Wow

really makes you think

Other urls found in this thread:

training.linuxfoundation.org/why-our-linux-training/training-reviews/linux-foundation-training-prepares-the-international-space-station-for-linux-migration
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Department gets surplus, gotta use it on meanless shit or else they will get less money next time. They simply buy expensive laptops to ensure they get the same funding next time around. Office economics 101.

>NASA
that's what happens when you're a publicly funded organization and don't give a shit about spending money efficiently because it isn't your money.

>use something because a bunch of bald nerds who havent done anything since the 60s use them

Notice how they're actually using desktops to do all the important work in the bottom pic?
Yeah. You did.

Woah..

Nice bait.
So they use macs for there facebook machines because they get them for "free".
But where it counts they got the real deal

IBM is switching to Macs to save money. Pretty sure most people at Google use them too. Most designers at Microsoft also use them

>Department gets surplus, gotta use it on meanless shit or else they will get less money next time.

This... If thinkpad had a version that was unreasonably priced and that cost tons to fix and upgrade (maybe even impossible to upgrade) then they might have bought that instead.

Or else they get less of a budget next year

Of course, but they need something that works and that they can fix if something happens.

I think that the chum in the barge with the sturdy laptop is responsible for a large part of the software used by the nerds with the shiny computers.

Yeah but the main difference is stallman is totally straight.

>if i buy a mac i will be smart like nasa people

What really makes you think is that they only use them in the meeting rooms and for note taking in the control rooms.

In the mission rooms you see lots of Thinkpads and other laptops.
Of course, people are really selective about the pictures they choose though.

It's pretty obvious what happened here.

Some Apple rep called up NASA with a really good deal on Macbooks so they bought them and gave them to everyone but they ended up being useless for actual work so people just use them for meetings and as PDF readers instead.

Because that is literally all I have seen them used for on any NASA stream I have watched. They're always in a board room or sitting by a station with a PDF open.

well. at least the thinkpad has VGA output right??? Right???

Thinkpad is Chinese. Why would they buy Chinese spyware when they can get a better deal from an American firm?

Sup Forums memes are called memes for a reason
nobody actually uses arch, gentoo or chinkpads in real life.

Nice triple dubs, but Thinkpads used to be America, ya doofus.

But the mac use displayport, which can send VGA signals, so you just need a cheap as fuck passive converter.

Many of my colleagues still use thinkpads. I think you are either unemployed or in some liberal arts tier "profession" where using a facebook machine is fine.

And yes, people who work with technology use obscure OS and distros. People actually use Linux, Solaris, AIX, FreeBSD for work and for personal use.

So if everyone jumps of a bridge, you would too?

Only if the bridge is high enough, senpai.

Holy shit, not only is that a Macbook Pro, it's a *RETINA* Macbook Pro. I can't deal with this.

Point noted.

>watch 1M+ views youtube review of a cintiq 13hd by some abdelrajesh
>"a-although it's not a retina screen, it's a nice display"
ok rajesh

What OS do you think might be on the space thinkpads?

/thread

It's expensive to send shit to space, of course they use what works.
Also the software they use is old as fuck, they can't use newer shit.

the last image is the comfiest.

>bashing on The Great Philosophers machine of choice
gay

>In the mission rooms you see lots of Thinkpads and other laptops.
Those are all Dells on the picture.

so thats why the new uis are so terrible.

Why don't they buy some X1 yogas then?

>and other laptops
read dumbass

custom gnu/linux

100% its BSD

Nasa can't even successfully fake their "space" expeditions to iceland and egypt, so yes of course they use a mac

TempleOS

But there are not Thinkpads, just other laptops.

No wonder nasa hasn't made any progress since the 70s

THIS
/FUCKING_THREAD

>all a bunch of old farts who should have retired 15 years ago while recent engineering grads mop floors at walmart

As other Anons have said, these are probably used for checking email and other mundane office work and a terminal for ssh into a super computer where computing is done.

It's not that surprising since Apple puts a lot of emphasis in their user interface and tries to remove as many obstacles as possible to prioritize getting real work done. I've never owned a Mac though, so this may be purely marketing in which case Apple has done a good job. I hear the new Macs are pretty terrible though.

fuck you
macs = expensive,bad
thinkpads = cheap,good
if u think otherwise u are baka, go back to your beautiful non autistic real lifem, and let us cry over normies and animes together

did u know the price of a new chinkpad

yea this must be an apple conspirancy against thinkpads, mac cant be better than other laptop, i refuse reality

no wonder why they call Sup Forums a bunch of basement dwellers

>companies that develop for the 3 major OS's use the only laptop that can run all 3
OMG!

lmao

> arguing over product placement

Meanwhile at Space-X.

I don't even know what baka means bro...
I like to come here when I need tech support so don't tell me to go .
But yeah I mostly hang out on /fa/ and /fit/.
Btw I have a thinkpad, T450s if you want to know

If NASA workers can afford apple products that's fine. I have no real problems with macbooks other than their price and durability, if I could afford them that easily I wouldn't put it past myself to buy one

Companies don't develop shit, employees do. Unless they work in a specific department, they don't need access to more than 1 OS.

Also
>fortune 500
>developing on a laptop

Scientfic Linux/Debian. Debian seems to be the choice these days.

training.linuxfoundation.org/why-our-linux-training/training-reviews/linux-foundation-training-prepares-the-international-space-station-for-linux-migration

So when was the last time NASA sent a human beyond LEO ?

all the scientists i work with use macbooks. i use a macbook. all the heavy simulations are down in Linerrrux on server clusters naturally but thats because even a basic simulation takes a few weeks on the BlueGene

this is a really convoluted conspiracy

>come here when I need tech support
Ban this weak ass bait troll

>donglebook pro

Is this multiseat or something? I can't tell if that rectangular box is a computer or for communications of both.