>logical incriments removed the FX series

>the G4400 pentium has 106% single threaded speed vs i7-5960X

>the AMD's are 50% slower and barely cheaper

>they still list the RX's as some type of pitty nomination even tho GTX's are within the same tiers and their "real" prices are 1:1

where were you when AMD was finally irrelevant?

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu-world.com/benchmarks/desktop_CPUs_single.html
cpu-world.com/benchmarks/desktop_CPUs_multi.html
youtube.com/watch?v=s12S74umruY
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131706
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well to be fair buying a dead platform when it's about to be superceded in a matter of weeks is dumb regardless of manufacturer.

To be fair x86 [evolution] is dead. If it weren't for legacy compatibility it would have been thrown overboard years ago. It has long passed the tipping point for diminishing returns and if the latest greatest from Intel is any indicator, it's reached the point of /no/ returns.

You've finally reached the architectural limits-- and while you can argue Intel vs AMD until you're blue in the face, the fact remains that in the not so distant future x86 will be nothing more than a footnote in the dustbin of technological history.

To be fair

>Another new pentium
>Another "OMG $50 PENTIUM FASTER THAN I7 GOIYS!"

Someone mind dropping a screen cap of what happened 2 years ago when that last piece of shit came out?

the i3 skylakes which are listed as the baseline to play any AAA game at max are the same speed and only about 15% faster in multi threads

and this is stock, not after having to overclock it with some autistic liquid nitrogen cooler like that shitty pentium that couldnt even boot MGSV because it lacked various technology

Congratulations. 2 die shrinks later, various node improvements, result in ever so slightly higher performance. Who'd have guessed.

>every so slightly

no other generation did the Celerons and Pentiums perform at the same clock speed at individual tasks as the highest meme-K CPU

they were always severaly slower

even the Celeron 3900 is 80% as fast as the 5960X

but for just $10 more and a bit better multi tasking the 4400 is now the only logical CPU to use

the APU's under it are 50% slower and you only save like $5-10, plus the graphics of the 500 series blow away even the R7 AMD die graphics which those cheaper AMD APUs doesnt even have its one of the older HD 8000

even the haswell 4600 graphics are blown away by the 500 series so for normal PC builds it'll run and stream any content

the only part of a 4400 build that is hard to logically justify the money for is the fact the cheapest reputable PSU is the EVGA non-rated which is $30 dollars but 400 watts, the PC is barely 100 wattts

that pentium which everyone bragged about a few years go of being the "secret holy grail" was shit unless you overclocked it and dont even know if it had graphics on die or not

> same bs told every year in the last 10 years

wew lad

notice he said "blue in the face" and not red in the face

zing

>they still list the RX's as some type of pitty nomination even tho GTX's are within the same tiers and their "real" prices are 1:1
You're fucking retarded.

they had the fucking RX 480 listed long after the 1060 came out and tried to justify it by "THE MSRP!!!"

the RX 480 was NEVER close to that 199 mark again, it was 50 dollars more and the 1060 was just $10 higher and blew it away in every benchmark and its nvidia which means better graphic driver support

and now that the other 1000 series came out it made all the other RX's irrelevent

the only one thats barely relevent is the 460 with the claim that its still a "1080p60" card yet their own chart show its barely better than the PS4 and several tiers under the PS4 pro

and we know those consoles CANT play any game at a steady 60

Well yeah. We were expscting AMD's big comeback to be just around the corner the whole time so intel could finally let the cat out of the bag that they were dumping x86 and moving on.
No one expected it to take a decade.

>the RX 480 was NEVER close to that 199 mark again
That price was for the 4GB version, which was sold for 199 dollars for the reference card.

>its nvidia which means better graphic driver support
AMD has been killing it with there drivers in the last ~1.5 years.

You're just a nvidia drone.

So is it worth it to upgrade my FX-8350 to this? It's bottlenecking my 1060. Also does this have an iGPU? The 1060 requires proprietary drivers, OpenGL doesn't work well in Wine and this way I could make my dream come true of running Windows in a VM with PCI-E passthrough.

>182.3% single thread performance vs FX-8350

cpu-world.com/benchmarks/desktop_CPUs_single.html

Damn. But this is probably a dual-core right?

the only difference between pentiums and i3-s is hyperthreading

and i5's are just non HT 4 cores, the i7s add HT again

and yes its 2 cores yet in multithreaded process its 50% under the FX's 8 cores

cpu-world.com/benchmarks/desktop_CPUs_multi.html

What's wrong with x86? How would a new architecture be worth the hassle?

Dual core is obsolete since there are recent games that won't even start if you have below 4 cores. I guess this would be interesting if you only play older games any way. The ultimate retro gaming machine, optimal performance in anything up to and including Crysis (before games became shit).

>AMD has been killing it with there drivers in the last ~1.5 years.
*dx11 performance has slightly improved only on windows 10 and still lags significantly behind nvidia.

wait for ryzen

>Dual core is obsolete since there are recent games that won't even start if you have below 4 cores.
Like what? I never heard about this.

there was a few games like Far Cry 4 that eventually got patched

You're right in the wrong way, Intel is planning to create an "x86 2.0" that is backwards compatible but will interpret some lesser used instructions slower because it won't have dedicated logic for them. This should free up space on the die and make cores more compact, but clockspeeds are only going to marginally benefit in comparison supposedly. This might just be a rumor though.

What the fuck are you talking about?
470 and 480 still are the best cards for the price.

t. nvidia drone
youtube.com/watch?v=s12S74umruY

The interesting question is between the G4400 which can overclock and the Kaby Lake Pentium (forget the SKU) that has hyperthreading

So is this good enough for a low end gaming pc?
I'm going with the 750 ti

Yes, unless you're worried about future compatibility. Either way you shouldn't buy a CPU now, all prices will drop in February-March when Intel stops being the only CPU manufacturer out there.

And 10 years isn't much when looking at the timeline of human technological progress.

Whether it peaked in 2000 or 2020 is of little historical note.

>G4400
I bought this for $60. It's been working great so far.

Do you have third/fourth gen intel compatible mobo at hand? If yes then dont bother. Buy used i5 or even i7 if you can afford it. Those pentiums are usually shit deal because you need to buy brand new mobo along with CPU.
Only reason to bother is if you are starting from zero or if your old PC was AMD.

>Socket a year keeps the goyim in fear.

lmao

>reddit
>9gag
>pony
>is it gay
>tumblr

>assuming you cant unironically visit pony

>implying you can visit pony unironically

>he probably doesnt think blackjrxiii is the best content creator

Nobody releases a new socket every year, update your shitty memes.

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

you're right cause they literally tell you up front they're going to release 3 sets of CPUs

1 that fits the stock but literally has bugs and freezes when used
2 irons out some of the bugs
3 actually lowers the TPD and is a stable well defined chipset for that socket

last one was the refresh haswells

we're still waiting for the 1151 official releases

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131706
>RX 480
>$169.99

Then why did Microsoft and Sony opt to use x86 in their consoles that don't have legacy support to worry about?

If ryzen is competitively priced it'll be back on there.

they'd better be or intel will keep sitting on their ass

And yet my lowly fx 8320e still runs everything I throw at it...with no OVERCLOCK.

Feels good.

This. 4th iteration of 14nm process and probably the official release of 1151: Coffee Lake

>2 threads
Nice office machine.

Amd couldn't boot mgs due to lack of sse instructions

I have a g4400 myself and runs mgs5 like a champ

RX 480 is that price these days and more games than ever are having better fps on 480 than 1060.

The 1060 just have better day one drivers and so the benchmark reflect that. But the benchmarks released one week later always show amd on top unless its a goyworks gimp.

Took them long enough, should have removed it years ago

AMD is just complete shit, they should remove all AMD products from their page

>my lowly fx 8320e still runs everything I throw at it

Why are AMD fags so delusional?

He's 6/10 okay.

One year later my dude