Speccy thread

Speccy thread.

Old desktop.

Crappy laptop.

Dell optiplex, my AGP card should be here today.

CPU is 4.6
GPU is 2.1/11k

That RAM latency tho. You are probably better off dropping some mhz..

>inb4 housefire

Finally swapped out my old board and garbage processor for a set that a kind user sold me about a month ago. Went from "sucks at 480p youtube" to gaymen tier. Feels good man.

are these parts too cold?

1k build, including monitor, mouse, keyboard, and a headset. and a mouse pad...
Everything 1080 60fps at the moment.

forgot image

>3gb 1060
>5 storage devices including 3 SSDs
and you still couldnt buy a better fucking GPU

Op here,I almost regret buying the 1060 3gb but when I first built my pc it was a budget build of around $600 with a H100m-A mb, a i5-6400 and a single stick of ram. Then i started to upgrade and here we are.

here we go again

congratulations you played yourself

See
Also only 2 ssds the 3tb is a wd my book external not a ssd.

r8

there you go

same gpu. are you happy with it?

how did I do Sup Forums my first rig

would upgrading to similar ``tier'' hardware of the latest generation be a noticeable upgrade?

I'm sad

4gb GT 740?

Sure, still does everything it needs to.

No
Kaby Lake is lake 5% faster on the same clock speed

>>>/designated/shittingstreet/

I'll have you know I always poop in toilets except extreme circumstances, and rarely piss outside of toilets as well.

I don't understand

ofcourse you don't, raj

>being this jelly

yeah, we don't have designated shitting streets here, but we have toilets.

>when the OS says windows 10

Win8 is not pajeet tier though

My work gave me an MSI laptop, so far it's doing everything i want it to do

it is

:( no ssd?

nope. but i am fine without it.... right guys?

Maybe.......

SSD is the best upgrade I ever did.

i """"""""upgrade""""""""" every 6months fags need not apply

muh gaming rig

Buggy ass shit showing only showing 4GB of VRAM

muh superpowered mobile shitposting machine

u just jelly of my diagonally mounted CPU.

being diagonal it can send things faster cuz it doenst have to go at right angles.

meh

Nice drives, why are some of them so hot?

All those usb drives are running on 3xStarTech USB 3.0 Card Adapter w/ 4 Dedicated 5Gbps Channels.
why?. Drives were cheaper than internal drives :^)

because of load, and shitty ventilation because they are external drives

why didnt you just shuck them and ditch the shitty housings

i did for some of them, but there are no free Sata ports. also i have 3 year warranty so im waiting until that runs out before i remove housing

>tfw fell for the housefire meme

Did the BIOS update and thermal pads actually fix the VRAM cooling issue?

Not entirely sure. I only recently got my 1070 and noticed that it wasn't from the batch after November 1st when EVGA started to ship out cards with the two installed. From what I've read, the fixes did drop the temperatures of the VRAM quite a bit. I'm not really too worried though. I requested the pads so if something does happen before they arrive, I'll just swap my 390 back in for the time being. The core itself does run pretty cool though. Hovers around 50°C under load.

forgot to delete the (optional) next to ,,Smart Card Reader"

You don't have it yet? Why post a spec sheet?

should i post a lshw output ?

I need a new GPU and more RAM
Sucks being broke
:/

>"upgraded" to a 2 year old cpu
>exact same performance as a 6700k

zen pls save us from intel.

also microcenter is fucking amazing but it's a damn shame i had to drive 4 hours to find one. i've never seen so much computer goodies in my life.

Its just a card for my TV for movies

>>FUCKING WINKEKS
My 670 gtx still kicks ass to this day maxing shit for 3 years now

Haven't bought anything except one of the SSD's, or maybe the 980Ti last christmas.

I've lost the drive, Sup Forums.

New PC I built a few weeks ago with a limited budget.

I should get more RAM by the end of the week.

>670
>Maxing anything, even when it came out
Maybe not even at that inbetween res.

what exactly are you storing and accessing so much?

It's easy to max everything when the only thing you have to max out is Tux Racer.

>Win XP

what the fuck? Is this some Sup Forums meme or hipster shit?

If you look at the rest, not to mention talk of an AGP card, yes, this is some NOSTALGIA hipster shit.

Rare pepes.

It's real, used for old school gaming, also dual booting xubuntu.

I built it myself.

>Pentium 4
>NOSTALGIA
MODS MODS MODS

>Z170
>6600 non-k
You built it badly, congratulations. Want a pat on the back ?

>doesn't want to overclock
>non-k is somehow bad

and there's literally nothing wrong with z170p
I can upgrade to kaby lake later down the line, so I don't see what your deal is

Look around, some time.
This place isn't exactly familiar with booting from floppies.

yeah you should have spent a bit more for a K cpu since you spent that much already.

you'll get one some day but you'll have to low ball sell that cpu or repurpose it like i did my non-K cpu.

you could have gone with an h170 -- there was literally no reason for not spending extra on that K, unless you already had that 6600 lying around.

Non-k isn't bad in and of itself, and neither is your motherboard.
What's bad is the combination of these two things together. You say you "don't want" to overclock, but that is literally what your chipset is designed for. Z170 is intended for unlocked and overclockable processors to be overclocked on, and you've chosen a processor that cannot be overclocked for this kind of board. It's a waste.
You either get an unlocked k model with a Z-series board, or a non-k with an H or B series chipset. Not non-k and Z-series, this is retarded.

You could have saved money on your motherboard and gotten the same features that you want elsewhere, and put more money in, oh I don't know, anything else. Your graphics card, storage, a real monitor, or what the fuck ever.

>home premium

wait since when are certain intel chipsets not allowing overclocking? is this some new fangled kikery???

i thought pretty much any decent aftermarket motherboard in the last 20 years would allow overclocking, that only the cpu's themselves would be multiplier locked.

this is bullshit.

This has been a thing since... I'm not sure when it started, but at the very least the Core 2 generation had OC and non-OC chipsets I'm pretty sure.
Previously, overclocking was just a feature of the chipset/motherboard, not inherent to the CPU as well, this was back when overclocking was based on FSB aka base clock rather than multipliers. Certain CPUs also had unlocked multipliers, though these were only "extreme" edition models. All CPUs could be overclocked though, even Xeon models.

Certain CPUs not being overclockable only started with Sandy Bride.

I actually hit my budget.

The price of this PC didn't include the SSD, keyboard, mouse, monitor, so.

Well that'll be my problem then.

I was out of money.
Well, to be more precise: I had enough for the CPU but not for a good cooler.
Hilarious, I know.

Not like I'm having problems with performance and I am planning to eventually switch to a kaby lake CPU.

It's funny you mention it because this motherboard was probably one of the cheapest ones I could get that was a non-shit one.

also
>a real monitor
haha pleb

fuck you

i can understand a board made for a big company like dell/hp etc not being overclockable because that's how it's always been, but to go on newegg and buy a cutting edge chipset for a cutting edge unlocked cpu and not be able to overclock it is down right wrong. why even have a h170 when the z170 exists?

>I actually hit my budget.

the K version is only 20 dollars more, budget be damned for 20 bucks.

>Upgrade
>to Kaby Lake

>buying a 2560x1080 poorfag-tier ultrawide
>calling anyone else a pleb

Go big or go home, faggot. 34" and 38" are the only size ultrawides are worth it in.

>why even have a h170 when the z170 exists?
Because non-overclockable CPUs exist and these non-overclockable chipsets exist to match them.

you also need a cooler.
>oh but coolers are only 30$ or whatever
well it was my first build ever
it was painful, I'm scarred for life

yeah
who'd think that a newer generation of cpus will perform better than the old one
if you'd pull your head out of your ass for once you'd maybe notice that
>but it's not a very big difference
well I'll just buy the most high-end i7 kaby lake that comes out and be set for next 2 gens then

>34" and 38"
>anything
>ever

I agree on the res tho
should've went with 1440p UW
oh well
it's still great for what I need so I don't care too much

>38" 2560x1080

Holy fucking puke, those pixels must be HUGE!

>my Q6600 turned 10 years old yesterday
jesus fuck, where has the time gone