For what purpose

for what purpose

To surpass metal gear

beamforming.

I upgraded from a dinky internal antenna router to a TP link with like 8 antennas, massive is signal improvement.

I used to get like 3.5MB/s in the bathroom, aka shit signal and now I'm getting damn near 150MB/s everywhere in the house, and 20MB/s outside in the garage 40 feet away through a steel door.

enjoy your brain cancer

it just works

To surpass? Metal gear?

for hobby-grade internet use

'cuz we Supreme Commander now nigga

ventilation

replication

Enjoy misunderstanding basic physics

>bathroom
>shit signal
I think I found your problem, user.

meme forming. seriously though. why spend the money on this honking piece of shit when you can just buy an enterprise grade access point instead? this thing is so gay just looking at it makes me feel like i've got a dick in my mouth.
>red and black
>hideous shapes for aesthetics
>annoying antennas
>IT'S BIGGER SO IT MUST BE POWERFUL
perfect logic.

Do you know how many times I look at my router again after installing it? Zero times.

Can you recommend one

>enterprise grade access point
any recommendations? I have a 200$ linksys router and it just fucking sucks and drops connections all the time

MAXIMUM BEAMFORMING

not to mention this weird boner Sup Forums has for blandness for the sake of appearing 'mature'

Based IBM had the best aesthetics of any hardware.
Also, hardware that looks bland usually has a focus on build quality over cost cutting. Ricer "gaymen" hardware usually has a lot of corners cut to lower the price.

This.

Nobody would buy an inferior product if it looked like everything else on the market. In order to sell cheap hardware, companies make them look pretty, so that people with no knowledge of the hardware would think they are buying "premium" stuff.

NETGEAR D7000

The only router you should ever need.

>TopTip
When buying a router, don't search for reviews, search for the router name followed by "signal drop", "drops wi-fi", "drops ethernet", "unreliable", "low signal".

Then you will find the swathes of people with common problems.

Edgerouter Lite Plus Ubiquiti AP.

Kane's router would be this one.

OK since I got your attention what I actually need to buy is a pcie wifi card for LAN parties

It's hard to tell what is right for this too, whether or not having antennae at the side is suitable or on a wire placed on top. I do have a preference for sticking out the back

>no antennas

it's SHIT

this was posted in another thread

>>no antennas
It actually has 6 antennas.

no baiting/trolling, what is 'beamforming'?

i'm looking to setup my own router, trying to run pfSendse on a 1u intel-based box. also need some very basic wireless for my macbook and iphone. do i need this sophisticated beamforming bullshit, or is it just a meme?

it came from router space!

>not watercooling your router
Enjoy your 3rd-world-tier internet speed.

Because slightly less offensive designs exist.

It's part of the 802.11ac spec. If your device has 2 or more antennas, it likely has beamforming. It's not something that is done by the drivers, it's performed by the chipset.
It works in a similar way to noise cancelling microphones, reducing signal noise by comparing the signals coming from different antennas and cancelling noise across the channels.
It also allows for the antennas to boost the signal using interference patterns, effectively creating a node line in the direction of the device it is communicating with to amplify the signal.

>not the linksys WRT line

this is cool

I really hate how Linksys dropped the stacked design of their old routers, but is keeping the pointless aesthetics. So fake.

Stealth Wireless

They still have an 8-port switch that can stack under the WRT routers.
I'll probably get one when I need to move away from using my old TP-Link router as a switch.

thats the same shitty linksys router which keeps dropping connections

>torrent videogame
>router crawls away

That's odd. My WRT1900ACS is performing just fine for about 15 concurrent devices.
Stock firmware too, I haven't had the chance to load OpenWRT onto it yet.

Why not let anything stack on top of the router?

top kek

Why would you ever put a metal filled device ON TOP of a wireless AP, literally in the middle of the beamforming antennas?

I'm not the same user that posted earlier and I don't have any advice for you sorry.

Because the signal spreads out?

For when you can't decide whether you want a router or a spider.