If Android is Linux, why can't Android run Linux programs and vice versa?

If Android is Linux, why can't Android run Linux programs and vice versa?

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=x.org.server&hl=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because linux is shit.

It can if you install enough dependencies

Also Android is open source, why don't Linux devs try to make this happen?... It might make Linux a usable OS, there's a HUGE amount of Android apps/programs.

Android can run Linux applications. I don't know why doing the opposite is so much more difficult.

It's a totally different ecosystem.

>It might make Linux a usable OS, there's a HUGE amount of Android apps/programs.
...and they're all shitty dumbed-down and stripped-off versions of existing FOSS software for Linux. Are you fucking retarded? The last thing that I want would be apps on my computer.

Linux in a nutshell

It can

>Do I fit in yet? XDDDD

Theres already RemixOS and PhoenixOS based on Android x86

You can if your dick is big enough

Ever heard of chroot faggot?

Android isn't GNU/LINUX, it's Linux Kernal/Android VM. But there is strong Linux application support on Android, and emulate Linux terminal apps on Android is doable.

Android is pretty easy to emulate, so it's not really a problem to emulate. There are Free Android x86 OS too.

sauce?

Termux it's on the play store. Console applications work pretty well.

The sam reason why I cannot use apt-get on CentOS

>Termux
Has a limited amount of packages....

I can't believe they still making question like this...

It can
I made a 2GB ext4 .IMG file with Debian on it, using debootstrap, then made scripts to install it, mounting it when I want to use it and unmounting it when I'm done
It's really neat, has all Debian repositories working

Everything works, I can even program my microcontrollers using a USB burner

Exactly what I am using, except I made the IMG file myself using debootstrap since the ones on XDA were old as fuck

Also using this application called xserver xsdl you can run an xserver on your phone. Not too convenient but nice to tinker around.
I installed xfce4 on my Debian chroot and now running it using the xserver

Probably because Android apps are often non-Free (and non-free), and all the "but muh OSS purity" Stallman types get triggered. There was enough of a shitstorm with Steam getting ported.

That and they're all lazy and will tell you to do it yourself.

They can.

>why can't Android run Linux programs and vice versa?

it can. Just install a chroot.

Is it possible to modify some init script in android so it would not boot up the android subsystem but instead would give you bash or something ?

isnt android just a shit ton of java with the linux kernel?

Dalvik still has to sit on top of functional Linux. See

I think Dalvik was replaced by ART.

It has, its basically JIT that gets saved on the flash memory when you download something if the ART has the dalvik to native compiler for the specific cpu.
AND SOMEHOW ANDROID CONTINUES TO BE A POS LAG BOX.
personally i blame OOP, java and java programmers

You're a madman but thats really neat

"Linux" is just a kernel.
Desktop "Linux distributions" are actually GNU/Linux.
Android is not GNU/Linux.

Can not believe some ppl are retarded enought to not see it is "photoshoped" in.
There are obv marks and iconsistency in quality and background noise pointing that out.
You can also see errors from repeated recompression[saving]

Why the hell do you type like a retard?

To fit in with you.

Even if this was fake, which I doubt, they could use VNC to make it look completely authentic anyways. A fuck ton easier than photo-shopping it. What's so unbelievable? It's running LXDE for fuck sake.

There are lots of proprietary software for GNU userland. Everyone is okay with it.

Dank

But it can

Because Linux is just a kernel?

>implying i'd do that all just for 5 minutes of anonymous fame on a chinese octopus cooking board

Its not VNC, its this application
>play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=x.org.server&hl=en
From play store to serve as the xserver
Yes that image was from my other phone, where i installed lxde instead of xfce4 (because lightweight)
This video is fresh from my current phone

Are you kidding? Your computer has an x86 processor, and android primarily runs on ARM.

This doesn't matter very much in Linux environment.

It can
The opposite is only a problem due to non-free apps which are ARM only

kek now lets not be hasty here. There are lots of cool apps that I've never seen on a PC. For example I have one that lets me use my phone as a flashlight. It's not a bad flashlight either, and it's allowed me to find M&Ms and Cheetos (delicious Cheetos!) in cracks and corners, and folds that I'd otherwise have missed. Imagine using your PC as one. It's got a lot more lectricity in it (look at the fucking size of it!) and therefore should be able to produce a lot more light.

I have another one that counts how many steps I take in a day. Given, I don't leave the basement very often, and could easily keep count myself, but why? Doing shit like counting manually is obsolete, and for fucking cavemen and poor people. We're civilized people, and we'd look super civilized with a full tower PC strapped to our backs.

You can run console applications with a terminal emulator. Pic related issues htop on my Samsung Galaxy s7

Are you retarded?

Are you retarded?

The quality of this shitpost is impressive.

QFT