/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of fucking March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
LG to release G6 one month before the Samsung Galaxy S8
gsmarena.com/lg_to_launch_g6_one_month_ahead_of_samsung_galaxy_s8-news-22655.php

LG unveils 5.7" QHD+ display with 18:9 ratio, likely to debut on G6
gsmarena.com/lg_g6_display_revealed_57_qhd_with_189_ratio-news-22658.php

Asus Zenfone 3 Max ZC553KL preview
gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_3_max_zc553kl-review-1548.php

[Deal Alert]Moto z play unlocked price reduction to 399.99
motorola.com/us/products/moto-z-play

[Deal Alert] Get a new Moto Z Play for just $399.99 ($50 off), or save an additional $60 for one in mint condition
amazon.com/Moto-Play-Black-32GB-Warranty/dp/B01LW9P0H4

[Deal Alert] Huawei Honor 6X Dual Camera Unlocked Smartphone - $249.99
amazon.com/Honor-6X-Unlocked-Smartphone-Gray/dp/B01MRZFBBH/

old

Other urls found in this thread:

phonearena.com/news/LG-G6-will-have-a-unique-screen-Whats-different-and-how-will-it-affect-you_id89824
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-zuk-z2-4gb-64gb
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-pro-high-edition
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi5-32gb
silent-circle.myshopify.com/products/blackphone2
phonearena.com/news/Bootloop-issues-reported-by-many-Nexus-6P-users_id89396
phonearena.com/news/Is-Android-7.0-causing-the-Nexus-6P-to-abruptly-shut-off-even-with-battery-life-remaining_id89255
willmyphonework.net/
techdue.com/xiaomi-mi6-specifications-leaked-curved-screen-version-also-works/
forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/how-to/guide-redmi-note-3-special-edition-kate-t3523371
forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/development/rom-minz1s-lineageos-rom-t3528736
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ryanmkelly.me.min&hl=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

From last thread

Have any of you been following upcoming phone rumors?

I have an upgrade in March, looking to trade in my s7 edge.. Saw the s8 leak and looks like shit. Was wondering if any of you knew of a good rectangular shaped phone coming out. Im not really a fan of the curvy samsungs anymore

Doesnt have to be 100% rectangle, just not as curvy and round as a galaxy

sometimes memes are great

Opinions on Samsung J7?

Goddammit, did not notice new thread.

I'm not smartphone savvy. All my shit was gotten free from someone else when they upgraded. I need a phone now with service for a delivery job. I need to be able to use GPS and make calls/text first and foremost, and for personal use I want to be able to browse the web without the browser being shitty and play music without the player being garbage (MP3s). I need a larger screen. Price limit is $300 (not counting tax). I live in the US (TN). Needs to be Android. I was thinking about getting the Huawei Mate 2, the Galaxy J7, or the Moto G Plus, 4th gen. Please advise.

Is it safe buying chinkphones from aliexpress? Feedbacks include refurbished phones being sold as new (1 star feedbacks for RN3P 2gb in Eternal and HK Goldway shops). Is it better buying from banggood instead although it is more expensive by $10 - $20?

J7 2016 is alright but it lacks lots of sensors.

So now that the dust has settled /hpg/ can agree that Pixel is the current king of smartphones right?

I ask again:

I will have to flash and unlock unofficially a rn3p later today, is the following step-by-step guide I've saved still correct ? I hope the formatting doesn't fuck up, and sorry, but can't search right now, expecting guests any moment now.

unlocking bl:
- download global stable firmware (the one you can fastboot) & download mi flash tool & adb files & unlocked emmc_appsboot.mbn
- extract global stable firmware into folder - copy emmc_appsboot.mbn into miui-firmware/images/ (it will replace the old one)
- now boot phone into edl mode (just vol down and power then plug USB cable in - led will blink red constantly if your in edl)
- open mi flash, point it to the miui-firmware - click flash (everything will be erased, even internal storage, so backup stuff to sdcard/PC)
- after its done press and hold vol & power down while booting for 15 seconds to reboot back into fastboot
- open adb folder, should have fastboot shit aswell, open CMD in folder as admin
- fastboot oem unlock-go
- wait for device to unlock (device will reboot and show a mi logo with a progress bar)
- once progress bar goes away, your unlocked.
- press vol down & power for 15s to reboot to fastboot again
- flash twrp
- vol up and power to boot to twrp
- flash cm13-firmware.zip
- flash cm13-date.zip & pico-open-gapps.zip
- reboot and done.

there are bazillion copy-paste threads from pajeets with external links, which I don't trust. Someone done this recently, please point to a tested way. thx

A friend owns one and that shit has insane battery life. It's probably worth it just for that alone.

LG G6
phonearena.com/news/LG-G6-will-have-a-unique-screen-Whats-different-and-how-will-it-affect-you_id89824

Sounds about right but why not do it the official way?

the official way is basically xiaomi squeezing as much data from you as they possibly can (one last time).
oh and it barely ever works fully

>which I don't trust
but yet you trust someone on here to guide you
either suck it up and trust a pajeet who clearly knows much more than your dumbass does, or just return the phone and get a moto

A few weeks ago I had an iPhone 6s, Lumia 950XL, and Nexus 5X.

I have sold all of them to buy the Google Pixel.

Its absolutely the best decision I've made for a phone.

sup Sup Forumsents, gettin pretty tired of the non-support in USA Xiaomi memery with my Redmi Note 3 Pro. Think its finally time to get something with proper US support.

Is there anything as good as the RN3P with good USA support (taking into account cheap RNP3 price, etc)?

Main things I care about:
-SD card slot
-long battery life (or I guess quick charge, etc like the OnePlus 3T)
-fingerprint scanner (I love using it....but I guess its optional)
-Good processor

I'm with cricket wireless but gonna switch to T-Mobile soon

pls respond

Fastcardtech is a reliable and trustworthy shop. And has the cheapest Redmi Note 3 Pro.

ok

nothing will ever compare to the cheapness of the meme, and come with full us support
either pay an additional ~$150 (on top of what it cost you to get the meme) or deal with the meme

Hello I've never been here before but I need a nice cheap android phone and I've got no idea how to pick one

Budget's probably around £150, only really care about the camera being good and it running somewhat fast, but I don't care about it being the newest state of the art shit as long as it runs everything as expected

Any thoughts?

What phone in exchange for Z1 Compact?

Are you wanting to replace your Z1 Compact or are you asking what phone to trade to upgrade to a Z1 Compact?

LeEco Pro 3 or S3.

Replacement.

G4+ or Honor 6X. both on amazon.

What do you like about your phone so far and what is your budget for the upgrade? Probably would also be helpful knowing if you need any particular bands for support.

unlocked used galaxy s5 for $154
slightly scratched on the sides
is it a good deal?
(current phone nokia 500)

why do some games mute 'Smart audio book player' other not?
is it possible to un mute it ?

Moto Z line
Honor 8 (if you're ok with the interface)
Or a last year flagship 2bh

applied a long time ago, didn't get the second sms, and can't re-apply for permissions

somehow it's better to hear it from a fellow user ;-)

phone:
xiaomi redmi note 3 pro

Well, I like that Z1C operates quite clearly and avoids lagging. Unfortunately, the battery's dying on me. All I need is something as good if not a little better

The brand doesn't matter as long as it's functional and not Samsung.

Money - I'm from Poland, so the prices tend to be higher than in other countries. That said, no particular limit, but as a result, I need some options.

Don't listen to the Fastcardtech shill. they're selling refurbished phones as new. buy from shops with feedback >98% only. topone on ali are great.

>£700+
...uh, what's the queen of phones?

>£150
>good camera
No.

What's your budget?

Well not like an incredible camera obviously, just something with a decent camera, since that's pretty much the only thing I can think of that I'd care about

Try to haggle the price down a little (always worth trying) but I'd say it's a good price as long as everything works and the screen is scratchless

After using a Galaxy Note 3 since late 2013, I just decided to upgrade to a Nexus 6P last night. I hear a lot of good things about it, but considering how it's a year old phone already, I'm having second thoughts about the future. (I'm stuck with Google phones because I'm switching to Project Fi.)

Is there good reason to cancel my 6P in favor of a Pixel, or am I better off waiting for a 2nd gen? Do you think that the Pixel's guts and future Android updates will create more of a disparity between it and the 6P? I haven't shopped for one of these things in a few years so I'm not sure of the logic.

Pic not really related, just my Note 3 screen.

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-zuk-z2-4gb-64gb

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-pro-high-edition

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi5-32gb

Best you can get for that price.

Excellent, just the thread I needed!

It's time to replace my ancient Galaxy 3 and I'm not looking for anything fancy.

>tfw I still want to get a Blackphone 2, but since it's not one of the mainstream brands I never hear any commentary on it.
silent-circle.myshopify.com/products/blackphone2

around $400 usd at the most

Android usually doesn't let two apps play audio simultaneously (for example music will get paused if you open a youtube video). Try switching the game sounds off from the game's settings and it shouldn't mute the audio player

Oooo thank you

I guess I meant more value for your dollar really, compared to the redmi. I paid around 180 when I bought it last year

Moto Z play, Xperia X or Axon 7

The OP3T is great value for your money, but what is your actual budget?

Why not a Oneplus 3T?

Google has such a bad history when making hardware, I'd rather go chink.
phonearena.com/news/Bootloop-issues-reported-by-many-Nexus-6P-users_id89396
phonearena.com/news/Is-Android-7.0-causing-the-Nexus-6P-to-abruptly-shut-off-even-with-battery-life-remaining_id89255

I never understood why people pay more for the privilege of beta testing Android.

New to giving a fuck about the smartphone game, I just got a Moto Z Play.

What are some basic Android ricing tips? Not simply for visuals, but things like the best browser app, music app, etc, to make shit faster and less battery intensive.

What's a good case? The only cases I seem to find with good reviews have very low reviews on them.

>researching to purchase a new phone
>oh, the OnePlus 3T looks perfect in every wa-
>no MicroSD

I mean is it really that detrimental to a phones design to fit a MicroSD slot in somewhere

Anyone know how to bypass FRP on android?

>Customer brings me device
>I haven't used it in forever and forgot all my login info
>DESU I think it's stolen, but that's not really my problem
>obscure device
>can't find compatitble ROM to flash
>ADB won't even recognize the device

Is there any way passed this stupid fucking protection or do I have to go full hackerman to get in?

~$400 usd at the high end of my budget. If I'm paying that tho, I'd expect a great deal of value from it, definitely should be a phone that would last and have great support for at least 2 years

Yeah then the Op3t is an easy choice, especially since community support is already so strong

but good luck finding one in stock lmao

actually yeah sd cards are pretty much cancer when it comes to android
slows down the system
creates a bunch of seemingly incoherent errors
made even worse by the fact people buy the cheapest chink cards

Thanks man didn't know about this one. Tmobile should have it too since its lg so this works out.

Whoa, thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out.

Is Huawei P9 Lite worth it?

Well at least I have closure on the matter. 3T it is.

No, it takes 4 hours to charge fully. get the Honor 6x instead.

has no sd card slot tho right?

Beautiful homescreen, user.

3T? Yeah no slot.
Don't know why you'd need it though with base 64gig offering. Even less so if you use google photos with the free unlimited upload.

Thanks! Wallpaper changes depending on whether or not I'm home (and connected to wifi). When I'm not home it's that wallpaper, when I am home, it's a lewd one. Can't post that though! Then a bunch of tweaks to access my other (less used) apps or change settings, and some automatic processes that shut down certain things when I absolutely don't need them (squeezing everything from that giant 4000mah battery lol), like no wifi when I'm going to work, turn it back on when I'm there, and so on.

is the iphone 4s the best phone?

no sorry
from the iphone side of things the SE is pretty great though

>the official way is...
what?

do you have any size preferences?

GS8 coming soon and the GS6 is still >300€, fucking hell. I even consider buying second hand, but no one seems unable to take care of their phone in my shit-eating country

It bends worse than that Iphone some time back and 3.5mm jack fucks up.

what are you asking

the galaxies tend to keep their value really well
but the s6 especially due to s7/note7 explosion scare
but anyways the s8 should bring down the value

why the official way is "more personal data'

because you have to use their methods (which require a mi account, enabling mi services, and downloading mi shit to your pc) and wait for their authority and majority of the time it doesn't even work

so why bother with the chink botnet at all

I guess there was a permission to unlock, but without getting any sms... keep that in mind :)

>Post a mini-review of your phone
okay.

I have the galaxy s7.

One time the GPS fucked up for about a day until I had time to look up how to fix it. Then I fixed it. No problems with that since.

It is a normie meme smartphone of 2016. It runs well, it does stuff a modern phone should do at the speed a modern phone should do stuff.

Some cool features of this phone: Gear VR if you are into that is directly compatibibibible with this phone. Fingerprint scanner. The camera is better than my last phone which was the LG G3. It came with a female usb to male micro usb adapter so you can connect two phones to each other so that you can take your contacts and stuff from your old phone and put on new phone.

This phone has good battery life. It lasts a long time. I have a power brick on my person most of the time so I don't really pay attention to how fast the battery drains. It charges from 0-100 in ~1hr10min.

While standard with smartphones, I am not used to the lock button and volume buttons being on the sides. The lg G3 had them both on the back. Which was far superior.

How is the Xiaomi Note 3 Pro better than Note 4?

Give it to me straight, Sup Forums. Just how bad is Touchwiz and will I want to kill myself if I get the S7?

Ask
More support and custom roms. snapdragon>mediakek.

>More support and custom roms. snapdragon>mediakek

That's it for $40 more expensive?

Anyone here using a OnePlus 3t on T-Mobile? I'm thinking about getting one but I've heard some people have problems with 4g/LTE connections. I don't wanna fucking get the phone and have worse connection than I do now.

You should wait for
anyway. RN4X soon.

fuck off Jamal, clearly you can't go HACKERMAN, he is white.

it should according to willmyphonework.net/

Spigen are top-tier cases

My phone arrived today and the fucking postman left it on my front door step in a full day of snowing. The box caved in from the wetness and the weight of the snow. The phone itself was ice cold.

Thanks for that website. I'm just asking cause apparently there was some problem where the phone would constantly switch between 4g and LTE or something. It was bad enough where they had to send out an update for phones on T-Mobile specifically. I just wanted to see if anyone has had that problem

Meant to respond to

This is wrong

I used to play rainymood on a downloaded media player and play a random rock music on the stock music player.

Is the LG G6 gonna be gud?

Need me a good 5 inch $200 phone. G4 play doesn't feel like a big enough upgrade even though I have loved my original Moto G. I don't feel like I can trust chink shit. What do?

How. Electronics are sent in stretch wrap or plastic bags (+ fragile warnings) to proof or at least limit the exposure to water or moisture. What shitty postal service do you use.

you already got chinked, might aswell go with it

It doesn't really matter if the phone was ice cold, but if your phone isn't really waterproof, and that snow actually did get through, the damage could be intense.

Is there anything like Greasemonkey in Firefox for Android?

>techdue.com/xiaomi-mi6-specifications-leaked-curved-screen-version-also-works/

No idea how credible that site is.

I have $900, looking to buy a phone unlocked.
what's the best i can do ?
need big screen to view waifu.

save yourself like ~500 and get the OP3T and then buy a full fleshlight setup for your pathetic life desu neko chan :3

hey guys just got my RN3P, first time using android any recommendations for good applications I should be using?

just browse the play store they do a relatively good job with recommendations, otherwise check out the chinkshit general links

Anyone got a guide for rooting RN3P international edition?

I'm going for an HTC 10 or the upcoming HTC 11 from a Galaxy S6. Worst phone I've ever had holy shit.

Please tell me how to do that. I'm on an S6 running Nova launcher but I love how clean that is

forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/how-to/guide-redmi-note-3-special-edition-kate-t3523371
and then when you're done with that, don't get too comfortable (ie dont start logging into shit, this is mainly just so your phone is prepped)

then follow from scratch here forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/development/rom-minz1s-lineageos-rom-t3528736

Enjoy, Kate is amazing.

So basically I got rid of all home screens and any icons or widgets. Start clean. I chose a good wallpaper that I wanted to use and then built from there.
I disabled the dock and page indicator.
I then went into the apps and widget settings in nova. I scrolled to the bottom and went into hide apps. Ticked off apps I would never in a million years use. Then I went back a step, and tapped drawer groups. Here's where you can set up tabs and folders. I love folders in the app drawer so that's what I did. One of my folders from here is actually on the home screen ( the social icon to the right).
Then I changed the desktop grid size. This is personal preference.
Then I dragged 3 icons to the desktop. This is totally up to you again, for me it was phone, messaging apps, and social apps (ie clover).
After that I held down on each icon, and changed the actual icon to be one from the Min Icon collection. play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ryanmkelly.me.min&hl=en
In nova settings, I disabled any home screen icon labels.
Then I just slapped on the default clock widget. But I'll be changing it soon anyways, so put in whatever widget you love.
In nova settings again, in gestures, I changed swipe up from home screen to open up the app drawer. This way I don't have to actually swipe from the bottom of the screen like pixel launcher. Swipe down should by default be notifications. Change whatever gestures into whatever else you use.

That's pretty much it. Really look into nova settings and play around with it all to find something you love. After all, it's your phone!

For any automation tasks, I use Automate by llamalabs. Other people use Tasker but personally automate is all I need. Again it's an app you really do need to play around with for yourself.