Linux as a desktop OS is ridiculous

Linux as a desktop OS is ridiculous.

Linux is not UNIX, macshit is you fucking computer illiterate mactoddler. Also, if you want to resize an image you open your shit in pinta and resize all you want.

Why aren't mactoddlers banned already?

convenience has a cost

its not like apple sells servers or anything so your image is meaningless

Nice bait

Agreed. Using a kernel as an OS is ridiculous.

>AND IF I CANT?
Get a real computer.

>WTF IS THIS?
"You expect me to type things into a computer? Are you fucking kidding me?"

>LOL WUT
If you want to do something more complex than resizing an image to a specific pixel width, there is additional documentation to explain how.

>le guibabby way is superior
Okay then, what if you want to resize it to a size other than 1080p? If all you ever want is to resize images to 1080p, then "the UNIX way" is to look up the specific command just once, save it in a shell script, and run it whenever you want to resize an image. All the advantages of the GUI option, but more customization.

???

This thread is bait, but it's also an example of people who unironically think this way and will be why the future is going to collapse in on itself.

Nobody will know why anything works the way it does.

haha holy shit look at that title bar, worst thing I've seen in while.

What part of "available everywhere" do you not understand, NEETcuck?

>look mom i posted it again

Yeah, using a kernel as an OS is really weird

Cool. GThumb can do it even easier than the applel on the left.

If "everywhere" means "in Finder" it's definitely within the realm of possibility to replicate the same behavior about as easily.

Nope, services work in all Cocoa apps. Web browser, torrent client, finder, xcode, settings. Currently, 100% of my GUI apps are Cocoa, so 100% of them support services.

Linux is not a desktop OS.

Yup. Too bad Windows is unusable crap and Mac OS is designed by retards for retards.

You should really have a look at this. If you want to save some screen real estate.

>Nope, services work in all Cocoa apps. Web browser, torrent client, finder, xcode, settings. Currently, 100% of my GUI apps are Cocoa, so 100% of them support services.
Neat.
>Linux is not a desktop OS.
I agree, but it works for me.

You know what, you're absolutely right. They are a little too big.

Chromium is retarded about stuff like this.

Is that elemtaryOS?

Nah, it's just Antegos with Gnome.

the best part about Mac is you can do the method on the right as well.

>responding to bait
>not closing the image at 'the apple way' 'the unix way'.

That looks so fucking childish it's insane. It's like trying to copy the worst parts of material design with the worst parts of macOS design.

Jesus fucking christ no wonder no creative individual/organization uses linux distros seriously.

Why does chromium in the top bar have a drop down arrow and what extension is that

Lol seriously

Linux is so fucking shit as a desktop OS, there's a reason why it has 1% market share.

Nobody fucking uses it because it's unfuckingusable.

the worst part about Mac is that I don't have access to it

>doesn't know how to hackintosh

The arrow is just from gnome I think

I do know, but the required maintenance is such a turn off.

>omg im too dumb to use a keyboard i need the clicky thingy

>not using waifu2x
get out

>That looks so fucking childish it's insane.

I sure hope you don't use Windows

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>windows
>in 2017

ElementaryOS is literally OSX but with freedom.

Elementary is OSX of 2008 but still looks worse and gets a lot of things wrong because they're all basically volunteers so they can't fully commit to it.

it looks exactly the same wtf are you on about. inb4 "muh frosty mcdosty ui" it still has that

It doesn't look exactly the same at all friend, I mean you have to be blind to suggest any of the icons look 'exactly the same'.

It's about as close as we're going to get though, unfortunately.

>using a gui in 2017

you can literally, LITERALLY paste the same icons from osx to freya. i don't know what else to tell you.

That doesn't contradict the point though, you're adding an additional step. They don't look 'exactly the same' BY DEFAULT.

>AND IF I CAN'T?

Just kill yourself. Its so much easier than shitposting on Sup Forums.

This