Vivaldi Browser is GOAT

>Developed by the original creators of Opera
>Completely customizable
>Supports Firefox/Chrome extensions
>AESTHETIC

Why didn't any of you fags tell me about the greatest browser ever made? I've been using Iridium this entire time

Other urls found in this thread:

vivaldi.com/source/?lang=en_US
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/image/f9_p9xuIINDyzM8vdqsRnQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>closed source

I'll start using open source when they're better than the alternative again.

tell me when it can fucking sync. second, tell me when it can download videos.

When it can sync? Like sync to your Google account? And it can download videos. Use an extension.

It's a piece of shit written in JavaScript. It's actually Chromium with some tweaks and hidden UI, displaying a js front end application.

What's the alternative then? Edge? I'd use Edge if the extension support didn't suck

you are an idiot and just as useless as this browser. gtfo this board.

wow kys edgelord, vivaldi is better than Chromebone, Choperasticks, and SJWFox

I use open source when it's not significantly worse. If it's not significant, then who cares? And supporting open source is an investment in the future, not an investment in one private company.

Iridium sucks if you use normie video services like Netflix and Amazon

Has no sync support

fucking dropped

>storing your web history+bookmarks in Jewgle's cloud services

xmarks, my man

>Completely customizable

your idea of completely is very different than mine

vivaldi.com/source/?lang=en_US

Fucking chromium browser with js front end, fucking meme browser

You can move all of the UI elements around, the source is out there so you can do your own shit, far more customization than any other browser and it has by far the best extension support out there

What's your problem with it?

you don't have any problem with js?

Totally Not A Shill Thread

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/image/f9_p9xuIINDyzM8vdqsRnQ

Because it is owned by chinks, written in js and still a google botnet.

What's wrong with JS?

love vivaldi

Just... Kys please, we don't need people like you

opera is the one owned by chinks

You'll have to wait for that

At leas opera have native front end and not that shitty electron.js framework

i know your meming but this isnt the source code for the broswer, just the open source components.

Because it's slower than ie6.

And yes, I use ie6 daily because we have to for work so I can accurately say that it's just as slow, if not slower than ie6.

Opera, chrome, firefox, and midori should be the only seriously considered options.

this thread is depressing, Sup Forums has never been a board full of technologically literate people but it wasn't this bad in the past.

vivaldi is a decent browser (and will probably rise to be a good browser if development keeps up at the pace it has been) but it's pretty obvious people largely use and discuss it because new browsers are novel, not because it's a particularly compelling piece of software.

Personally I have high hopes for Vivaldi because I loved Opera back in the day and there simply isn't any real alternative to Chrome right now, other than Firefucks, which is slow and memory hungry

kys shill
vivaldi has been around for some years now and Sup Forums always has said that is shit

>supports firefox extensions
since when?

>midori
call me when it's not a broken mess

ie don't call me

Slowest, buggiest browser I've ever used. Even IE6 was more stable than this shit.

Chrome can handle 200+ bookmarks in the bookmark bar fine, adding a new one takes less than a second, Vivaldi on the other hand? Just shits the bed and freezes for a good 10 seconds, why?

Not to mention the fucked up fullscreen video support, have fun waiting half a minute to a minute for videos to actually fill the screen. Oh, and did I mention the bugginess? Enjoy having your bookmarks somehow not saving, and tabs randomly crashing even on simple HTML pages.

I dunno how they could fuck up Chromium so badly, after all it's just a new front-end on top of Blink. Only reason I can think of is the developers being incompetent, and obviously they don't want their incompetence shown to the world as evidenced by them making it closed source.

There's much better alternatives to this shit, luckily closed-source is probably enough to keep most of Sup Forums away, don't fall for the Vivaldi meme like I did.

Can you explain why this is a bad thing without using a hypothetical or some fringe case that probably isn't related in the first place?

my impression is that most ex-Opera users are spread between Firefox and Chrome, trying to replicate old Opera with a combination of extensions.

it does look like Vivaldi is slowly approaching feature parity with old Opera, though I think the current Opera team is trying to do the same thing?

no doubt Firefox is slower than Chrome, all those small optimizations add up. they're fairly similar in terms of memory usage though, even with multiprocess Firefox. at least last time I checked.

>200+ bookmarks in the bookmarks bar

For what fucking purpose? Do you have 10 monitors?

At least try not to be such an obvious smaefag

How does Brave stack up if privacy is a concern?

I'm lazy and drag pages I want to visit later to the bookmark bar, and again I'm lazy so I never clean it out. Chrome always handled it fine, even Firefox was OK with it, but somehow the Vivaldi devs managed to fuck it all up.

At least try and put effort into your post

What do you think Chromium is to webkit?

Not an argument.

But it's easier and faster just to bookmark under bookmarks rather than dragging to the bookmarks bar. It's even faster to bring up the bookmark typing or putting a bookmark shortcut on the bar than trying to sort through 200 links on the bar.

Sup Forums is garbo.
I do miss the Opera Presto days. I have high hopes for Vivaldi. I use it on occasion and it pretty much 100% usable at this point. I can see going to it full time in the future.

I'm happy with Pale Moon

How do you say that? With the bookmark bar I can just drag the icon next to the address bar into the bar, webm related

Notice how it's added instantly here, whereas with Vivaldi it would freeze for a good 10 seconds

But yeah for bookmarking links you're probably right, but I usually bookmark tabs to come back to later, or to remind myself of some shit

literally the worst browser mentioned in this thread so far

>tfw there are no good browsers anymore
Everything is a compromise.

>trusting closed source random pahjeet code with your information on what may be one of your most used and sensitive applications.

does anyone know if it's possible to hide the 'Secure'-text? I don't need that. I already know what the symbol means

I was wondering about that too, maybe there's a flag for it in chrome://flags

As for bookmarking, all you need to do is hit the star and it'll bookmark to whatever folder you have it set to currently.

Have you tried pinning for links you need to remind yourself of?

Or even ctrl+d

As a Firefox user I honestly feel the same way about my own or any browser, open source or not it's all shit because browsers are so fucking huge now there's bound to be a gorillion mistakes and with open source anyone can just submit anything which includes pajeets.

Nobody wins this one.

Why would you torture yourself with that garbage?

Are we being raided by browser devs?

The Vivaldi shilling has gone too far. Vivaldi is fucking garbage. The only browser I would recommend is OPERA

Vivaldi is pure shit right now. It's nowhere near as good as presto opera was and the dev team seems to not know what priorities or even deadlines are. There is no way these guys developed opera.

You've never used presto opera.

it's one line of CSS in the Mozilla Firefox web browser

vivaldi is the only browser ive used in the past five years that has caused the OS to hang

It's not a broken mess anymore, I've been using it on my shitbox running solus and an Intel atom.

This shit is insecure as hell.

C'mon, darling, I would also like to hear an adequate argumentation from you regarding the problem with JS.

Opera was better, but Vivaldi is an alright alternative. Not quite as full-featured, though.