Reminder that linux is not "hack proof" and can be compromised as easily as windows or osx can

Reminder that linux is not "hack proof" and can be compromised as easily as windows or osx can.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J_JIhn3vJVI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what's his name?

>his

>as easily

I don't use linux, but allow me to play devils advocate.

1. I don't think many people seriously think this

2. linux isn't used by many people and the people who do use it aren't nearly as gullible as users on other platforms, so the amount of attacks that are targeted at linux is very, very low. To the point that it's not even something linux users have to worry about most of the time.

With that said, if you're not a complete idiot, avoiding viruses and the like is very easy on any platform. A good adblock, and awareness of the sources you're downloading from will stop 99.9% of things from getting through.

>you're posting on Sup Forums

>as easily as windows or osx

LOL

>no data from 2014 onward

>not using 9front

ele

>implying it's a girl
ewwwwwwww

Who would imagine that an OS with ~85% market share would have more people prodding at it to find vulnerabilities?

I like that professional opinion of yours and all of the citations that you posted to back up your claim.

>comparing an operating system to a kernel
Now show me a graph comparing the number vulnerabilities in NT and Linux

Sup Forumsindowsfags won't face the fact that if Windows was used more, more vulnerabilities would've been found.

Linux is a kernel that is used on most of the computers in existence today, and it is still less vulnerable than Windows NT.

>avoiding viruses and the like is very easy on any platform. A good adblock, and awareness of the sources you're downloading from will stop 99.9% of things from getting through.
That's only been true for about the past 5 years or so. And even now it's still fairly easy to get your shit fucked up for even a somewhat knowledgeable user. Just look at the recent compromised Transmission installs. Not too many normies are torrenting let alone seeking out different clients.

>comparing Microsoft to Linux
>being so disingenuous that you pretend Windows is Microsoft's only product
NOT
AN
ARGUMENT

>Apple sells Windows now
haha
youtube.com/watch?v=J_JIhn3vJVI

::::^^^^))))))

>can't compare microsoft to redhat, novell, debian, canonical
>can't go directly to product pages

wew lad do you need someone to hold your hand while you take a shit too?

Stop bumping your shill thread faggot.

There is already like 10 threads dedicated to shilling Windows by shitting Linux.

Should use grsecurity anyway.

This is a well known fact