>tfw the case, CPU and ram won't arrive until next week

Amazon prime my ass

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/amazon.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>BUT MOM I WANT IT NOOOOOOOOOOW

Why did you buy such a low end psu?

Go get your free month of Amazon prime and fuck off

Because he's a dipshit and listens to Sup Forums instead of going his own research

From what I've read, 450w is more than enough for an i5 6500 and RX 480. I'm not planning on over clocking. Plus It's the only modular PSU in that price range so there's that

But I do have prime user. But for some reason, Amazon will not ship the rest of my parts until next week.

I do hope everything works out, but down the line it may get a bit flaky. Good luck with the build.

stallman.org/amazon.html

you got what you deserve

Cheers m8, I've got that 5 year warranty with it if anything does play up

r8 my 128gb build.

What the fuck are you going to do with 128gb? Compile my dick?

Is that all for gaymen

>450 watt psu
>RX 480
KEK

Am I missing something or?

the rx480 is a fucking power house just like any amd GPU and its best to have a good head room
source:i have an R9 390 with a 600W PSU

If they dont show up until next week you didnt order them from prime shippers.

Last time I ordered parts off amazon I got same day delivery and built my computer that night.

PSUs degrade about 5-10% per year. Enjoy having your fried parts.

That's clearly a 2TB SSD.

Efficiency and power degradation.

stop this meme already, you tried spewing this BS in the PSU thread earlier already.

Only the most retarded person would believe you, but you're basically shilling for PSU corporations FOR FREE. You're the definition of a consumer cuck

Oh shit never mind, I just saw the RAM is that much. Holy shit.

>source: the inside of my anus

>2011+6
>still using (((amazon)))

Best to have power for future use and not use it than have no room for anything else.

Also enjoy that no overclocking m8.

>((( )))
Back to Sup Forums you edgy manchild.

>falls for the 128gb RAM meme
>doesn't fall for the 6950X meme

>Efficiency
That's not how psu ratings work. A 450w 80 bronze unit does not give only 80% of 450w, it does the opposite. It uses an extra 20% to hit the 450w which means it's pulling ~550w from the wall at full load.

>be adult
>living alone
>self sufficient for years
>still feel exactly like this

I can't be the only one

You can run an over-volted R9 FuryX and a 6 core intel CPU at 4.4GHz and draw under 600w at full stress load.

Power draw is going DOWN, not up. Future parts will use LESS power, not more.

There is simply NO reason to go over 600w for a single GPU setup at this point, it's just wasted money.

Further, the majority of the time your computer is being used, you're web browsing, watching movies, or leaving it idle, at these load levels a 1000w+ PSU is going to have garbage efficiency and will draw MORE power at idle than if you had a 600w PSU.

Why would you subjugate yourself to 50w+ more power draw at idle because some day you MIGHT want another GPU, but most likely it will just sit and never be used anyway, and you paid money for a bigger PSU for no reason what-so ever AND you end up using more power in the long run because it has worse efficiency than a smaller PSU would.

tldr, get a 600w PSU.

i5 6500 and rx 480 will not draw more than 350 stop talking shit

power draw shoots up rapidly if you OC. worth having a hefty amount of overhead if it's something you intend to do.

but otherwise you are correct.

yea have fun with random shut downs while playing or even worse getting your system fried

As stated earlier, I don't intend on overclocking

Only if you're shooting for retarded levels of OCing,

The 6 core CPU I have is 140wTDP, overclocked from 3.3Ghz to 4.4GHz makes it draw at most ~220w.

Even over-volted the R9-FuryX struggles to bring power draw over 550w.

Then you really are a dumbass. By overclocking you go the next cpu/gpu tier up FOR FREE.

top kek

because those products are shipped by third parts sellers, not directly from Amazon

>AMD

PSUs degrade 30% every year you dumb fuck

>650€ for SSD only
tfw being poor

yeah, most pro gamers replace PSUs every other year.

If you have prime you were given specific guaranteed delivery dates during checkout.
You should have picked alternatives for the parts that were back ordered or non-prime if you were in such a hurry.

You're not getting the "next CPU tier up for free" if you're being cucked by intel to pay extra for an unlocked CPU in the first place you autistic sperg.

i'd rather pay for intel than for a new house when mine burns down

the psu is most efficient at 50% load

Everything was ordered directly from Amazon. It's just that delivery status of my CPU, RAM, case and my other SSD have been pushed to next week even though stock is available. It's not a big issue, I was just looking forward to building it today

yeah but that doesn't mean you want your peak load level to only be 50% of your PSU load.

Ideally you want your average gaming load to be ~50% of your PSUs load.

My average gaming load is ~280-320w, my peak power draw is ~500w.

So should I get a 1000w PSU, or a 650w PSU?

What the fuck are you even talking about

if that's true you can get the shipping costs refunded, or if you didn't pay for shipping you can usually get $10-20 credit with amazon.

If they fuck up on free 2 day shipping they ALWAYS give me free shit, or they extend my prime membership by a month for free.

I'll see what I can get from customer service chat later on cheers

It's your moral duty to bitch and whine

650 is more than enough. Anything higher is a meme, especially for single GPU use

Wait how? I got free 1 day shipping on a wifi card and they sent it to me after 3 days and also left it sopping wet outside when it was raining. The rain didnt go through the plastic wrap but they couldn't have known that.

Yes, that happened when I ordered the parts for my PC.I chose free shipping and they upgraded it to next day shipping and divided the order so items were shipped as available.

You're right. You could probably compile user's dick with 2gb.

>tfw 500w

no need to go more than that

you're not the only one my niggar, I track my orders like an edgelord tracks his out-of-the-league crush on facebook.

This. I didn't even realise Sup Forums could meme PSUs so hard until I read this thread

oh boy do I have a thread for you.

Kek this is gold

already lost at 6000w

It's more about the quality of the PSU than the wattage.

The grey label CX450M are pretty well regarded looking around online. Also comes with 5 year warranty so that'll keep it going

this. the amperage on the 12V rail is the most important thing of a psu.

If PSU degrade, how come my shitty chinese PSU is still alive after 6 years?

>muh anecdotal evidence
>this is the current state of Sup Forums
where do these fucking retards even come from

this. I got two free months yesterday cause they double fucked my order..

Thanks for using my pepe :D

>EVO
damn poorfags

>B150
>aftermarket cooler

Why? You can't overclock your locked down CPU. Waste of money, could've used it toward a better PSU. Also >mortar. fucking Sup Forums tier

All that gear high quality gear
>850 EVO

Why? Also why did you bought a PSU that's at least twice as powerful as you actually need.

>not waiting for ryzen

>waiting for a meme processor that will never come out in time
>when it does it offers 2500K performance

>stock Intel cooler
>hideous fan header cables
>disgusting blue sticker

No thanks. The PSU is also a non issue.

Also say whatever you want about the mortar mobo, it looks sexy af and doesn't resort to edgy gamer Ferrari red colours.

>waiting for memezen

>offers single thread 2500k performance
>with more cores and threads
>for a low price

What PSUs are even good

Seasonic?
Antec? but only everything higher than earthwatts?
Corsair?
Maybe coolermaster?

>2016+1
>not wanting a nuclear powered power supply

Git gud

Grey label CX is quality.

>radeon

Alternatives?

Maybe he wants a quieter, cooler and better looking alternative than the stock cooler? You don't HAVE to oc to get better performance from an aftermarket cooler come on user

/thread
>212 evo
better off sticking with the stock cooler, will barely get any decent overclock off this.
>buys the rx line thinking he's getting a good gpu
idiot, it's a rebrand of a rebrand off another rebrand, can't even handle dx12 at 1080p.
>le ssd
have fun with your wasted pci e slot, ssd speeds capped at 500mb, and bottlenecked by usb/ethernet and just about any other method of transfering data.
>msi motherboard
>ever
i shiggydiggydooo they fail constantly.

>buying a new cpu when a refresh is just about to happen
>buying ddr 4 when ddr3 is less expensive and faster
i bet the cpu you bought is also fucking worthless and overpriced to top it all off.

You complain about the aftermarket cooler but not the case fan which isn't worth it at all if you don't get a super cheap case.

>5 minute boot time peasant

>build computer for school
>1 month after build completion and machine running like a dream, either the PSU or motherboard shits the bed
>too lazy to disassemble the machine between class and school, just do school work on older laptop until I test the PSU

Really annoying desu senpaitachi

>he turns his pc off
what a worthless faggot.

>He doesn't use Aliexpress

Class and work**

>tfw this is why I'll never use SuperBiiz again
It took them almost a month after I got my case when I made my build, whereas Newegg got their stuff in literally a few days after. This was during a Black Friday sale.

scratch that, reverse it - It took SuperBiiz a month longer to get my case to me because hurr durr muh black fridei boogyman

>out-of-the-league
don't say that

are you jealous that he's leagues ahead of you?

When Amazon guarantees a 2-day delivery there is a reason to complain, you blithering retard.

>thinking the 480 pulls anywhere near what a 390 does

commit sudoku friendo

Check your millennial entitlement. You should be thanking Amazon for existing in the first place.

>paying for guaranteed 2 day shipping
>not getting what was guaranteed
>still paying for it

I've worked enough customer service to know generations other than millennials will complain when they don't get what they've paid for. Boomers are the worst.

Boomers are the worst anyway though.

>Amazon listing items in stock and shipped in 2 days and not following through is fine because I'm an old cantankerous cunt

not even an argument