Bloomberg Terminal

/biz/ interests, Sup Forums hardware.
Is the Bloomberg Terminal's hardware pure art even though it's technically function over form unlike when Applel tries to make their hardware "art"?

Other urls found in this thread:

data.bloomberglp.com/professional/sites/4/2015/02/New_Hardware_Brochure.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloomberg_Terminal
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Life imitates art and art serves no purpose but itself, art for arts sake.

This may contradict the esthetic function of a terminal being engaged within an external flux which isn't determinable single handedly as an art form originated from the terminal, although it serves as a hallmark point of reference within the trade.

Calling the hardware art without function would therefore imply a static and standalone solution which the bb terminal isn't in its purpose, therefore you could say the bb terminal is a manifestation of the pinnacle of branded activity under a monolithic aegis, yet its design serves its active function which cannot be removed to be considered as art unless the terminal is held liable to its activity while being staic within a concept as a representation of its function. The fact remains that hardware in itself needs to be functional and the industries of bb and apple are completely different but if you look at the hardware esthetic in itself, the bb terminal begs to be connected and active where the apple product can very well be useless and have some esthetic.

>where the apple product can very well be useless
>implying it isn't

>Life imitates art and art serves no purpose but itself, art for arts sake.

Except that's wrong. Pretty much all of the world's most revered art was made before l'art pour l'art movement. "art for art's sake" has only given us shit like Dadaism.

Wich monitor is that?

Looks like two Bloomberg monitors

ha-ha.

Which monitor is that? The model number? What panel does it use?

data.bloomberglp.com/professional/sites/4/2015/02/New_Hardware_Brochure.pdf
1080p TN at 23" Page 11
I assume that these are just rebranded from some other manufacturer but they arent available to just anyone because fuck you.

TFT not TN

>16:9 screens
Nice joke.

>250cd/m2
Is this some kind of scam? Not that it'd be surprising given the name.

I don't think bloomberg charges $50k/yr for the hardware bruh

I don't think you understand what these acronyms mean.

The PDF literally says TFT.

I don't think you understand what that acronym means.

And I don't think you understand what an acronym is but that's another conversation for another time. Point is that he typed TN and corrected it to TFT because that's what the material he was quoting says.

>An acronym is a word or name formed as an abbreviation from the initial components in a phrase or a word, usually individual letters (as in NATO or laser) and sometimes syllables (as in Benelux).
TFT is an acronym. TN is an acronym. They are also abbreviations, as these are synonyms.

Now, TFT is not a specific type of panel. A TFT display can absolutely be a TN display. It could also be IPS, PVA, or whatever else. Specifiying it as TFT implies that the panel is nothing worth noting, aka TN.

Neither are acronyms. Regardless that's as irrelevant as is your little lesson on LCD panels.

They very much are acronyms.
TFT = Thin Film Transistor
TN = Twisted Nematic
Acronyms.

Yes, those letters do stand for words. No, that does not make the collection of initial letters an acronym.

>Experience the latest in high-resolution display:
>DUAL 23” FLAT PANEL
>1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz (optimal)
>250 cd/m2 ( Typ. )
>TFT
So, most likely TN too
H A H A H A H A
A
H
A
H
A

Well, at least it's got anti glare coating I guess.

Staggering damage control going on here

There'd have to be damage done before I could even attempt to control it.

Except for the fact that that is literally what an acronym is. That is exactly what makes an acronym. They're acronyms whether you like it or not.

>does not make the collection of initial letters an acronym
Nigga what the fuck do you think an acronym is?

a word
TN is not a word

They literally aren't acronyms. Acronyms are pronounced as words, such as "NASA" and "laser." "TFT" and "TN" are both initialisms.

Please elaborate.

judaism : reinvented

one more thing(tm)

You planning on using it outside on the park bench or something user?

It's a $50 dual monitor mount with two cheap screens and a playskool keyboard. That's not art, unless all dumb terminals are art.

Keep reading.

The keyboard is sold separately.

tm

what software is that

It's the bloomberg terminal. A huge piece of software aggregating finance and other data together

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloomberg_Terminal

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloomberg_Terminal
thx
looks cool man
can i get rich from looking at it all day?

yes but it costs as much as a new car.

What sort of crazy expensive cars are you getting?

>bloomberg terminal
it's not on tpb.

Little baby doesn't know what a terminal is. Fuck off.

shit
no foss option?

there has to be at least an API to get the info to draw funny graphs in real time and LARP wolfstreet wolf from my mom's house

An initial is just a subcategory of acronyms. Stop being such a pedantic faggot.

Now this is damage control

There aren't Foss alternatives for the bloomberg terminal itself, but there's some online resources which do similar

Give it a Google. Generally good quality online alternatives will expect some $$$ but only like 20/month instead of 2000/month

>implying it's not just a client program running on windows with shitty overpriced retard apple-like hardware

It's a dummy terminal that connects to a UNIX mainframe, dipshit.

wow, it's a client program

are you autistic?

I study art and you sound more entitled to talk than most of my teachers

Imagine being those two autists pumping themselves off over acronyms back and forth.

I fucking love art with all my heart and soul.

>art progressed in movements throughout history in schools of thought as philosophy