/pixel/

Hey Sup Forums. Can anyone explain to me why the pixel is so horrifically inept and can anyone further explain to me why people on /spg/ seem to think it's a good phone?

I'm just warning everyone so they don't get memed like I did. I had a flip phone for like four months after having my iPhone for two years. I thought, hey, I'm starting my job soon, I better get a smartphone for business purposes. I was due for an upgrade and figured that the Pixel looked pretty cool (epic battery life, epic photos!).

I got fucked so hard you wouldn't believe it. It comes OUT OF THE BOX unable to charge. I have to delicately adjust it for ten minutes before the thing even recognizes that it has charging capability. I shit you not, I sat on the floor and plugged and unplugged my charger for fifteen minutes last night before it BRIEFLY made a connection. Terrible hardware.

The software is shit too. I can't log into ANYTHING that requires a manual login online. Doing so immediately crashes Chrome ("Chrome as stopped working. Restart?") ad infinitum. I have yet to be able to log into any site online OR post on Sup Forums AT ALL (some bullshit about the ISP). Terrible software.

I understand that this isn't the case for all the Pixels but my experience was a nightmare. Everyone who thinks that the Pixel is just inaccessible or super elite or whatever are wrong. It's riddled with problems.

Maybe you guys know this, I don't know. But fuck the Pixel and fuck Google.
>inb4 shill
I don't care about any smartphones, but this shit is disappointing. Anyone care to explain how something like this happens to a new flagship?

>buy phone
>charger doesn't work
>doesn't immediately get a refund
Chrome does suck on every phone though

Dude what it's wYyyy nice

spg is absolutely useless
all it's riddled with is poorfags trying to shill their latest purchase, or poorfags with a credit card that just bought the latest samshit/iphag/pixlel and are trying to rationalize their shitty purchase

make up your own mind when it comes to phones, all phone discussion should be banned on this board because it's cancerous

No problems here :^)

I'm really considering buying a Google Pixel, but I don't really like Android. People tell me iOS is better, and I need a good camera etc. Would Oneplus 3T worth it? Is the camera any good? The downside is that I have small hands, so the 3T's size would be kind of awkward to hold.

The Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro doesn't have this issue :^)

and the chinese botnet is less harmful than the google botnet anyway

You don't want a Google Pixel. It's broken.

>using the smiley with the caret nose

IOS certainly isn't better. It's capabilities deliberately hobbled when in reality it should be able to do anything a computer can. Android isnt quite there but the fact you can actually use the file system makes it leaps and bounds more manageable than an iPhone.

Camera is as good as everyone says. If you want a second option to the pixel the upcoming HTC Ocean will be remarkably similar. All the problems and complaints of Android stem from manufacturer Rom like TouchWiz with preinstalled non removable applications. HTC Ocean will have those but if you buy a pixel from Google it won't. Also free cloud storage for your 90gb of dick pick courtesy of Google.

>Camera is as good as everyone says

OP here, I can definitely confirm this. It's one of the few upsides

The ISP thing isn't the Pixel's fault, sounds like some master troll spammed CP and got your entire cell network IP range banned.

Got a pixel xl and it's been fine, slight audio issue with speaker when it's on full volume slightly distorted but I think it's cause it's so loud. Camera is fine, video camera can't seem to focus on close objects, os is fine super smooth and fast. Overall pleased with it. Hardware may not be that original and people complain about the chin but I find it handy when in portrait mode but I don't find anything else bad with it, also unlimited backups with so far any kind of image, if I make a folder it asks if I want it backing up which is nice

>Android isnt quite there but the fact you can actually use the file system makes it leaps and bounds more manageable than an iPhone.

Sorry senpai, but you ain't gonna get any pussy with an Android phone.

rather have butt anyways

You're either retarded or got a defective model. Get a refund.

I just rooted my Pixel. It's a great damned phone. My fingerprint scanner might be defective though. It never recognizes my fingerprint.

Trust me, if you're alpha enough bitches don't care

>Being with a trashwhore who will bang someone based on their phone's OS.
Are you a nig?

>caret

I got a OnePlus 3 and have small hands, phone works fine for me.
just use the keyboard in right handed mode or left handed mode and you'll be fine.

the camera is decent. it's a little better when you use HQ mode and you'll get better shots if you like messing around in manual mode.

I have no regrets getting this phone, coming from a 2013 moto x.

Nice. Thanks for the info. Would a Google Pixel be a better deal overall?

>
^ = caret u dingus

Same with Nexus 6, Google really is shit

pixel has a better camera if you care about that and will probably have longer support then the OnePlus 3/3t. also if you buy insurance on the phone you'll be able to get a replacement faster rather them sending the OnePlus back to get a replacement from OnePlus.

the 3t has the same cpu and 2 more GB of RAM than the pixel at only $479.

Just keep in mind I'm not sure what carrier your on but that I know of the 3/3t supports at&t and T-Mobile only I think. I may be wrong on that though, but it's what I've read on other places.

just look around and make sure it works for your carrier first of you decide to get it.

If you need good camera and don't mind lack of apps, go for some Lumia.

hahaha

Clean the sensor, you can reset your approved fingerprints if need be too. Happens to my Pixel every once in a while and all it needs to work properly again is a quick cleaning

>windows phone
No, thanks.

You mean carrot surely?

Fucking Pixel design is utter rubbish, and it is overpriced as fuck here in Europe, like any HTC made phone.

Also Huawei reported that Google initially asked them to make their new phones, but Huawei declined.

And Google then went for a fast 2nd solution and have gone with HTC.

End of story

I prefer HTC design instead of Huawei's. But the newer phones from Huawei look nice.

>needing a certain phone OS to get laid
Holy shit how desperate are you

Maybe you should stick to flip phones, they seem to be more your speed Grandpa.

You literally
1) made everything up, I highly DOUBT EVERYTHING CRASHED OMAGERD
2) you had a defective phone which is part of life kiddo, it takes a few more days of your time to get a new one holy shit it's like manufacturing is a perfect process or something

Bait thread

t. iPhone user who enjoys competition

Haven't run into one issue with my pixel yet, software and optimisation is amazing. Hardware is a bit lacking but meh.

>:^D

Didn't even read this to be honest but I have a Pixel and a OnePlus 2 and they are both great and pretty much you are wrong.

Phones are bad.

megapickles aren't everything. dynamic range is just as important as resolution.