Radeon rx 480 is the best price/performance video card to get

radeon rx 480 is the best price/performance video card to get

Man I hate it that lower vram models have also slower memory

for housefires.

I guess if you're poor.

If you're over 22 and have a real job, you should buy Nvidia at the 1070 or 1080 range like a successful adult.

But I agree, 480 is the card to go if you are using your mommy's monthly allowance.

That's great mate. I'll gladly pay extra for a 1080 which lets me actually make use of my 144hz monitor when gaming and has far better driver support and cooling.

Factor in energy prices.

this meme is gettong old user

But Im phd physics student and RX480 is most expensive card I ever bought. I cant afford 1070.

We know. Please stop mentioning it. It makes nvidiots uncomfortable and launch into unbeckoned post-purchase rationalization.

or if gaming is just a secondary hobby if don't need to invest top tier money

It can't use gsync though :)

You're a generation behind- the 480 is as energy efficient as the nvidia cards

How many CUDA cores for GPU compute?

I quote from the manual for the software I use "This can leverage either CPU cores, NVIDIA GPU (graphics card) CUDA cores or a hybrid that users both run solely on the GPU/multiple GPUs. AMD graphics cards will not accelerate this process however the software will still run in CPU only mode on such setups"
So on that basis it dons't strike me that any AMD card offers any performance for the work I do regardless of the price.

Then why were they frying PCI-E slots?

Literally 11cents per kilowatthour

I'd still buy a 1060. It's more future proof to get drivers.

Just the usual bad design. Throw in a little 'it only happened to like 2 people who had shitty PSUs' and Sup Forums hyperbole and you'd have got the impression that a really rare event happened to everyone (and that AMD was finished for the 340th time that year)

but it's all I have left ;_;

Get drivers that are not perfect at the beginning and that keep improving
Versus
Getting drivers that never get better and get gimped intentionally

they were drawing more power from the PCI-e slot itself than the specification allowed for (75w)

motherboards can usually handle much more than that but it was still a significant risk especially on cheap OEM shit. incidentally we don't hear about that at all anymore so I guess it was mostly a reference model problem.

the overall power draw (slot + 6/8 pin) is pretty good. just about 10w higher than the 1060 and lower than the 970 was. Nvidia still wins there but the difference is so trivial is doesn't matter at all.

If you have a real job you shouldn't waste all that time on gaming. Stop pretending you're earning it, you're just sucking daddy's money kid.

sour grapes

You never hear about it because it was fixed within days of release.

You murica fucks are really lucky with those prices.

I would rather put that $400 into my IRA and watch it grow into over $2000. Because that is the adult thing to do. You do have a fully funded IRA and 401(k), correct?

pc gaming is a hobby / something to do when bored

what the fuck does any of that have to do with being poor or rich retard?

nvidia has bent you over and fucked you in the ass so long you can't even think right

Yes well we have niggers, so it equals out

>better driver support
>cooling

amd's driver support is better than nvidia's right now

what the fuck does cooling have to do with anything? you do realize that amd/nvidia both have shit reference coolers right? and aftermarket coolers depend on who makes them, for example the xfx rx 480 gtr has amazing cooling, while other variants don't

people actually think the 1080 CHIP its self has "good cooling" that's how you know their casual retards

my experience so far with the RX480™
>update drivers
>black screen during update
>no further response
only on AMD

not a single pci-e slot was fried, your dumb ass reads a headline and believes everything

>I would rather put that $400 into my IRA and watch it grow into over $2000.
nah you see a real adult would have that taken directly out of his paycheck so he can spend all his money on gaymen shit in full peace of mind

try using ddu
try being less of a retard

didn't 1060 owners have their perf cut down to a third due to a driver update a few weeks ago

shit happens

>144hz

in what game are you hitting 144+fps? on what resolution and what settings?

amd now gimps their drivers?

kek, find me 480 8gb here in europe for $250-300 and we will talk, rx 480 8gb would cost me over ~$378 so it's obvious i chose gtx 1060 6gb

HurrDurr Eurocucks are more expensive

My experience so far with 1060:
>Want to update drivers
>Have to sign into Facebook®
>Have to have telemetry/spyware GeForce® experience® installed
>Provide personal character references
>Phone number and address needs to be verified
>proof of purchase and serial number needs to be verified
>Have to sign a non disparigment agreement
>Drivers are 2 gb
>Install newer version
>Reboot, old drivers still installed and activated
>Try to download again " sorry user, only one download per user."
>Crawl into my boyfriend's arms and cry

are you actually EU or just slavland pseudo EU?

>successful adult
>plays videogames

>Implying I dont own my own business

I feel you user.

Prior to my $349 meme 970, I bought a 6870 for $169 not too long after launch. Brand new too, with a game (that i played quite a bit, dirt 3).

Maxed out every game for about 3 years.

>rx 480
>$229
Pick one

But think of all those refugees you help with your hard earned income.

>he only owns one business
ha ha do you even grownup

Pic related, the prices in France

>tfw my strix 480 cost me 380 bucks
canada sux

Im probably twice your age

Your very graph shows that it's actually 1070.

Show 1060. Im just curious.

I hope I'm not still here at 50

Eurobucks are weak against the dollar due to bongs exit plan. Bongs fucked everyone over.

>Best price/performance
>If you are poor only

It doesnt work like that user

fail

Wrong

I suspected cherry picking and bias and was not disappointed

>I suspected cherry picking and bias and was not disappointed
how that ?

I ask for 1060 and I get single fan 3gb "1060" prices. Might as well compare it to a 470

I gave you all the RX480 both 4GB and 8GB and all the 1060 3GB and 6GB

Wew such bias and cherry picking!

>I am literally blind
How do you even post?

144 fps 1080p on ultra with a 1080 isn't hard.

Just hit it in Mankind Divided. Even turned on some MSAA setting that used like 4GB of GPU memory and still had no problems.

In Dota2 on max it's super easy to hit and it doesn't even stress the GPU at all.

Fuck me. I walked out of Fry's Electronics yesterday with my GTX 1060 for $250 (my 560ti just crapped out). I should have done more research, as I don't even know if my computer is good enough for this graphics card. StarCraft is running smooth. But everything else in my PC sucks. The card BARELY fits in the box.

This is cool: This is shit:But lets get back to the whole price disparity issue where AMD is the more expensive option, supposedly

Is AMD really that far behind?

>Then why were they frying PCI-E slots?

That only happened when people used 3 card in parallel to mine bitcoins.

Plus they fixed it in the driver since then.

>midrange card had the highest score in the midrange lineup
>1300MHz AMD card beats 1800MHz Nvidia card
>they are behind

ok.

RX480 8GB Nitro owner here. Can confirm it's a great card. Runs kind of hot though. Sits at about 85 when playing The Witcher 3 (1080p, Ultra, Hair works off) but that's the most demanding game I play.

Unfortunately I noticed my GPU has faulty bearings on one of the fans so I sent it back to the supplier today. Will have to wait a few days.

Thank for reading my blog. Be sure to Like/Subscibe/Donate and share!

I'm a PhD CS student, and we ordered a couple 1070s for "research". Maybe I'm still poor, but at least I have a working man's GPU

I can guarantee that the people that buy 480s/1060s get more out of their cards than those who buy 1080s.
90% of 1080 owners are posers that are shit at video games and just like to goggle at their fancy graphics and high performance without actually doing anything worthwhile with it.

>no shadowplay
fucking dropped. name one equal alternative or gtfo

No. 290x sits between 1060 3gb and 480 4gb. Comes in around $160 used. Used market will always give better price/perf.

No matter how you look at it Nvidia have caused an up surge in the cost of gfx cards, their greed has gotten the best of them, just like Intel in the CPU market,, as long as their are customers who are stupid enough to pay their HUGE prices, they will continue to keep the price going up, for god sale bring back 3DFX lol.

tfw the 970/980 aren't on the chart...

>Just hit it in Mankind Divided
Unless you're playing on low that's bullshit. But don't take my word for it just look at every single benchmark with 1080 struggling to get even 120 on that

Funny right? Considering that a heavily OCed GTX 970 (most do +1500core) can compete and even win against a 480 8GB most of the time.

are there any new cool AIB models of 480?

have they made a itx-friendly one yet

OBS, relive, windows 10 built in DVR. done.

oh i forgot to add you don't have to sign in with facebook to use these programs either. :^)

I said "one EQUAL alternative" with no performance loss

I have a 1060 and I don't use GFE to get drivers. You don't even have to update all the time anyway, and when I feel the need I just get them manually.

I knew the RX 470 BTFO'ed my 1050 Ti, but I thought it at least had inferior performance per watt.

What the fuck was Nvidia doing with the 1050 Ti, does Samsung's 14nm process just suck?

You can simply use an older version of GFE.

They know that people will buy their cards even if they were shipped with a fresh human shit placed next to the card.

i don't get a performance hit with built in DVR. but then again i don't have a cookie cutter shit build.
>Nvidia advertises ShadowPlay as having very minimal performance impact but on the laptop in my sig I have not found that to be the case

most low end nvidia builds do feel a performance hit with shadowplay, too. in fact i remember multiple threads where people were telling others to disable shadowplay from running in the background.
i know you want to keep sucking nvidias dick but there are viable alternatives.

So 2 RX480 ( in crossfire) is cheaper than a 1080, (without counting the power needed). Is it worth ?
I don't ear any one speak abour crossfire or sli anymore.
Must we wait next gen ?

Is it just me or are a ton more games being optimized for AMD cards latley?

Their support for the newer APIs is better. Whether it will mean anything in the long run remains to be seen though, DX10 and 11 were shit so I don't see why all the hype for 12.

Do they make rx 480s under 10 inches?

I was actually looking at one earlier today that was on sale at newegg, but it was a 10.6.. msi, IIRC

>>gayyymeen gpu^tm
>>working gpu
kek

Undervolt it. Same card here. Never goes above 75 in witcher 3. 1306 core, 220 memory @ 1.075v. However I do drop foliage visibility to high for steady 60fps.

XFX Radeon RX 480 RS, 8GB GDDR5

Sorry m8 Saphire made one of the worst aftermarket cards this generation.

XFX the best, MSI and Asus are tied for second, then you got the Chink Lion card, Saphire, Gigabyte.

>229
>290
Meanwhile outside of Sup Forums reality kicks in hard and both cost the same if you don't want your 480 RX to explode and 1060 still is going to beat it once you OC it. Just another lying whore.

thanks for the info

This card looks like an ideal upgrade for my ancient 2011 rig. sandy bridge 3.3ghz, 8gb ram, 500w psu, current card is a sapphire hd7850

hope the 8gb model goes on sale for around 200 AR soon.. the 4gb was on sale today for around 160 AR

G T R
T
R