Digital skills of students in decline

How do we fix this problem?

>A new report has revealed that the digital skills of the nation’s students are at their lowest point in four years, with the average computer technology literacy of students in Years 6 and 10 both dropping compared to 2011’s results.

>"We observed with the increased use of the technology, it's more for social media and communications purposes," Randall said.

educatoronline.com.au/news/digital-skills-of-students-in-decline-208550.aspx

>How do we fix this problem?
why? that's better, less competition

>having a technically illiterate population is better

>giving a fuck about your peers who are all self centered selfish lazy faggots anyways
good goy

>young millennials
>your peers

I'm getting too old for this place.

>le tablet generation will be the most technologically competent ever!
>they're growing up with smart devices so they'll have more experience!

Meanwhile in reality:
>mobile devices lock you out of as much low level functionality as possible
>all advanced features and settings are hidden
>tablets and smartphones are essentially a dumb screen that accesses a web browser
>even Windows is on a trend of dumbing down, omitting or replacing power user features, trying to push idiotic touch screen UI

Society is pretty much irreparable at this point. Sweet merciful meteor end it already.

>Generation X aren't self centered unadaptable faggots who would stab you in the back in exchange for 2 more cents on their pension

>black and brown population grows
>most of them are low IQ and have no skills, digital or otherwise
Yeah, that's going to reduce your technical skill average too.

Say goodbye to the first world white people. You can't educate a low IQ refugee into an average white kid and his kids are going to be just as dumb.

We learned about evolution and human biodiversity over a century ago. You ignore that long enough and your society decays back to the human mean of tribal stupidity.

Fuck off back to your containment board.

>>>tumblr

No one likes to see your whining shit up a thread. Triggered little lefty.

You're bringing off-topic shit to the thread. Fuck off.

The article was discussing the problem in Australia, which doesn't have any of the problems you listed, you dumb, double-digit-IQ nigger.

this, you forgot 'spineless'
Not to mention baby boomers, with their lead poisoned brain.

That wasn't even my post. I just responded to you because you're an insufferable tumblr faggot, and you don't belong here.
Stay in your "safe space" lefty faggot sites where you belong.

replace niggers with abos, solved ;^)

Ban smartphones.

This was to be expected.

In the 60s, boomers grew up tweaking cars in their drive ways. Then, generation X came, and they all bought a car, yet 99% of them don't understand how their cars work.

Gen Y was the digital tweaker generation, Gen Z is the digital consumer generation.

Sup Forumsfags are actually much worse than tumblrfags when it comes to "safe spaces".

I can't even... I'm literally shaking right now. Can you just like not? It's 2017, come on!

I blame the parents for the most part, they just buy their kids computers and dont teach them anything about it. If I had a kid I would give him a fresh install of arch and show him how to use the man pages and google, that should at least give him a good start.

>If I had a kid I would give him a fresh install of arch and show him how to use the man pages and google, that should at least give him a good start.

Kek, good luck with that.

Gas them all.

My dad gave me free reign with a computer he made me when I turned 10

I'm now a furry who does nothing but play CS and smoke weed all day

Save yourself the trouble and don't

Hey, its great when I don't have a billion different people applying for the same job and creating job security since said people are not familiar enough to fix shit.

lel how do you get money for weed? do you steal it from your parents or is it even worse?

So humans are processor architectures?
>tic tok

Just force kids to figure out how to configure apache / nginx and some other sysadmin things, and hopefully they'll gain an interest in how "things work".

If not, they'll still have basic literacy outside of how to open Facebook.apk

Sometimes I help people find weed, sometimes I draw. I used to sell shit out of my attic but there's nothing left to sell

I'm going to college one class at a time, I'm too lazy for a real job

You should start growing your own, mane.
One crop and you'll more than enough for a year.

I've thought about it

If I lived alone I totally would I think

protip: we don't

more money for those who excell in IT

Give some to your roommates if they're not prude as fuck, they'll probably be chill about it.