The Titan of power supplies

The Titan of power supplies

pcgamer.com/cooler-master-to-sell-a-limited-edition-1200w-power-supply-for-1000/?utm_content=buffer2ea8d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb

>Cooler Master is banking on there being an audience of system builders willing to fork over more than $1,000 for a special edition power supply, one that is manufactured in Japan and built exclusively with Murata components.

>Anyway, it packs copious power, an ARM-based digital signal processor, a next-generation 3D circuit design, Bluetooth support with the ability for users to toggle between the default +12V multi-rail or single-rail modes, and a 7-year warranty.

Is there any market for limited edition top of the line PSUs?

Well I just wanna start a discussion really

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aH50aXIz9gM
youtube.com/watch?v=tM0lhkKZ9og
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>run linux on your psu

Why did we not think of Gaming PSU sooner?

>having a botnet in your PSU

what is it with the PSU meming lately?

>you need atleast 3kw because PSU's degrade with 40% every year

Only meme that matters is efficiency. You get best efficiency at 50% load so anything over 400W should not exist.

>heatsinks are not pure low-crystalyne copper with golden plating smeared in virgin tears
it strictly goes to a disposal vent, I assume

that shit's for ppl who piss money.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat just based on its dev origin and one of a kind transformer.

youtube.com/watch?v=aH50aXIz9gM

That's audiophool-tier scam.

EM field from that shit would totally not damage every single piece of electronic in your room.

NIPPON STRONK

youtube.com/watch?v=tM0lhkKZ9og

She's so cute! I want one!~

>Bluetooth support
wtf lol

wtf is the point of this...
show your phone power usage/temperature?
phone fan control? seems like a ploy to add yet another backdoor into your pc.

still though, passively cooled psus are awesome. passive cooling on everything is glorious, only hear the hdd working, when the ssd isn't in use.

You're right.

It won't.

what's the scam?

That's not passively cooled though

Because I can get an 80+ Gold rated 850 watt psu from a reputable company for a small fraction of what that costs, and it will do it's job perfectly. And then I can take the $800 I saved and put it towards other components.

Paying $1000 for a psu is retarded for a consumer.

It's obviously for people who piss money i.e. not you or me.

Where is the scam?

>wtf is the point of this...
Monitor the PSU?

The scam is that even a 500W 80% efficiency PSU is enough for most setups.

That's in no way a scam.

80%~ actually

>revolutionary 3d circuit design!
>its a pcb connected at a 90 degree angle to another pcb

>it's got bluetooth and a smartphone companion app!
>every single "smart" power supply is regarded as overpriced junk and the only thing they offer are cheesy usage readouts

Wooooeeeee this is some class A level marketing bs.

From a hardware standpoint I kind of admire it though. Really nice components in a thoughful layout. It's like a bizzare pet project of some bored engineer that got taken way too seriously. I can't wait to see one in some richfag's /guts/ post with 2x titan xp and a 10 core kabby. You know he'll have bought it just to feel superior to the rest of Sup Forums in a fruitless attempt to fill the gaping void of emptiness he feels inside and validate his pathetic meaningless life.

but my psu is enough!

This SLAYS me. "JAPAN THO! MADE IN JAPAN THAT MEANS QUALITY YOU CONSUMERIST IDIOTS!"

80+ certification is taken at 50% of rated maximum load. There's actually been scrutiny over the validity of the optional standard as there's no account for drop-off taper.

But then people are like "well I mean it's a basically meaningless, optional award that says nothing about the quality of the power supply as a whole to begin with so who gives a fuck."

To which others inevitably reply "oh, yeah I guess you're right I should just buy a Seasonic and move on with my miserable life."

ONE THOUSAND TIMES FOLDED NIPPON STRONK PSU

Why would you buy anything but Seasonic or Superflower anyway?

I bought a corsair AX860 because I was told it was a seasonic rebrand and it was on sale for $100 when I went looking for a new PSU because I thought my 675w power supply was causing my system to crash when I added a second GPU.

Turned out it was because crossfire didn't support 144hz due to bandwidth limitations of the crossfire bridge.
And also that the AX860 wasn't actually a seasonic rebrand.

So basically if you're retarded like myself you don't just buy a seasonic to begin with and also not fall for the dual GPU meme.