What's his endgame?

what's his endgame?

Other urls found in this thread:

freebsdnews.com/2016/12/29/freebsd-foundation-announces-uranium-level-donation/
youtube.com/watch?v=8LsxmQV8AXk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

One kernel to rule them all.

killing GNU

When is Windows switching over to the Linux Kernel?

>bill_gates.jpg
kek

I don't think Linus cares anymore, to be honest. Nowadays the people pushing for an agenda are people like Lennart Poetting who wants Linux to be 1 OS (no more distributions), wants to eliminate POSIX compatability from it (meaning software won't be portable), all the while forcing the world to use the giant bloated mess that is systemd which is primarily designed for his laptop.

he has already built what's arguably the most advanced and proliferate computer program in history. I'm guessing he only care about further improving the kernel indefinitely.

maybe he wants full hegemony but he doesn't strike me as that kind of dude.

when Linux is no longer GPL. so, never.

if it was, say, BSD licensed, every big company out there would use it but the project would get absolutely dick all back. just like OpenBSD and FreeBSD.

>if it was, say, BSD licensed, every big company out there would use it but the project would get absolutely dick all back. just like OpenBSD and FreeBSD.
You mean like Juniper donating +$50k USD, Netflix donating $500k USD, Netapp donating $100k USD, as well as many other companies donating lesser amounts to the FreeBSD foundation?
Aside from all of that, how Microsoft, Netflix, NetApp, EMC, and many other companies contribute code sponsored by either FreeBSD committers or by getting their programmers their own commit bit?

crashing your distro, with no error messages.

Sorry, it was the founder of WhatsApp not Netflix who donated $500k USD. Netflix donates $50k each year.

Better yet, storing kernel dumps in a binary format.

Freeing this world. With no survivors.

>every big company out there would use it
They do already.

>but the project would get absolutely dick all back. just like OpenBSD and FreeBSD
But FreeBSD is the only BSD people really care about and does receive things back

freebsdnews.com/2016/12/29/freebsd-foundation-announces-uranium-level-donation/

Random charities to support women coders get more money than that literally who cares.

They already emulate the Linux kernel perfectly

Why would they actually need Linux?

he is going to rule the world with Linux

youtube.com/watch?v=8LsxmQV8AXk

He has already reached it.

>be self-employed, successful, impervious to threats of losing your job
>use this set of stats to infuriate people and shit on their faces without fear of repercussion

The man is an accomplished troll. An example for us all to strive for.
SJW's can't do shit to him.

Based on a quick look through the last few quarterly status reports from FreeBSD, these are the companies that actively contribute to the FreeBSD code, only going back to 2015: EMC, Netflix, Amazon, Microsoft, ScaleEngine (other CDN like Netflix), Google, Intel, Mellanox, Cavium and ARM, Cisco, Citrix, nginx, DARPA, Juniper, and Netgate.

That was my point. I can't spell it out any simpler than I already have. You might wanna ask your mom if she dropped you as a child.

WTF is FreeBSD doing with all this money? if they were smart and wanting to put it back in to FreeBSD then that OS should be as good and easy as Apple's OSX

>oh no!
>a bunch of online social justice evangelists are getting all mad at me and threatening me over my attitude and statements!

>i'll give myself a salary raise for this achievement

And that kids, is how Linus Trollvalds rolls.

That's part of what they're doing with the money, actually. They hire well-respected C programmers at industry-standard wages. Check the quarterly status report, every single thing sponsored by the FreeBSD Foundation is work made with money that's donated to the FreeBSD foundation.

Money is also spent on hardware to test FreeBSD on, hardware to build it on, hardware to build packages on, as well as network infrastructure for ftp.freebsd.org and pkg.freebsd.org (the two main repositories that are used to grab the software from).

I forgot to add this:
FreeBSD isn't meant to be easy - it's prime purpose is stability, and to a lesser degree, speed.

>That was my point. I can't spell it out any simpler than I already have. You might wanna ask your mom if she dropped you as a child.
But your point was clearly the opposite

No it fucking well wasn't.

To live long enough to see himself become the villain

He doesn't have one, unlike Microsoft, Apple, Google or Stallman that want to lock you into their prision. Linus doesn't give a shit about making you like his kernel. He is like Theo de Raadt and the OpenBSD project in that aspect. If you like it, good. If you don't that's ok we don't give a shit.

>intel

HAHAHAHA, LINUS IS A GOY!

BTFO FREETARDS!

He created Linux, that's enough endgame for me.

"kerneld" when?

When seL4 is the standard microkernel for Linux.

what is difference between freebsd and linux distros? is it better to rice bsd for desktop or it is a niche OS for special purpose?

Ayymazing.