I know this is a /spg/ question but

I know this is a /spg/ question but
Is it posible to flash a custom rom via adb on a phone with a locked bootloader?

Other urls found in this thread:

droidviews.com/how-to-unlock-bootloader-on-sony-xperia-m4-aqua/
freeandroidroot.com/how-to-unlock-bootloader-in-sony-xperia-m4-aqua/
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2347793
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No.

Will it brick my phone, what's the worst case scenario?

Nothing will happen, the bootloader is locked

It won't work. That's what a locked bootlader means, you can't overwrite the phone's operating system.

If you're asking this you probably aren't ready to be flashing custom ROMSs

I used to flash roms weekly on my old galaxy ace and my xperia zr, but this is my first encounter with a locked bootloader.

Firgit to mention the phone in question, a xperia m4 aqua. Probably the shittiest phone i ever owned

Buy a mi 4c for similar price. Better specs, more roms and easily unlockable bootloader.

It's a much better phone, but sadly i'm stuck with this pos until 2018 because of a stupid carrier plan, and hence the reason why i'm trying to flash a custom rom

If you were willing to dismantle your phone could you flash the new OS via jtag connector or something similar? Not OP just curious

droidviews.com/how-to-unlock-bootloader-on-sony-xperia-m4-aqua/

Yes, maybe even with UART

I know how to unlock tge bootloader on a sony device when it's possible, but in my service menu it says this

I think you can install a custom rom via Flashfire if dm verity is disabled.

try this one
freeandroidroot.com/how-to-unlock-bootloader-in-sony-xperia-m4-aqua/

So basically, if i root my m4(it's hard, but possible) i should be able to flash a rom with this app

>I know this is a /spg/ question
>still does the thread

Just kys

I posted this question in /spg/ and /sqt/, but didn't get any answers you mongoloid

Will try it out, thanks friend

can anyone help me? i need a tutorial to root my phone:

my phone it's the SAMSUNG-SGH-I537
Android Version 5.0.1

Try this
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2347793

I think this metod doesn't work anymore for the 5.0.1 versions, i think they patch that "glitch"

You're doing it all wrong, op. Just root and xposed. Fuck flashing roms.

No. It simply won't work. As others have said, a locked SBL (Secondary Boot Loader) means you can't install a custom OS or kernel. You need to find a way to unlock the SBL or get a new phone that supports that.

>you can't overwrite the phone's operating system
You can, but the images you flash need to be signed, aka the stock ROM.

You could, but the device still wouldn't boot. So that would be pointless unless you also flashed a compatible and unlocked/unlockable SBL to accommodate the unsigned OS.

t. XDA Pajeet

>xda pajeet
You guys saved my ass so many times

Try to downgrade to a older firmware and then try to root it
Yeah, come to think of it this might be the best solution, but how do i instal xposed without a unlocked bootloader?

>Try to downgrade to a older firmware and then try to root it
shit, i never thought about that... thanks

ENG-----------
No

ITA-----------
No

ESP-----------
No

RU-----------
нeт

JEW-----------
לא

THAI-----------
ไม่

JP-----------
いいえ

I used flashfire to install xposed on a locked bootloader before, but backup your shit first