripe as well

Well, Python 2 aimed to be a simple, easy-to-understand language with some nice features like list comprehension.

People built tools like pip for dependency management, and it was awesome.

Then came Python 3, which suddenly made handling strings difficult, with UTF-8 strings etc. It also broke package management, because Python 2 code often times won't run in Python 3.

So I guess that's why it sucks.

to be honest and looking at your 666 quads, there really is no point on having snakes on this planet other than to install fear into people. Probably truly is an evil animal Satan put here to mess with us.

>it's based to enforce good code practices

I see you must enjoy Pajeets C code

Ha!

Sup Forums doesn't hate python

The problem is not really python. It's great for introducing newbies or kids to programming and for quick and dirty system apps. The problem are the people who learn it and never advance from it, they get stuck in that comfort zone trying to apply to tasks it was never made for.

it is not
code is shorter and more readable when you get used to it

It's the pinnacle of mediocre language design and implementation.
sounds like you would know, satanic quads

nice bait

20% of Sup Forums are weaboo femboys
20% of Sup Forums are mactoddlers
20% of Sup Forums are pure idiots
rest of Sup Forums likes python

>not listing the gaymers

hmmm

Include them into pure idiots.

because it's inferior to JavaScript.

>It's the pinnacle of mediocre language design and implementation.

this and then they compact more shitty syntax with new releases into the grammars to keep up with better designed languages.

>caring what Sup Forums thinks

also I use python to automate my homework for college / generate textbooks from shitty online ebook sites (fuck you mcgraw / learnsmart)

python is to programming languages as nosql is to databases. it trims a lot of fat, but in many cases the fat solved an actual problem, and so the ad-hoc "pythonic" solution is an unplanned mess

it's excellent for prototyping and by extension research. but if you try to write a serious system you will be tortured by the GIL, the "type system," and ten thousand calls through the C API

>tfw I am apparently 80% of Sup Forums

Never had an opinion on it until I started using/seeing Python heavy software or programs. That shit can be a fucking mess especially on the user's end.

Too easy to learn, so can't be used for dick-measuring-contest. Haskell is better for that.

The only people who hate Python are the people who went through CS courses learning *unnecessarily difficult* languages from the 1970s. They believe their way is the only way to become a True Programmerâ„¢

They hate change, basically. They're technical conservatives - and modern, easily readable languages really steams their beans.

Because Sup Forums is a bunch of cunts that haven't figured out the magic that is PyQt5.

Is Sup Forums just filled with dogmatic autistics then?

pretty much, yeah

yes, and it's also what this guy said A lot of the tech world, especially Sup Forums, is filled with people whose lives ARE tech. They don't have much else to be proud of, so they use their tech skills as a dick measuring contest.

Yes, this board needs to be nuked badly.

666 isn't static dumbass, it's just some ancient person catholics hated, like Obama.

>Javascript
Found the bait

There is a lot of FUD about Python, mostly about it being slow and unsafe, both of which may apply to big projects but not smaller ones which is where Python shines because development is super fast and it's very easy to learn. Mind you, it being easy to learn is already reason enough for some people to hate it because how dare that person that just started programming a year ago build a program in a week when it takes me a month in C++!

Meme scripting language that is slower than frozen shit and isn't actually any faster to develop in except perhaps if you need certain libraries.

Also: this

>because how dare that person that just started programming a year ago build a program in a week when it takes me a month in C++!
I don't hate C++ but jezus that language is a fucking mess. It's not even the pointers that give me a headache, it's the messy way how OOP is shoved into the C syntax and how it's just shit on top of shit on top of shit. No wonder languages like C# and D were made.

>smaller ones which is where Python shines

Yup Python is so good for short stuff. It can even be good for larger projects if you're an OOP master.
It's also *great* if you want to do something like write an API wrapper for e.g. Sup Forums, reddit, youtube, twitter, whatever.

tl;dr
Write less code, write extremely readable code, and get it done quickly.

becuz jizz is poor and dont have 10k computer so use c becuz dey need speed n sheeeit

No, it isn't. People tend to interpret the meaning code based on indentation anyway, using whitespace instead of traditional block delimiters helps prevent things like:

if(foo())
bar();
goto hell;

Python seems slow to start-up even for small programs, though the same is true of Java

>Python seems slow to start-up even for small programs
It is.
That's just another demonstration that CPython devs can't into interpreters.

Python is a language for high graded dudes like scientists and mathematicians.

Sup Forums is full of fat belly dudes who live with their parents and that are to lazy or/and poor to study. Python remembers them they are underdogs with pity life. :(

I like how it produces less boiler plate garbage codes. But it's horribly slow, compared to C++

In real world, all the end user cares about is efficiency, That's why no big projects like games, kernels, drivers are written in python.

Poor python will forever be confined within the restriction of small scripts, server side scripts, shitty widgets and small GUI apps. Meanwhile C/C++ will continue to dominate the market.

That being said, if I were to pick python or C# or Java I'd pick python any day. I'd code in C++ instead of those POS **va or C-**arp

I beg to differ