I am done with this shitty player, exist's a better option?

I am done with this shitty player, exist's a better option?

Stop what you're doing and get mpc-hc. Shitty name but it's the best. It can do more things than the basics but I'll leave you some things as homework.

mpv

/thread

It's a trash meme player that tries to steal madvr's technology. It also does a shitty job at it.

"If I made my algorithms available to an open source project, I could just as well open source madVR itself. Which is not going to happen. The key reason why madVR is closed source is that I want users to use madVR, and not some other renderer. Open sourcing madVR means I would lose any quality or feature advantage that I might still have over other renderers, which means users wouldn't gain anything, anymore, by using madVR, which is the opposite of what I want."

mpv

It's trash that only lunuxtards deserve

> don't kid yourself into thinking that it has "mostly all madvr's features". It's quite far from that. Also the quality of some of the key algorithms that mpv does have doesn't match madVR's quality (yet?). I could give you a detailed list of all quality differences, but if I gave you such a list, I already know that you'd forward it to the mpv devs to use as a checklist for their future development, so I'm not going to do that.

Mpc-hcfor windows
Gnome Mplayer for Linux (or be a fag and use mpv, I'm just sayin)
If you're on a Mac kill yourself because it's your fault

This. Although it has problems with high resolution video sometimes.

Holy fucking shit that damage control is beyond anything I've ever seen on Sup Forums

If you are a linuxtard that pretends it's a "/thread" to respond with a trash player that tries badly to copy someone else's software, you deserve an answer, sorry retard.

lol ok here's what your posts actually are saying

>lol I can't code for shit better not make my software open source so others find out

>hurr durr madvr is better but I won't provide any proof or even the method I use to measure this

This is a good example of the developer controlling the users.
If his goal was quality software, he'd have no trouble open sourcing his work to promote development. Instead, he wants his dick sucked.

Give me a list or else you don't have one. I'm of course going to forward the list to mpv developers, and then we'll have a better player.

>example of the developer controlling the users.

That's commie logic. He honest and blunt about. "It's my job, it's great job, fuck off I'm not giving it for free".

That's not me. That's the author of madvr. So since I won't make his exceptional job myself, I better use a proper player than can use madvr, than a trash copycat.

no offense guys, but my grandma can play videos and songs on a computer

open the files and press play

for a board full of "tech savvy" people, it's just retarded the stupid shit you talk about

"omg firefox sucks" open firefox, browse the web

"is VLC good?" it's a media player. Open it. Play media.

how fucking stupid is this board, and i expect to see some screen shots of some corrupted file on some shitty install of some shitty distro without the right codecs at some point

or 'screen tearing' 'artifacts' 'audio sync issues'

which brings me back to my first point

my grandma knows how to watch videos and play songs with VLC. why the fuck do you idiots have so much trouble with software?

How much does he pay you to shill madvr on here? Go back to sucking his dick you fucking faggot

>why the fuck do you idiots have so much trouble with software?
>VLC
It's shit, Timmy.

We wuz finding better software cuz it's cooler and more advanced
mpv pretty handy to use and had muh 'customizable config'

lurk more faggot
I hope your grandma has a stroke

> I'm incapable to realize my shitty linuxtard meme player is just a copycat of madvr on windows so I'll just troll

stay mad kid

VLC is specially developed to stream video, it doesn't sample backwards when rendering.
Any slight error that would be corrected by any other player is going to show up with it.
Or something along those lines. I haven't touched VLC in ages.

You think all alternatives are clones?
Why do you feel so threatened to post like this?

>exist's

vlc

mpv is open source, madvr isnt. how do we know madshi isnt copying from mpv, even if its something minor?

madVR is older though

are you implying he's never updated it?

I have no way of knowing because it is closed source.

exactly

whoops, meant for