When buying a replacement battery for a laptop. Does it have to be the same mAh? My original battery was 4400mAh...

When buying a replacement battery for a laptop. Does it have to be the same mAh? My original battery was 4400mAh, and this one I was gonna buy is 5200 mAh. Does it have to be a 4400mAh like the oriignal?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B014IYMOPM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2V21Q89UMQAD0
trademarkia.com/agda-86390571.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No.

Just make sure the voltage is the same.
You can have more Amps per hour but you just have to make sure the voltage is the same.

Also NEVER but NEVER buy chink batteries.
Either buy branded batteries or find someone who replaces Battery cells with new Branded Cells.

yes

Is agda a chink battery?

No it doesn't. But make sure voltage and amperage are the same. Also be aware that capacity is directly proportional to size, so it will be bigger than the original.

Ooo good thinking. So it will stick out a bit? I doubt its worth it then. But it is only 13 bucks, cant beat that.

amazon.com/gp/product/B014IYMOPM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2V21Q89UMQAD0

>agda
To be completely fucking honest I don't know, there are no mentions of it anywhere except that its a trademarked company.

I honestly just buy branded batteries and refurbish the old ones with new cells.
AKA buy batteries from the brand your laptop is or you might have a nasty surprise when the cells don't recharge or overcharge.

No.
trademarkia.com/agda-86390571.html

Then no harm can come from getting it then right?

it is almost 100% a chink battery.

Agda is owned by a "Bay Valley Parts Inc", which is located in a random industrial section of fremont CA.

most likely the import cheap batteries and shit from china and slap a sticker on it and call it "american"

I see. But isn't samsung batteries also Chinese? I look on the back of my original and there is chink print on there. I just am not sure the downsides of buying a chink brand battery. Not like it can kill my laptop can it? The battery I have is already pretty much dead but it's lasted 4 years so far

The difference is samsung mandates the chinks build it to their specifications, and if it isn't no more business from samsung. So the chinks make it good for them.

When they make the same battery for a no-brand or to be rebranded as something else, they cheap out on the manufacturing because fuck em, it's cheaper that way.

There is a difference between OEM chink, and no-brand chink.

Ah I see. So generally the battery is Shit right? Best bet would to be to buy the original battery again and spend the extra 20 bucks or so for it? Or hell just don't even buy one and save for a new laptop since the one I have is getting sort of old. But I do love the laptop because its all I've ever had.

>Best bet would to be to buy the original battery again and spend the extra 20 bucks or so for it? Or hell just don't even buy one and save for a new laptop
correct, spend more on the battery and use it until the fucker dies, or save up for something new entirely.

Appreciate the advice man

This actually isn't true. The one Op listed andon 4400 are almost identical in size that's why they fit both.

Dont post if you donno what youre talking about.

I replaced my dead battery of my Asus laptop with a bigger one no problem. Some or maybe even all of them just have 18650 batteries in them. If you're very careful you could open it up and just replace them.

You can replace it easily need soldering and cable (took some photos/ picture before tearing it apart) LG made 18650 each battery is so cheap probably like $30 for whole 6 cells.

Couldnt you put a new battery take the cells out of that and put them into your old one? Then put the old cells back into the new battery and return it saying it isnt what you wanted?

As long as its the same voltage and is made to fit your laptop, you're OK. mAH represents the size of the battery- more mAH the more charge it will hold.

This is the easiest way I can explain it. Also, like everyone said...avoid chink shit.

What about Anker brand of laptop batteries?

There is one for my model of laptop and its a slightly higher capacity.
(My laptop was working fine last time I used it barring an occasional OS freeze with no BSOD and the battery being shot. The freezing might be HDD related since its a laptop from 2011/2012 and I put a 1tb hybrid drive in there)

I bought a battery from this company for my t420. 9 cell, good for maybe four hours on max brightness.

Fuck off

I think /csg/ dubbed 'chink' as the notoriously cheap and bootleg-tier crap whereas anything of actually decent quality is simply considered Chinese.

You realize everything is made in china right?

>Amps per hour.
You clearly don't know shit about this.

>Amps per hour
>a measurement of current
>per hour

obviously a type faggot.

It's just a poor way of measuring it

It should be wattage, not current

The current shouldn't change if the voltage and resistance stays the same

It doesn't make sense to me to measure it with current to decide how long it should last under certain full power usage.

And who are you?

The Ah rating doesn't matter because there is no certification requirement - companies can say anything they want particularly with aftermarket batteries.

If a branded replacement isn't available for your laptop, don't waste your money, cause you'll be DAMN lucky to get a year's worth of use and 50% of the capacity of the original - particularly with the fly-by-night Chinese companies selling laptop batteries.

It's best to check that there is a branded replacement battery for the brand/model of laptop you're going to buy BEFORE you buy the laptop.

Manufacturers like Dell or Lenovo will have branded replacements available for years to come, but you get into iffy territory when you buy less popular brands, and even seemingly strong brands like Asus who will only sell branded battery replacements that have the same capacity for 6 months after the release of a new model, after that they will sell a reduced- capacity branded battery for another year. Then they sell off the housing tooling to a no-name Chinese company who will put USED cells into the same housing and sell them as "new". So, buy one or two (or three) replacement batteries immediately if you are going to get a middle of the road brand laptop.

Well, who are you?
I really wanna know
Tell me, who are you?
'Cause I really wanna know

well yeah, how else would you know how fast your battery can accommodate changing resistance
my old phone only had 2 mA/hr, and it took all day to switch from a 200Ω app to a 10k one

So if the laptop is 4 years old then im pretty screwed?

Pretty much. Chances are whatever battery you can find for under $100 will be junk that you can barely eek 1.5 hours of use out of.

wtf

mhm