Sup Forumss opinions of the core 2 quads?

Sup Forumss opinions of the core 2 quads?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_dp1r4aKfeg
youtube.com/watch?v=uNs8MZGs1_w&list=PLE9Hoc7J8icDKtT42sgNM42aG3PGlBLvt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ancient garbage
if you're still using one it's probably because you're too poor to upgrade

Why is it garbage?

because it's old?

On what?

They are probably fine for everyday use, paired with an ssd and a modern gpu (not necessarily gaming - just so it can accelerate youtube), but it will struggle for modern games.

Not at all.

so you made this thread just for Sup Forums to validate your opinions on your ancient meme processor? how pathetic
maybe when you use a real cpu you'll know what you're missing

take your pills sperg

/thread

get a job, maybe then you'll be able to afford something from this decade

Why are you trying to attack me?

your thread is a pathetic waste of board space
you only made this to have Sup Forums circlejerk you about still using old outdated hardware because "it still works!" even though new stuff is objectively much better

user calm down

core 2 quads are still somewhat relevant for simple computing. if you want to do some gaming and work you'll need a up to date one.. specially for the heavy workloads.

Sup Forumsamers here will most likely get triggered by you like this guy and

Still perfectly good CPUs provided that you have them running on P43/P45 chipsets that gave them superb overclocking abilities and support for 16GB DDR3 RAM.

Would still give you playable framerates on most modern games when paired with a decent GPU.

Sata 3, USB 3.0/3.1 can all be expanded via PCI-Express.

I still get people bringing in Core2Duo computers to get little upgrades like SSDs and GPUs to breath more life into them, easily a decade old.

These CPUs easily outlast the motherboards they were put in.

shit

Any modern budget i3 destroys it.

Stay away from it.

what is this page?

userbenchmark

p much this, my Q6600 outlasted my GA-EP43-UD3L

the computer i had it in was used for very light gaming, web browsing, and watching shit.

however, be advised, OCing on a socket that old is nothing like today. especially considering that the IMC was separate from the CPU, and the fact that the ram you used played a huge part in a successful OC. heat is also a bitch.

alternatively, using a P43/P45 board over the 750i boards allowed to mod the socket itself for a 771 Xeon to be placed into it. same performance of the Extreme chips, for much less money.

>hyper thredan

opinion discarded

>my old processor can't do it so it's bad
lol

>ITT user asks a legitimate question of a technology board and gets massive hate.
The paranoia on this board is out of control. You lot need to take your medication.

dumb brit poster

Sup Forumsamer kid.

off to you go.

>american
lol

For less demanding users it should be fine. My brother has Q9400@3 GHz paired with HD7870 and 4GB of DDR2 RAM and it's sufficient for his needs.

>she isn't from the greatest country on the planet
lol

should I buy a p8400 thinkpad with 4gb ram and 32 ssd for 100$ or save until I can get a i3 5005u lappy?

Get a better thinkpad user. Don't get either. You will not regret

just get an x220

Hello, I saw a documentary "The name of our Legion: The Story of hacktivism" and learned about the existence of Sup Forums I've seen what they do Anonymous and it's very cool. Anonymous may be calculated on segodneshny day?

x220 or t420

>also x230 is a good option aswell

just stick a SSD in there and enjoy computing.

I still have a bunch of 775 CPUs just laying around in the shop pulled from computers with broken motherboards where the user opted to build a new one and didn't want their CPUs back.

It's not worth the cost of obtaining motherboards for them, but when I occasionally do, I build some charity builds for kudos and karma for the people that are still unfortunate enough to not have their own PC in this day and age.

Or give them away to people with boards that support the C2D but still running old P4s and PDs

Currently still have,
E2160
E2210
E2220
E3300
E5200 *2
E5300
E6300 (Wolfdale) *2
E7400
E8300
Q8200
Q8300

Any of these CPUs will play 1080P H264 videos via CPU decoding, though it's better to pair them with any GPU like the 9XXX series Nvidia and above and offload it to the GPU.

60+FPS are still obtainable on titles like BF1 with a decent GPU on the C2Qs.

t520?

I run a real basic old server on one. Wouldn't use it for much more than that though

if you can find a cheap one.

x230 is cool, but i will say that the x220 keyboard is boss as fuck.

i bought my x220 for $130, threw in an extra 4gb ram, 32gb mpcie SSD, a 120gb SSD, and use it as a portable work station. even ordered a new 9-cell battery for the little fucker.

collectively i spent around $250 for everything. my only bout is the HD 3000 gpu shit, wish i could install something just a little stronger so that i could play PS2 games off of an emulator on the go. but fuck it.

still rocking [email protected] GHz
Dark Souls 3 runs fine

i'd have to agree 100%. finding a decent board for that socket is ridiculous. i remember seeing someone trying to bulk sell asrock G35 boards for like $90.00 a pop. just wasn't worth it. however, if you can snag one at a decent price, it's chill.

i have some shitty intel board sitting in my closet that still needs to be flashed to support C2Q chips. might turn it into a server or some shit, still undecided.

you are a kind soul user :)

>60 fps on a C2Q
yeah, on ln2 with a massive overclock that isn't meant for 24/7 use. these are ancient shit cpus my man.

>>>/reddit/

кaк зaкpыть cвoй ip Oт фeдepaлoв и пpoчиe или cдeлaть ip тeлeпopтaцию пo вceмy миpy

x230 has a great keyboard aswell, it might not look as good as x220's but the feel is great, and a generation higher processor...

i have seen x230's cheaper than x220's...
and thats the reason why i own a x230.

funny how all of you jokers claim you can't do XYZ with a C2Q when there's people out there running Pentium D's and P4's getting along just fine.

(pic related, my Pentium D 950 w/Quadro dual boot Win7/CentOS 7 machine)

how close your ip from the feds and the other or make ip teleportation point on the world

I have a core 2 quad and its far outdated nowadays. Only using it because I don't have money to upgrade. Gf has an i3 and it crushes my core 2.

just buy a banana pi or a raspberry pi and make a VPN/TOR router out of it

I'm using a single core celeron from 2007 (passmark 500) and with an SSD I feel no difference between this and new entry level laptops
intel is the best desu

post a link to how you can hide your real ip I honor, preferably different ways. Russian I talk to you through an interpreter, I hope you understand me.

youtube.com/watch?v=_dp1r4aKfeg

Idk, it runs really well in my machine

Although I still use WinXP so that may be why

>csh
R u retarded

>R u retarded
why, looking for a match?
i like this shell

are they superior to the 420s?

You only need air to hit 3.5+ghz people were hitting up to 4ghz on air.

Q9300 @ 3.5ghz and GTX 970 does 30~60+fps @ 1080P @ HIGH preset with TAA

FPS can easily maintain better with AA off or bumping down a notch.

youtube.com/watch?v=uNs8MZGs1_w&list=PLE9Hoc7J8icDKtT42sgNM42aG3PGlBLvt

3.5+ghz is pretty obtainable on air for the core 2 quads with some hitting 4ghz.

Lots of people play BF1 with 2 core G series Pentiums and cards like the 750Ti...

>Poor people exist
ewy

Oh there are people much worse off out there lol, still occasionally get P4 tier PCs to repair.

By Sup Forums standards I'm a poorfag with a Xeon E3-1231-V3 because I couldn't afford an i7

its okay brah.. you only using it for shitposting on Sup Forums anyway..

>brah
kys

it is safer to pee or banana Raspberry Pi, and which model is better

Then look up why it's fucking terrible

banana PI VS Raspberry Pi and which model is better and safer

Core2 CPUs are still surprisingly decent for regular tasks.
But I recommend a high end C2D over a C2Q for most people. Single threaded performance is still more important in most cases.

I wouldn't bother. If anything get one of the newer 45nm quads.

you're the one to decide. Take a look on the specs.

Struggle only in some strategy games. I have both a 4790k and a Xeon x5470 rig. Played same games on both flawlessly.
X5470 is clocked to 4.2ghz.

Holds up incredibly well for 10 year old processors. Can you imagine using a Pentuim Pro in 2006 with contemporary software?

It says more about how little consumer x86 CPUs have progressed in the last 10 years, as opposed to how good Core 2 was.

can confirm I still enjoy modern games mostly on 30+ fps with my x5470

How can you even game on something like that?

Q6600 overclocks well, relative cheap compared to other quads