Tell me why the fuck I shouldnt buy this then make retards pay me a shit ton per 2GB of ram to host their shitty...

Tell me why the fuck I shouldnt buy this then make retards pay me a shit ton per 2GB of ram to host their shitty minecraft servers.

More work than you're willing to put in
Also captcha relevant

>32 gigs of ram

enjoy getting keked with too much ram

all anybody really needs is about 2

The only hard part would be finding people to buy and Im part of a big community where I hold a high position and know 4 or 5 that would definitely buy if I charged 20 dollars for 5 gigs thats an extra 100 dollars a month and since most minecraft fucks now want to do those mod packs that basically auto install for you I don't see the work involved?

I'd sell to multiple people

because 2950s are old shitboxes

I hope you don't actually think that will sell for less than $300

Good luck running this kind of business from your shitty 1 meg comcast internet

maybe because theres only two bids and the auction doesn't end till the 16th

I'm not thinking that's the price I'm just saying theoretically if I had access to this market I could do this right? I'm not looking for huge communities I'm interested in small communities of friends who would like to host on a server that's more personal and not a big company.

What they don't tell you:
Commercial grade servers are fucking NOISY.

As in "I live next to an airport" loud.

>all anybody really needs is about 2
is it 2007?

Your power bill

>he needs 2GB RAM

It is a piece of trash. Literally. It will host minecraft servers though. If you don't mind the noise and the cost of Currency/kW-h, should be fine. It will teach you a lot about hosting. You should be paying < $50 for this. Don't get a DRAX card if it doesn't come with one, and remember to update all the firmware before you use it.

Set up reliable monitoring and billing tools. It is a lot of work to maintain a system without some sort of monitoring and updating.

A minecraft server will lag balls with 2GB of ram, especially with mods

I don't think you guys understand I'm trying to be a host to stuff like minecraft servers with maybe 10 players I'm just looking to make 20 or 30 dollars month I just found a Dell poweredge 1950 with 32 gigs and two 2.33ghz quad cores for 50 dollars would that be worth it? I've never wanted to look like a retard on Sup Forums but I have never looked into server tech but when I saw this something just made me want it.

youll pay about that much per month to power the thing assuming it is under a load the entire time.

To be fair, most small-community Minecraft servers are only going to see use for a couple hours a day.

I hosted 4 person Minecraft server on a quad at 2.2ghz and it sucked. It lagged like crazy, and costed like $30 a month in electricity.

I advise my clients 5gb/thread or 10gb a core. 2gb won't cut it, even for memecraft.

You're joking, right?

It's a 2950. I can't give those fuckers away, and just threw out about 20 of them.

>I advise my clients 5gb/thread or 10gb a core. 2gb won't cut it, even for memecraft.
Its sad that my SQL alwayson cluster uses less

>touchwizz

What could go wrong ?

> live in small country with dumb ppl
> set up program that scrapes all real estates sites
> scrape all the data i can get, price, location, size.
> wait 5 years and just keep it running
> analyse the data and become a real estate millionaire

in 5 years from now i could see which neighbourhoods houses sell fast in, what the avg price/sqm is, where the price is rising and a lot more. am i missing something here or is it a good idea

oops meant be thread, i might be 2 high atm to not see whats wrong with this but it seems like a good idea right

Because you cant run more than one instance of a minectaft server on that

>2007
You mean 2004.