ITT: Little things in Windows that trigger you

ITT: Little things in Windows that trigger you

Can't install gentoo

It's not OS X

Snipping tool tries to save every screenshot as capture.png. There is no option to add incrementing numbers or a timestamp to the filename automatically.

this

Since when?

If you are scroting your whole screen, try Windows + print screen key
autosaves with incrementing number in your Pictures library

>can't read/write any other partition than fat/ntfs
>no proper package manager and software repo
>shit customizability
>ads and spyware by default
>system gets slow and fragmented over time
0/10

thumbs.db
Though I already found out how to deactivate it.

~$document.docx

i almost ever want to cap my whole screen. but thanks for your unsolicited attempt at help.

In that case just get a real capture app like shareX or something instead of getting triggered.

Tired of seeing normies that let things trigger them on my board.

i love you jordan

download folder taking forever to open by default because it's set as a media folder

jordan please be more careful buddy

Not being able to change the color of the Luna theme in Windows XP.

incorrect dos version

reboot for updates

fucking metro. windows 10 isn't much better.

blue shit on my pink windows

no ls command

+1

Bad font rendering.
Can't have labeless unstacked icons on the task bar unless it's vertical.
Can't have a tray on all screens.
Cant have different task bar positions on different screens.
Windows thinks it is allowed to turn my computer off.

svchost.exe

anyone experiencing this new bug where you click an open explorer window in the taskbar and instead of focusing it instantly minimizes so you have to click it twice, happens in win 7 and win 10, never used to happen

>can't search libraries
>no animated gifs in default image viewer on vista and beyond
>can't comment files easily, no consistency between what can and can't be commented
These things bother me everyday.

>no animated gifs in default image viewer on vista and beyond
Windows 10 image viewer displays gifs

Yes but then you're running windows 10. You see the problem?

The ls command works in powershell

As opposed to?
Vista and below have no support.
7 has a range of multi monitor issues, driver issues (particularly bad since there are no default drivers for even basic stuff like wifi) and is somewhat bloated
8 was great except for metro, which is super annoying

>taskbar appears over fullscreen programs when you click on another monitor
>searching from Windows menu is utterly broken and will show you what you're looking for before replacing the results with unrelated shit
>no option lockscreen that you have to click away before logging in.
>Windows fucks with your audio output even if you're not using any "effects" on it. It's not ALSA or whatever it's called in loonix which just werks

10 is far more bloated than 7. And full of home-phoning telemetry.

I've no trouble with my monitors on 7.

Win10 has stupid bloatware like cortana etc.
Win7 is a pain to set up drivers with and has dated UI which is not customisable.
Since I started using xfce de I find it hard to use other UIs desu. I'm still a gnu/linux noob though but I'm learning slowly.

No drivers

Also going back to a single workspace after using Linux is hard

The only multi-monitor issue I've been experiencing with Windows 7 is that the taskbar doesn't show up and cannot be displayed on the secondary monitor which can be edited and has a much better functionality in Windows 10, but I hate Windows 10 with a passion, I've tried it and even still try the preview versions with the hopes that I'll begin to like it, but I don't.

I have always suspected sharex of being botnet.
No thanks

>what is dir

W10 has multiple workspaces. It's very useful. I prefer GNOME's because they are vertical rather than Windows' horizontal workspaces.

>no OSX sandbox

that it doesn't have that cute apple

Wait is that why it scans the folder and takes for fucking ever?

That's literally a feature since W7

I installed Windows 10 the other day to see if it had any performance increases compared to Ubuntu.
>find Windows key I scraped off a laptop
>home edition
>disgusted, but continue because I don't like pirating if I can avoid it
>install goes without hitch
>time to look through settings and system to debloat and make mine
>can't change active hours so it doesn't restart by itself
>literally reinstalled CandyCrush and Minecraft Windows 10 Edition 3 times by itself
>took around an hour to update itself, which it started automatically
On the plus side, it found my graphics card drivers by itself
>I prefer linux, but I'll keep playing around with this shit

+1 for last bit, was getting scared we lost one of us

>30 second video ad before games that used to be free

>>can't read/write any other partition than fat/ntfs
>implying this actually matters

oh fuck that download folder wait time

the amazing inconsistency of its ui

100% agree, especially svchost.exe

When you're on top of the food chain, you don't adapt to lesser things.
Even though some are better, they are looking at the market share side and I think it's gonna change somewhat soon since they already made it possible to run terminal after swapping out DOS to powershell and then added terminal support.

The year of Linux comes in the fact that Microsoft will adopt in the end when they realize that the top spot in the food chain have so much to pick from.
Too bad that version of Linux won't be as open and botnet-free as the real deal.

t.windows user that only tried Linux when RedHat was released almost 20 years ago.

have you never used Windows XP?

what is the point

OP a nut.
if you knew DOS then windows 95 was your best friend also it runs on >3GB.
but yes it was buggy pile of poo and as soon as it was gone nobody gave a shit.

>i'm this dumb.

get out.
>Pic related.

It just saves every capture you take to their server, that's not a botnet, it's the status quo

>Launch and installer
>Windows Defender takes fucking minutes to display its confirmation prompt

>Windows 10
>Almost no visual customization
>Duplicate metro-style and classic style configuration panel for almost everything, most with options exclusive to one or another
>When the app cache breaks, you're fucked unless you learn to clear it using fucking PowerShell
>Everything is an app now, even some messages and prompts and apps, and won't show if your app cache is broken
>Updates are forced on users unless they have Pro and know how to use policies.

And this is the only version currently on the market.

This is literally hell.

every time i try to open word or excel, it takes literally 20 minutes then once it finally opens the window is not active so i click on it and it immediately says (Not Responding)

wtf. bill gates jr fix your shit
win7 here. more like lose7.

what the fuck

win7 works fine with transferring the taskbar between monitors

Does this still exist? I haven't seen it in years.

Should look into getting greenshot for taking snippets

i already switched to linux and use spectacle. stop offering suggestions

>Everything is an app now
Is this your first computer jamal?
Did you know that in PC you can actually install programs?!
Yes! Amazing, rigth?!
now google a fucking good browser and download it, soon you will learn how to pirate and shieeet.

Man, that picture.
>a black terminal is like the computer is saying 'FUCK YOU' and growling at me
>I'm deathly afraid of computers
>anyting I dont currently understand, really
>the world is scary :(((

Not transferring it, having it on both simultaneously. That was introduced in 8. I believe the clock on each came in 10.
Also 8 brought in monitor dependant cleartype: Microsoft's shitty work around for their bad font rendering.This allowed you to have both a landscape and portrait monitor without the text being blurred in the wrong direction.
Also the split screen window management stuff really helped for multi monitor and higher resolution displays, and that has improved each time.

K.

There is a fundamental difference between an app and a regular application on Windows. Apps rely on a very complex system of metadata and cache that has to be structured just right or everything breaks. But please keep talking down to me without knowing what you're talking about broseph.

The point is going way over your head autismo. Even if you know what you're doing in Linux, having to do a lot of your routine usage through a terminal is a major set back compared to Windows.

Windows rot
cluttered Start Menu program shortcuts
having to mess with system files manually to actually get a custom skin

Poorfags, all of you. OS X does not and has never had any of those issues. Literally no excuse for using a Windows machine as your daily machine. Either use Linux and be poor but smart, or get a fucking job and buy a 2010-2012 era Mac.

but both of those implications are completely false.
You neither have to do much of anything from the terminal if you use a DE, and if you *do* despite that, it isnt a setback of any sort, it makes plenty of things easier.

There's no point in using apps, ever.

For fuck's sake, user, APPS ARE INGRAINED IN WINDOWS 10. SOME OF ITS CONFIRMATION PROMPTS AND ERROR MESSAGES ARE APPS. I SAID THAT IN MY INITIAL POST SO FUCK YOU FOR MAKING ME REPEAT MYSELF

Thats wrong. You have no idea what you're talking about.

That's just UI style. Apps don't even launch if you have UAC disabled, for example, yet all of that works.

Who pissed in your cheerios?

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. Check out pic related

Mac is just not applicable. Can't play video games, can't use programs I need for work. Literally useless.

Use Greenshot for screencaps, much better for accuracy and timestamped.

ls & cat...
PS C:\> ls

Directory: C:\

Mode LastWriteTime Length Name
---- ------------- ------ ----
d----- 1/7/2017 10:35 PM Hyper-V
d----- 7/16/2016 4:47 AM PerfLogs
d-r--- 1/7/2017 2:22 PM Program Files
d-r--- 1/4/2017 1:08 AM Program Files (x86)
d-r--- 1/9/2017 6:51 PM Users
d----- 1/3/2017 1:48 PM Windows
-a---- 1/9/2017 11:50 PM 271 ReadMe.txt

PS C:\> cat .\ReadMe.txt
Microsoft (R) File Checksum Integrity Verifier V2.05 README file
================================================================

1.What is File Checksum Integrity Verifier (FCIV)?
2.Features.
3.Syntax.
4.Database storage format.
5.Verification.
6.History.

I think you're a fucking idiot. You probably think your mommy is really gone when you cover your eyes.

no u

why did you make all this effort for your post? it's laughable

>using windows defender EVER

Every now and then the mouse cursor will just stop responding for a few seconds while the system spazzes out. Happened on every Windows machine I've ever used since the 90s, not sure wtf its doing (flushing page file?) - never see that on any other OSes.

(Windows 7) Numerous irritating bugs and features in Windows Explorer that you encounter daily.

Separate drivers for each USB port for the same device.

whats wrong with it?

It hides itself

no middle-click pasting

i dual boot arch and win10

as time passes, it takes more and more time to start.
What is even worse, you get past the login screen, and you get the desktop screen.... only you can't use it until a shitload uncalled user applications have loaded.

>try to open a few programs on boot up
>fucking freezes for a few minutes

wew, time to get rid of it and just hotlink a normal folder in its place

>Windows 10
EVERYTHING

>Windows 7
Over 9000 updates and 9000 hours of time to do clean install. Fuck slipstream, I want it done the hard way.

>Windows 8
Complete and utter garbage but now seems plausible after 10 turned out to be a shit fest.

>Windows Vista
Perfection, under appreciated. Retired before it could shine

>Windows XP
The King of all OS

>Windows 2000
Best OS ever made

>Windows 98/95/3.11
Nostalgia

>WindowsME
We don't talk about it.

>Buying 5-7 year old hardware just for the software

Buy a video game console and save your money. Boot into a VM when you need Windows. Don't put yourself through the stress of being a full time Windows user.

>Dealing with shitty software so you can pop an autism boner when you look at your Speccy screen
The 2010-2012 era Macs are incredible deals and very upgradable and still very fast and usable. Or you can save $125 and deal with a Thinkbad and Winblows.

>set taskbar size to small
>part of windows orb sticks out

Greenshot

I actually like this