Nexus are dead

>Nexus are dead
>Cyanogenmod is dead
>Non-google phones are trash
>Pixel is hard to get and overpriced (considering that with the same ammount of cash you can get an iPhone)

Is it time to abandon Android for good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/k4aIIpCDsLU
youtu.be/w9nt9xMNniY
forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/development/lineageos-unofficial-nightly-t3528587
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I want to fug agarin's bagina.

Glorious Tizen will save us all.

No.

I've been saying either get an iPhone or nexus for a while now.

I just don't like apple's control of their app store. it's a joke

xiaomi senpai, if you can ignore the chinese spyware

dumb phone poster

Forgot about MIUI and it's Chinese sexiness.

I'm happy with my 1+2

>Akarin_98

Where is Akari 1 through 97

Consider the subtleness of the farm Brother; how its most dreaded creatures glide just behind the fence, unapparent for the most part, and treacherously hidden beneath the loveliest tints of green. Consider also the devilish brilliance and beauty of many of its most remorseless tribes, as the dainty embellished shape of many species of sheep. Consider, once more, the universal cruelty of the farm; all whose creatures are as slaves, the weak only fit to be carried off to the dark place where no brother ever returns

Consider all this Brother; and then turn to the brown, gentle, and most docile mud of our pen; consider them both, the farm and the mud; and do you not find a strange analogy to something in yourself? For as this appalling expanse of field and farm surrounds the joyous muck, so in the soul of a pig there lies one insular store of oats, full of peace and joy, but encompassed by all the horrors of the half-known life. Oathoard keep thee! Push not off from that isle, thou canst never return!

How could Google betray us and go 90% Apple? They're making it so the Pixel line is the only one worth having. No wonder Samsung is preparing to go their own way with Tizen.

It's been time to abandon android for a long time.
Problem is that there's no viable alternative.

I'm enjoying the Pixel pretty well. It's missing a couple features I'd like but they aren't deal breakers for me.

>wireless charging
>IR blaster
>removable battery
>expandable storage

It's not waterproof or anything so the last 2 seem like unfortunate misses but honestly the battery life is fine and will outlast the usefulness of the phone anyway, and the Goog wants us to use cloud storage (the main space hogs on phones - pics and vids they give you unlimited storage on Goog cloud on Pixel)

No.

Sent from my Samsung S7 Edge powered by Resurrection Remix 7.1.1

Google will abandon Android soon. What good did it even make? It gave the 3rd world pajeets and chinks ways to shit up the internet via 2G.

I think smartphone manufacturers should be making their own operating systems.

can you explain the wireless charging meme to me?
I don't get why it's such a big deal.
afaik the way it works is that you have to place the phone down on some kind of charging pad, but this seems more inconvenient than a regular charging cable.
For example, after a long day I might want to lie in bed and use my phone while it's charging, and if I've only got the pad I can't really use it.

I was just thinking the same exact thing. I wish Ubuntu's phone was a more viable option but it's just not, not at this point anyway.

>can you explain the wireless charging meme to me?
>I don't get why it's such a big deal.
I just never had it in a phone and it seems cool.
>For example, after a long day I might want to lie in bed and use my phone while it's charging, and if I've only got the pad I can't really use it.
AFAIK phones that charge wirelessly can also charge via cable usually. Charging isn't a huge dealbreaker anyway, you can get what 7 hours of charge in 15 minutes on the Pixel? My old phone had a removable battery so I just put an 8500 mAh battery in and charged it once a week

M O T O R O L A
O
T
O
R
O
L
A

Is it a bad thing if my eyes went to her legs first

No user, it is alright.

moto x pure user here.
It's a great phone ruined by the company. The latest security patch is from september and that was just pushed out in the last couple of weeks.
Not to mention that we still aren't on nougat and it's been quite a few months.
Motorola was great under google, but I think I'm done with them after this phone.
Everything that made them awesome (great design, pricing, specs, and timely updates) is gone.

for me it was the toast and jam

she's not real, user

delet this

Are you using the RR nightly?

Sent from my Moto X Style powered by Resurrection Remix 7.1.1

I did not even notice that until your post.

I'm still waiting for a smartphone that respects my privacy out of the box.

>Nexus are dead
>Cyanogenmod is dead
>Pixel is hard to get and overpriced (considering that with the same ammount of cash you can get an iPhone)
>Is it time to abandon Android for good?
Yes, time to Go to Windows Mobile user

Use BlackBerry 10. Privacy respected, you can use android apps, brilliant fucking browser.

>Is it time to abandon Android for good?
That's why Kyoko and the rest of the girls are using iPhones.

Pic related... Kyoko's iPhone.

Akari is soft. SOFT.

I still have a 2012 LG Optimus G with some old Lollipop ROM. It's totally fine and works great for me.

>t. iToddler

Got my OnePlus 3 back in September and am loving it. Physically the phone is great and only missing 2 features is really like (micro SD and or blaster). The software is great too. This is the first phone I've had and not fucked around with other Roms on. Not saying it can't because I am rocking TWRP and I could do it in a heartbeat, but rather I don't need to. Oxygen is very close to stock and the differences it has I appreciate. It's very quick and snappy.

10/10 would recommend

Sent from my OnePlus 3
Powered by OxygenOS 4.1

There's no need to ignore it, you can simply avoid it by flashing a custom ROM. That being said, choose a device that has a good custom ROM support.

You don't happen to have heard about AOSP, have you? Custom ROMs aren't dead, far from it.

That's retarded. Apps would have to be rewritten for every platform. Also I imagine Google make a killing off of the platform seeing how they can track their users for marketing.

Doubt it. Version 7.x already is released.

Is there a case for the g4 thats waterproof and supports wireless charging and a thicc battery? If it had those itd be the complete phone.

>Nexus are dead
>Cyanogenmod is dead
no one else remember the user from a year ago who claimed all of this was in the near future?
those fucking rich fags are shitting all over us and killing everything we enjoy...
why : (

>use dead os
i've been using palmos when it was dying, then i switched to winmo when it was dying, then i switched to bbos10 and it died. I'll never use dying OS again.

i have no idea how i managed to not buy webos-powered pre, but i'm proud of myself for that at least

>animuh girl picture
Opinion discarded

2017 is going to be even worse

That's Ayano's phone, though.

Today I learned that Cyanogenmod is the only custom ROM in the whole world

What will we do now?!?!?!

OH wait, install one of the other 10,000 custom roms/kernels. Because that's something you can do with Android and NOT iPhone.

So no, the answer is no.

>2017 is going to be even worse
i can tell
it already is.

But hey! At least we made meme magic real!

I mean, sure, he's definitely going to turn the country into an even bigger dumpster fire, and sure, he wants to censor the living fuck out of the internet, and sure he's already showing that people were right about him only being president to make himself and a lot of other people very rich, but hey, at least shillary didn't win!

We're fucked.

Sony still makes solid phones with a clean android, updates them quickly as long as the hardware is capable if it, and contributes to ASOP.

But they are not an option in America.

Akari akari

Daisuki

NOT LOL

>At least Shillary didn't win
Are you implying that Hillary should've won? I'm not even sure at this point. I think that World War 3 would've been worse than anything Trump could possibly do.
youtu.be/k4aIIpCDsLU
youtu.be/w9nt9xMNniY

No, I'm implying that one of the other candidates like Gary or Bernie should have won. I just think it's funny how many people voted for an absolutely guaranteed buttfucking just to spite "libbies".

Good job, now we all get fucked, but at least you get to be smug about it.

>voted for an absolutely guaranteed buttfucking just to spite "libbies".
"libbies" got cucked themselves, it's literally the only reason hilary lost ironically. if it was bernie he would've won.

but the DNC used their autofail hilary instead.
everyone hilary never wins presidency.

>tfw still happy with my Z1
>locked bootloader
I just gave up, embraced it and deleted most of the shit wth root apps

>Rooted, bone-stock 5.0 with nothing removed except Samsung bloat.

Feels comfy as fuck bro. The only thing I miss from CM is Permission Management.

Android is a much better OS than iOS and Winshit. So no.

well you can always use xPrivacy for that

Does that require Xposed? Because last time I tried to get Xposed to work it kept crashing my shit.

yes it's an xposed module

why does everyone thing cyanogen is dead? its just t a name change

An invisible white mage would be really useful

I think that Bernie should've won too, but a reasonable person becoming president makes too much sense and therefore it didn't happen. Not to mention that he got cheated. Your country had to choose between 2 evils and it chose the lesser one, luckily. And I don't get to be smug about anything, because I don't live in the US. And my country has had such a horrible history with the US and I'm glad that any candidate who's not Hillary won.

don't bully

It's not. Paid developers and infrastructure are gone.

>Buy a snapdragon device
>Learn to work on device tree's
>Compile your own ROMs
>???
>Profit

>buy a sony
>can check on which data they save off my device by checking the weekly data dump by cyberthugs

Pixel is 800 jewros, thats iPhone level of autism.
If you need a budget phone, Xiaomi is now the best.

>tfw applied for unlock permission few months ago and approved but never used it since i liked miui for start but would like to change now and now it says my application has been rejected

fml, now i have to wait forever again so they would approve me again

xiaomi is great but fuck this bootloader lock thing from them, vendors bypass that shit with EDL or something anyway and flash their shitty roms

>Buy a snapdragon device
>Have custom ROM support
The end.

>phone without front and back camera
>without GPS, gyroscope, infrared, blutooth, WiFi, NFC
Nokia 3310

Animal farm? Didn't know the dude wrote like that.

>That's Ayano's phone, though.
this one is Kyoko's.

Fair enough.

>you'll never be a little girl playing with phones with other little girls

I know.... why even live?

>>Nexus are dead
Get a Oneplus
>>Cyanogenmod is dead
Use LineageOS
>>Non-google phones are trash
Oneplus is great
>>Pixel is hard to get and overpriced (considering that with the same ammount of cash you can get an iPhone)
Oneplus is great

I have a 1+1, recommend me a custom ROM I should use if I care about security (on a smartphone kek) and most recent updates.

I mostly switch between the most famous ones
>Lineage OS
>Ressurection Remix
>Paranoid Android

how is RR?
im currently on helios and cant make up my mind whether i should switch or not

Is lineage alive? I can't seem to find anything relevant on their "site".

There are some unofficial nighlies on XDA.
forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/development/lineageos-unofficial-nightly-t3528587

Wait a few weeks/months until we get a decent website with official builds

It's not animal farm. It's a meme making its rounds.

>calling keksanda s4s-tan

You forgot physical keyboards are dead...No reason to care anymore

I love her little legs!

Nokia is getting back into the game, with android this time.

crDroid is also GOAT if your phone has builds of it, try it anons.

Actually pretty excited about this. I really liked the build quality of all my Nokia Windows Mobile phones.

A week ago I sold my old, faithful Nexus 4 and bought an iPhone SE. The SE's comfy as hell and it just werks, but I still miss my Nexus. I hope that in 2019 I'll be able to buy a cheap phone under 5" with flagship specs.

I have a rooted nexus 6 and it has basically the same functionality as a pixel. The one thing I can't get is OK Google from lock screen. But that's fine, I have a Google home anyways.

I'm happy with my mi 4c running ResurrectionRemix.

Just get a Oneplus.

Otherwise enjoy being raped in the wallet by Apple, I guess