Previous Threads

NEWS:
Originative will be running SA Hyperfuse and SA Prenumbra
>Last day of GMK Honeywell
GMK >Terminal_ is running still, $159 for a ton of layouts covered
>The last round of Golbat is running, $100 for the whole kit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dN8YLvGM2YA
aliexpress.com/item/IKBC-PBT-104-Double-Color-Translucidus-Backlight-Match-colors-Keycaps-Key-Cap-For-Cherry-Keycool-Ducky/32622632357.html
aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Mini-USB-to-USB-Curled-Coil-USB-line-USB-cable-For-Mechanical-Keyboard-For/32720119984.html
aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Mini-USB-cable-Mechanical-Keyboard-GH60-USB-cable-mini-USB-port-for-poker-2/32757734047.html
ebay.com/itm/1-5M-5FT-Spiral-Coiled-USB2-0-AM-Mini-5Pin-Cable-Data-Sync-Charge-Transparent-/291735538365?hash=item43eccb0abd:g:hZ0AAOSwq19XDFAs
geizhals.de/?fs=cherry mx&in=
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2228
aliexpress.com/item/Color-dolch-mechanical-keyboard-keyboarded-personality-pbt6-g-7g-filco-cherry-3000-3494-keyboarded/32746758706.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hi

/mkg/orning

Why is it that the best keyboard ever made is a rubber dome

Jesus christ clean the cum off the Ctrl-Left arrow key gap
I dryheaved a little

Memmmber, If you are not using a Model M, you are not using a mechanical Keyboard

that amount of dust do

that keyboard looks fantastic

but for programing I dont know if its going to work out well without fast acces to numbers and simbols

>without fast acces to numbers and simbols
???

Thoughts on gateron blues vs cherry mx blues?

Who /GH60/? Not my pic but I'm expecting to receive the same keyset in blanks any day now

at least he didn't post the HHKB

Gateron blues are said to be smoother and clicker than Cherry MX blues. Not sure if it will be any help but I currently have MX blues and I'm expecting to receive some Gat blue switches either as early as next week or as late as the week after.

>GMK >Terminal_ is running still, $159 for a ton of layouts covered

Ugh, I want it, but I still have Godspeed coming, and I'm not sure if I'm going to prefer SA over Cherry. I already had to sell my DSA kit because of how much I hated the profile.

How'd I do?

I don't get RAMA's stuff. It's flashy and super expensive. Is the build quality really that nice?

I'll let you know when it arrives in half a year.

Me too. I have chocolate, Godspeed, and now terminal. You can always resell, these things hold their value

Carbon when?

When you Novatouch your HHKB.

My only regret with Carbon is not buying two sets.

that looks really cute on the hhkb actually

Kind of a similar question but just Gateron vs Cherry in general.
When watching typing tests of gaterons on youtube, they seem like they have more "clack" but in a bad way, compared to "thock" of MX switches. That's when comparing the same type of switch on same type of keycap plastic.
Can anyone confirm this? I feel like they give off a cheap sound to them.
I want to get blacks but not sure whether to go MX or Gateron.

Is that keyboard a deliberate joke? It's got so many huge, retarded problems.

>shift below ctrl

with your_post as trash:
trash_can.append(trash)

>>shift below ctrl
That's fucking patrician tier
Caps Lock is useless anyway.
I had a HHKB before but I sold it because muh rubber dome but when I built my custom cherry board I also programmed it in HHKB layout.
It's really great once you spend a whole 2 minutes getting used to it

>OP's picture
Autism truly has no limits

What brand other than ducky is good.. Or is ducky the best? I was looking at buying a One but they're sold out for the next couple of months.

That's because many of these YouTube sound test videos for Gaterons are done on cheap $40 chink boards. Watch every video you can find for a switch and you'll see how much the board itself and the keycaps can affect how a switch sounds like.

I'd say Ducky is the best till you get to the $200+ keyboard range,

One of the switches on my board is getting super squeaky

what do?

Damn.. Well below the one is there any board worth getting with blacklighting that isn't tkl

Get a new keyboard

pls user, I know Sup Forums is a bunch of rich kneesock-posters but I wanna fix it

Doubt it. Don't know.

Better just give up. Man I love giving up.

Replace the switch if you are able.

I guess somebody would tell you to oil it, but lubricating petroleum with petroleum really doesn't do anything, and using a dry film lubricant isn't a great idea around contacts.

would I be able to notice the difference between 1 new switch and the rest being 3 yrs old?

Leopold, Filco, Vortex

Replace the switch

Then do so. Buy new switches, take the thing apart, desolder the old switches and solder in the new ones.

There's only one way to find out.

Obviously caps is useless but why not just... shift the keys up?

Where can I buy white alp keycaps? Soaked my keycaps the other day and I can't find the '2'.

I shouldn't think so.

I did watch like mostly all the videos, good amount of gateron videos are custom boards with alu plate and case.

I also found this:
youtube.com/watch?v=dN8YLvGM2YA
I think that translucent top housing causes this, like it's made out of thinner or different plastic than the MX ones.

Did anyone here silence their 660cs with landing pads?

I'm expecting a delivery of new Cherry MX blues any day now. I'll keep y'all posted.

Why should I waste hundreds of dollars on a mechanical keyboard when I can get a decent quality logitech keyboard for much cheaper

Do whatever you want dude I'm not your real dad

>Budget
100€ max
>Location (continent at least)
Europe, Germany
>Preferred switch type
Read through the thing, and looks like brown gives a good balance for what i want:
gaming/programming
>Layout
need num pad and everything
>Form factor
dont care imo, can be bigger
>Backlight
no need
>Previous/current keyboards
logitech g11

>SA penumbra
>SA hyperfuse
>SA chronicler
>not a single ergodox kit between them

Protip: you can't nor do you need to
get a magicforce

>decent quality
>logitech
Ahaha, good joke user

Where can I get a cable like that?

Idk prolly ebay?
Search for coiled usb cable

should I get an rgb poker

what's the longevity of rgb diodes like that typically

I believe this is the exact one

aliexpress.com/item/IKBC-PBT-104-Double-Color-Translucidus-Backlight-Match-colors-Keycaps-Key-Cap-For-Cherry-Keycool-Ducky/32622632357.html

but there's also
aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Mini-USB-to-USB-Curled-Coil-USB-line-USB-cable-For-Mechanical-Keyboard-For/32720119984.html
aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Mini-USB-cable-Mechanical-Keyboard-GH60-USB-cable-mini-USB-port-for-poker-2/32757734047.html

Mine just came in today. Already sending it back. It tilts even on a flat surface. All the feet are fine too so the frame is off. Pretty disappointed.

ebay.com/itm/1-5M-5FT-Spiral-Coiled-USB2-0-AM-Mini-5Pin-Cable-Data-Sync-Charge-Transparent-/291735538365?hash=item43eccb0abd:g:hZ0AAOSwq19XDFAs

gotta sleep soon, pls respond

geizhals.de/?fs=cherry mx&in=
For 100 euros you don't have a lot of options
Just take your pick

Or for used keyboards within EU: deskthority forum

tfw I didn't fall for the mech keyboard meme
Feels like I dodged a bullet.
I ordered a Cherry MX tester and frankly those keys feel like shit, worse than a decent rubber dome.

If I win the lottery I might try a Topre, but I'm done with Cherrys and everything like it.

thanks for letting us know

I may be DTH but I'm not s ping pong

>Tfw sucbi key

Those testers are pure garbage and don't represent the actual typing feel of the actual keyboard

On the other hand getting a topre would be falling for the meme

You sound like a man who appreciates a real man's keyboard.

Try a Model M, or even a Model F if you can find one. See how you feel then.

Well I decided to pick one up for myself. Should hopefully be here by Monday. Will update you guys.

>bought Magicforce 82 on MD some time back
>realize too late that they have 1u Right Alt, Fn, and Ctrl keys and 1.75u Right Shift
>keycaps will be impossible to find for it
>everyone I ask says Magicforce is a shit brand

Did I fuck up hard, or is there any way I can make this a decent board?

I never buy a non standard layout board for the exact same reason.
Sell it and get something with standard layout if u care about keycaps

please respond

Most likely long enough that you shouldnt worry about it

"Impossible to find" lmao those are common as hell in groupbuys because p much every 65%, 75%, 96-key and 1800 layout board use them

what do you Sup Forumsuys think of this memeboard

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2228

I've been wanting something kawaii and try the mx clear switch. Also what do they mean by "Chinese: White"?

In chinkland mx clears are referred to as "white" while mx whites are referred to as "milk white".

I'm thinking of buying new keycaps for my board. Do I need to know more than my switch type and layout to make sure the caps are compatible?

oh ok thanks user

No. Not unless you have some non-standard spacebar that might not be compatible with your stabilizers or something.

What

It's so nice though

Is it just because it's from plebbit?

guess what motherfuckers

>inb4 neighbors murder me in my sleep

Thanks, bby~

I feel an intense need to shitpost profusely

Is this the true power of buckling springs?

It's that new keyboard feel sempai, treasure these moments

it's more than just a new keyboard.

It's a model m, and it's my model m.

It's in really fucking dire need of cleaning, but looking at it, I'm not even sure if I want to mod this thing into a TKL. Though I probably will anyway. It isn't quite unusable with this size, but I still feel like a TKL would be more geared towards my needs.
Not to mention that a wooden case would look dope as shit.

Where did you get and how much were your keycaps

bait spotted

>
What keyboard is this?

tada68

TADA68

Thanks guys, I've been looking for this again for ages. I forgot what it was called, my current keyboard is a literal POS £5.99 Advent monstrosity. The 'P' button doesn't work half the time then it'll type 2 at once, half the keys rattle and squeak. Legit aids.

What is 'Originative Co' like for shipping to the UK?

Also are there any other similar boards around?

I live in the middle of europe, and apart from the shipping costs (which is to be expected), shipping was just fine.

I can very much recommend the tada, best value I've ever had in a keyboard.
Though it's more expensive now that they use MOD switches instead of gateron, would be nice if they still offered those as an option

Not my pic but you can find the keycaps here
aliexpress.com/item/Color-dolch-mechanical-keyboard-keyboarded-personality-pbt6-g-7g-filco-cherry-3000-3494-keyboarded/32746758706.html

im on wasd keyboards right now, is the cherry mx clear with 0.4mm sound reducers good for programming? i want something silent and easy to type

CLICK CLACK MOTHERFUCKERS

Just so you know, WASD keycaps apparently wear much quicker than others

CLICK

FUCKING

CLACK

CLICK

Nice tada68. What do you think of it and how much did you get it for?

how do you like model m meme?

>shipping to the UK
expect to get cucked by customs fees

That's not your full tripcode, is it?

You shouldn't, it's a meme.

>hippy detected

Got it for a total of 120 (shipping included).
Best value I've ever come across in a keyboard, I can only recommend it.

I'm not yet sure how I feel about how fucking massive it is on my desk, but I can tell why people praise these keyboards so highly. It's a lot of fun to type on, and it feels rock solid.

it is.

you forgot to proclaim my love for cock and general faggotry, at least try a bit harder if you're going to impersonate me.

>$300+
>not an hhkb