Are phone cases a scam?

Are phone cases a scam?

In some cases.

In Nillkin we trust

Depends on the case

as protection, probably. but cases can do other things.

my case carries a few cards (although i just keep my grad student ID in it). i can run to the gym with my phone and headphones and tap in with the card's NFC thing, rather than take my wallet with me or have my ID floating around in my pockets. other cases have batteries and other random shit in them.

you might not find these things useful, but these are the plausible reasons someone might want a case. also, if your case is opaque, you can tape some emergency cash to the back of your phone in case you find yourself in a serious bind

post some and we can tell you case by case

Bought nickle-plated version of pic related for my decrepit iphone 5 that has no business not having a completely destroyed screen at this point.
I don't even have one of those stupid tempered glass screen protectors, it's just a cheap matte filter one from China.
The case prevents me from cutting my hands on the badly dented and jagged sides of the phone from years of abuse. Seriously I have no idea how the screen is completely fine aside from some random dead pixels here and there.
Case before this was a cheap thin plastic one.

drink bleach

You're the kind of guy who will get RFID chip ASAP

Stops small nicks and scratches if you have ham hands.

> on Sup Forums
> go to the gym

Not in my case, I've dropped my 6s+ like 3 dozen times and not a single scratch

i honestly don't know what you're saying. i understand all the words, but your sentence isn't parsing for me.

it's not that hard. get your shoes on and go for a run. lift some weights for a few minutes. you'll feel a lot better for the rest of the day. endorphins and all that.

I've used a Zerolemon one on my Nexus 5 for about three years now. The phone is intact, after some falls and trips to beach.

The only reason I got a case for my phone is because it was slippy as fuck

Try to fit this thing in your pocket

I have one of those otterbox things. i've dropped it on hard surfaces and the phone is still in great condition after a few years. even stepped on it a few times.

a lot of cases aren't designed to fit in pockets because half the population's clothing doesn't have pockets (or the pockets are usually way, way too small).

seriously, go look at a woman's shorts or pants sometime. they might have what appear to be pockets, but they'll only be sewn to look like that. or they'll go in about an inch and that's it. they're there for show.

so women carry their phones in their purses. and some men throw their phones in their backpacks/messenger bags/man purses.

it's not that nutty to see more cases assuming a use case not involving pockets.

you know what we need to get a better sense of the merits of cases?

a few rigorous case studies.

>spend years developing a millimeter phone and show it as fature everywhere
>someone buys the phone and use that shit

the whole idea of making phones smaller and more efficient is that we get more freedom to make them look and feel the way we want. you could levy the same criticism about cars except that we all like having a variety of cars.

no it's not, stop being retarded