Someone stole this prototype laptop from CES. They have a $25k reward out for whoever did it...

Someone stole this prototype laptop from CES. They have a $25k reward out for whoever did it. Might even be a publicity stunt to get news traction for all we know, considering they have made no mention of any security cameras capturing the theft. What does Sup Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

money.cnn.com/2017/01/10/technology/ces-razer-gaming-laptop-stolen/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=sdSai09_jzc
youtu.be/uechD2E7f68?t=53m44s
reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5n8gvm/only_a_laptop_but_i_finally_ascended/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Link?

How could anyone just walk out with that?
Wouldn't anyone notice?

It folds into a common laptop

money.cnn.com/2017/01/10/technology/ces-razer-gaming-laptop-stolen/index.html

That's what I'm thinking. A huge show like CES with thosands of people around and no one noticed a huge product display centerpiece gone missing? Doesn't add up.

Here's a shot of it at the CES show it was stolen from. How the hell anyone could just walk away with it in front of hundreds of people is beyond me. Unless someone walked up and pretended to be a Razer worker and needed to take it away for repair, or some other story.

That thing must have a battery life of like, 2 minutes.

Probably doesn't matter.

Holy shit you guys are idiots. Do you really think someone would just take it during the show?

It was stolen during packing up after the display was over. Most of these places use union workers and nobody else is allowed to move stuff off of the floor, so it was probably just sitting there and some union fuck grabbed it.

But how did they take it during the show without anything seeing?

you actually think someone would be able to get away with stealing that in front of so many people? its a PR move

It's amazing with what you can get away with if you just act like you know what you are doing.

This looks good for memeing.
>left: 4chinz
>middle: browser
>right: VS Code

>wear razr country flag
>ppl think ur w/ them
>pocket labtop and walk away

I swear Linus from LinusTechTips said a contact that himself and Austin Evans knows told him they'd pay $ for him stealing this.

He said it in his most recent WAN show

Idk user I remember someone trying to steal a laptop on the show floor at computed a few years ago

Is there any reason other than PR stunt why they would offer so much? I mean it doesn't really have new tech on it or anything, and I don't see why it would have contained sensitive information as a display

This nigga did it

So they're going to pay $25k to the guy who stole it so they can get it back?

>huge shoutout to dbrand for helping us cover up the serial number

the proto type they had on display had non-functioning hinges. I could not fold up.

linus you absolute madman

he did walk away with some rgb'ed corsair ddr4.

none of the corsair booth cows did anything to try to see if he was just jk'ing

>Unless someone walked up and pretended to be a Razer worker and needed to take it away for repair, or some other story.
If it was actually stolen and this isn't all an elaborate marketing scheme, it was probably something like this. Dude probably came up in a razer shirt and wore a badge that looked legit.

>Freshbooks is an easy way to manage your small business expenses and ensure your clients pay you on time.

Boom baby.
youtube.com/watch?v=sdSai09_jzc

really, its the perfect time to do it. all you would need is a shirt that looked like those tech guys, a clipboard and to be confident. just act like your supposed to be taking it and do it.

>huge show like CES with thosands of people around and no one noticed a huge product display centerpiece gone missing
It's a big show, some guy in work clothes shows up and packs shit into a crate and heads out, how do you know he's not supposed to do that?

Contractors pack and unpack these exhibits, sometimes every night so that it's not left there unsupervised, you wouldn't know whether some random guy was doing his job or what.

Shame it got stolen, wish I was the guy who had it now lmao.

i know Sup Forums likes to shit on gaming laptops for being retarded and looking like stealth fighters and shit but even Sup Forums users must admit that this laptop is fucking sick. Seriously to pull this thing out in the coffee shop to do a little work and maybe play some portal 2 or one of the first 2 Bioshock games (because you know infinite fucking sucked) would be pretty awesome. I'm not saying it's a panty dropper or anything but it will definitely turn some heads and get you some attention from the smarter females who know shit about PCs.

>buy razer hat and razer shirt
>put it on in bathroom
>walk over, act like razer employee
>pick it up, fold it up, walk out.
ez

>maybe play some portal 2 or one of the first 2 Bioshock games (because you know thats all that it can run)
fixed

I can play Portal 2 on 2008 laptop hardware.

Dumb chunk publicity stunt for their shitty product

Lets be honest
>microsoft can probably track it
>it honestly more than likely hardly works
>not like they could sell it to anyone other than some mega enthusiast
>only worth like $3

Kek

Implying it isn't sat on 14 year old Abdul mahjeem lahcream mohamadman's table in a tower in dubai right now.

It's the same thing people say about stolen art and jewels. They go to people and collectors who have access to property and influence that you would never be able to crack

>They have a $25k reward
(Terms and conditions may apply)

Not even kidding, read their whole statement.

Now that's what i call a gaymer pc!

This. Just get yourself something as simple as a razer tshirt and people won't even think twice that you're supposed to be there

the laptops a meme to begin with
>needing more than two monitors for gaming
>extensively gaming on a laptop
>4k for gaming on a laptop at that screen size
>three 4k monitors
I'm curious what the fucking battery life will be anyway yea it's just a publicity stunt

Doubtful.

Like I said I highly doubt that thing worked all that well, Ive read it doesnt actually fold into a laptop, its worthless other than being intellectual property.

The whole laptop is a "because we can" publicity stunt. The hardware just doesn't exist to run high-end games stretched out on 3 4k monitors at acceptable framerates.

A single 4k monitor ? Sure. A Titan XP will chug along nicely, a 1080 would probably do just fine too. Two of either of these would crush it.
But three times as many pixels ? Dual Titan XPs run around 100-120 FPS in most high-end games at 4k. 3x 4k would murder them, you need at least 150-180 fps on a single monitor for 3 to be viable as three times the resolution means 30% the framerate.

TL;DR: If Razer had any intention of ever bringing this to market, they would have put 3x 1080p displays in there along with a GTX 1080 or _maybe_ 1070.

This genius alone created linux 16.04 and now he steals razer laptop just for fun.

What are the SPECS of that laptop, anyone knows?

Old news is old.

2 of them were stolen from the press room NOT the CES floor.

God damn, why do people keep saying this.

The screens are still manually retractable, and it folds up like a normal laptop. When they said it's not functioning yet, they meant that it doesn't automatically do it with motors.

Welcum to yesterday.

youtu.be/uechD2E7f68?t=53m44s

It was never ment for production so its not a big loss. I hope some chinks stole it so they can reverse engineer it and market it.
>apple stole it
They needed feedback on the design so claiming its stolen just for more news on it is highly likely.

>"I had a contact of mine, who you also know but I'm not gonna name this person, reach out to me and tell me that if I could steal it from Razer this contact of mine would pay the double the sticker price to have it today"
he actually did it the absolute madman

inb4 they let it get stolen on purpose since it's a pajeet shit and the chinks who stole it will be so buttraged that they'll backengineer it into based meme then Ricer can steal it back and be all "look goys it 12K cost just as much lol" and someone on Sup Forums will fall for the meme and convince their parents to spend their younger siblings college funds on it so that they can use it to become an real programmer who's no longer a disgrace to their family in the fantasies of their dumbfuck parents who just subsidized watching 12 ecchi animus at once at the cost of the only chance they had left of a functioning offspring all because a reptilian computer grain manufacturer couldn't satisfy their e-dick lust with anything less than this high pixel density double erection snake jizzing neet defiler of a BBC (big black cockputer)

>They needed feedback on the design so claiming its stolen just for more news on it is highly likely.

>Gets loads of publicity from the second it was shown
>Fake it being stolen for publicity
Smart man you.

They already said it's a tech demonstrator and don't expect the hardware to be available to actually produce it for another 5 years.

I told someone the same thing.

Look like you are meant to be there, you know what you are doing, and don't look nervous at all. once you clear the razor booth, leave with the laptop in a bag.

>for another 5 years.
I mean, they could do it right now. Just not with goddamn 4k displays.

it's already being reverse engineered in shenzen

It's amazing the shit you can get away with if you act like you're meant to be doing it

inb4 linus stole it

i stole it

im using it to shitpost

>steals a prototype laptop
>got away

>steals gnu and put his linux name on it
>got away

How do we stop this madman?

Publicity stunt. See: reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5n8gvm/only_a_laptop_but_i_finally_ascended/

Whats his name?

10/10 prose

Linus on his twitch stream thing said razer reeeee'ed when he tried to close them up. Razer said it had to be unhooked to close them up and that they rather not do that at the time.