Nasa uses thinkpads instead of Crackbooks

>Nasa uses thinkpads instead of Crackbooks
Really makes you think...

Other urls found in this thread:

flownet.com/gat/jpl-lisp.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Heavily underfunded program can not upgrade from 10 y/o HW, how unexpected.

those laptops look like dell latitude E6540s

pic related, look at the numpad and sticker placement

Yeah those are Dells.

NASA also used Amigas for a long time, your point?

I've owned Latitudes since the Cxxx (2001 laptops), my newest ones being the E6320 and E6420. Great laptops, however Thinkpads from that same year (T420, X220) are legendary.

Not sure what are the good Latitudes anymore, I know XPS is all the buzz right now, but I'm very happy with my Thinkpad T450s.

Fuck you I just wanted to justify my use of ancient HW because NASA uses it too. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I laugh at thinkpaddies

and what are you?

inb4 macfag cuz well, they're fags.

I use several laptops, none as old as a ThinkPad

literally googling "nasa thinkpads" would have yielded you irrefutable photographic proof of nasa using thinkpads on their space stations

as cool as it is to be using the same laptops astronauts are using, at the end of the day the laptop doesn't matter, it's really more about the advancement of science and humanity through astronomy

>inb4 macfag cuz well, they're fags.
>not using something because of what others think
cut off your dick too faggot, people think that men with dicks are faggots

you realize there are new thinkpads and they're actually pretty sweet laptops?

Yes, they use thinkpads, ancient old ones, because their old ass software requires it.

or because they last so long there's no point in upgrading

Yeah, I like the X1, not as much that I would use it daily, but obviously those faggots where talking about IBM ThinkPads.

>people think that men with dicks are faggots
Where do you think you are?

or the software works and there's no point in upgrading it

I also have a MacBook from 2006, pretty much has been in use for a decade, half of it running 24/7 always connected, can it be the new "lasts long" meme too?

Exactly.

Us that CDE on the giant screen (far right)?

Are they running old 32 bit computers?
I thought the 64bit fork was buggy and maintained by hipsters that are too underground to use Openbox

They probably need it to maintain/use old programs that aren't compatible with modern systems. Some spacecraft still in service are decades old iirc

Not that I give a shit, but NASA uses all kinds of computers.

>NASA

I'm actually finding this a great read about LISP at NASA right now

flownet.com/gat/jpl-lisp.html

I heard they had racks full of mac minis.

and/or its stupidly expensive to send shit to space and the time saved by a better laptop is not worth the cost.

Oh, now that you mention it I remember seeing an old Linux at an ESA video / picture when they touchdown on the comet.

It must be a hell to do serious maintenance with so "ancient" systems.
I deal with similar situations because I have to do research on an Ubuntu from 2010 and gcc-4.3 because the constructor hardcoded these versions on their API and I often end up breaking everything out of frustration because "fuck, let's see if it runs!"

People can't just "let's try" when their experimental device is in space.

> separate numberpad

Oh neat! I tried to get people in my lab (research robotics) to get hype on lisp (Euler lisp if I recall, I saw it on the internet for robotic arms) but people made fun of me and my "hipster language"

>women
>colored's

Nasa has gone to shit

Who cares what the person is as long as they're qualified for the position.

She is. You're not.
Stay jealous :^)

Because they're not qualified, they're handed the job to meet minority quotas, because they'll get sued for dollars.
I'm not saying they can't be competent, I'm saying they aren't.

Quotas = qualification

No

>qualified

Wait, what? There are special quotas for women in NASA?

But why?

There is no real reason, other than fear of someone noticing that the only people who fucking like rocket science and are qualified to shoot shit into space are men.

Because in PC America everything has to be diverse and you must include everyone otherwise you're a racist, sexist, homophoboc, transphobic, islamophobic bigot.

ThinkPads are windows macbooks. Accept it.
Both are "overpriced" and have a herd of retarded fanboys with no competence for logic argumentation whatsoever.

i call bullshit

>le vaporwave xD

They use iPad as clock up there in ISS.

>le dicksucking niggerfaggot xD

>>>/global/rules/2

>big laptop
>2016
i love my T450s.

Autism detected

Bullshit, I can confirm that there are no special quotas for women or colored in NASA. These retards are just trying to inflame people

Amigas are cool

Iss uses netbsd in their microgravity environment and satellites

thinkpads
>overpriced
wtf ru talkin bout

>tfw there is little to none information of the computers that kosmonauts use

One of their recent supply missions had laptops on it. It didn't state what models they were though.

This

I tried out a few of the newer thinkpad models after my old x220 croaked and they're bretty gud machines

I had an imac that lasted 8 years. too bad those halcyon days are passed, my iphone 5 only lasted 2. apple is a meme company now.