/fag/ - Friendly Apple General

Welcome to /fag/ - friendly apple general. Please post all your apple related questions and shitposts in this thread instead of making 5 different threads every time you want to talk about macs. We are not taking suggestions for a new name. We are, however, taking suggestions for useful hackintosh links and a better OP format.

Hello how do I use iTunes?

Let's be honest here
OSX is the only OS that has no practical value whatsoever. If it stopped existing all of a sudden one day, no one would care.

>Windows
Professional content creators use windows
Office tasks and desktops are on windows
Gamers use windows
A few Servers run on windows

>Linux
IT, sysadmins use Linux
Supercomputers, embedded chip and Android runs on Linux
Linux and FreeBSD has top quality emulation technology
Majority of Servers run on Linux

>Mac OSX
Tech illiterate hipsters that need a shiny facebook machine need OSX
Unironically faggots use OSX even Apple CEO is a faggot and steve jobs was a smelly hipster who thought taking shower is not necessary (Not kidding)

>hurr durr I'm not poor
Buying organic water to prove otherwise is not only dumb but also laughable

Find me ONE reason that validates OSX's existence
PROTIP: You can't

I use a 2011 FagBook Pro. OS X is just BSD with a custom DE.

Daily reminder that all Mac users should disable SIP and enable root for full system control. To do this, boot to recovery or install media, launch the terminal, and run "csrutil disable" on your main drive. To check that it's disabled, boot into the installed OS, launch the terminal, and enter "csrutil status". It should say disabled like in my screenshot. Congrats, you can install stuff from outside of the crAppStore. To enable root (after turning off SIP), you enter "dsenableroot -u " to enable root on whatever account. You can also drop the "-u" to enable logging in as root regardless of user.

You don't. Uninstall that horse shit.

Windows is constantly broken, spies on you, is totally closed source, and needs to fucking die. Debian based GNU/Linux distros and FreeBSD/Mac OS are the only operating systems worth a damn now.

Daily reminder than mac users should be rounded up and gassed.

/thread

>I want to kill people because of software they use

Sup Forums - Technology

>Find me ONE reason that validates OSX's existence

You can't make iOS apps without a Mac.

You can. It's called hackintoshing or using a VM.

You asked for something that validates macOS's existence, not physical Macs. You just proved my point.

I didn't ask for anything. I'm a different guy.

how can I put more music in my Iphone?

You're forced to use iTunes, which is why even Mac users hate iShit. Buy an Android.

Windows is pretty stable if you know what you are doing senpai

>tfw you would like a newer model but you need to burn love live CDs so you can listen to umi while you drive and don't want to use a dongle drive

why must apple force their dongle loving ways on us normal folk

>DONGLE DRIVE

How can I put the music in my Iphone?

stop being a fucking pleb and get a sansa clip

>iphone
Drag and drop your pirated music to itunes, choose what to sync and in what quality. It will be uploaded automagically.
>android
Drag and drop your pirated music to itunes, create a playlist, manually run some dodgy script that will re-encode whole playlist and copy files to separate folder. Then use syncthing (which is buggy piece of shit) to upload files to android, then wait for vlc to rescan your library.

But the most hilarious thing is android backups. There is literally no way to make a full backup of android without plugging it in and rebooting to recovery.

>android

drag to sd card
just werks

how do I connect my Iphone to internet?

stick it up your bum

It werks if your music library is smaller than your sd card. Otherwise you really need some kind of automation.

why is the 4s still the best designed out of the bunch?

>dude wires lmao it's fuckn 2017

you guys think its worth it to replace the headphone jack on my ipod video 5th gen again or should i just use my android phone to listen to music

1. OSX is pretty much BSD.

2. BSD > Linux >>> Windows

I rest my case.

Man, I wish you were trolling

You can literally take one of the cross platform engines and do this, if they support building iOS on Windows or Linux. And some do. The down side is engines are made for gayms, not apps, and will be less optimized for other tasks.

Building a hackintosh tonight, wish me luck assholes.

what's the difference between the 2015 and 2016 12'' macbooks? looking to get a refurbished one off apple.com for cheap
also, what's the difference between core M, m3, m5, and m7? I don't need a ton of storage space on the SSD, so processor is the only thing I'm bothering to look at

are macbook cd drives know to be durable?
only took a year of ripping cd's to finally fuck up the drive on my laptop