Trying to convince my friend to NOT buy Razer products

trying to convince my friend to NOT buy Razer products

it's his first PC build ever me and my other friend are helping him out but hes so deadset on buying razer stuff and i really dont want him to waste his money

how can i convince him Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-J14fyar5ns
ibuypower.com/IBPStore/Accessories/iBUYPOWER-Gaming-mouse-Black
gadgtspot.com/2014/05/16/review-steelseries-sensei-wireless-laser-mouse/
logicalincrements.com/mouse
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is this a joke?

Logitech is memetier. They have not bothered to change their G series design in years. Its the most awkward mouse I ever used, and I wore out 3 of them in the early 2000's

Steel Series is shit

Corsair ones are okay

Mionix is shit. fucking featherweight mouse, feels cheap, went through two of them in 1 year. shit

more logitech bullshit. coolermaster is shit

razer actually makes a decent mouse, I would compare it with the orignal INtelliMouse whichb is GOD tier.

and finally the RAT. best feeling mouse there is. NO ONE ELSE has bothered to make a pinky rest

You are now aware that your pinky drags on the table.

too bad their sensor is shit

there's nothing wrong with razer
I have a mechanical razer keyboard and it's pretty good

it's just expensive and that's it

and it has a stupid glowly logo

RAT is fucking stupid unless you have golem hands
also the design is literally worst there is

I dunno, just tell him they are overpriced and not necessarily quality products.

I don't think some of their mice are that terrible honestly. But there are better alternatives and anything else is an absolute no (keyboards, headphones, etc..)

>also the design is literally worst there is
Its the most customiziable. comes with many different pads, small hands, or big, can be adjusted.

I've currently been using a Logitech G602 for just over 3 years now. In the 3-4 years before that I went through two Razer Deathadder mice (both started having problems with the left mouse button). Also had the enter key on a Razer keyboard break. Overall they're shit unless you absolutely need glowing lights on everything.

youtube.com/watch?v=-J14fyar5ns

let him watch this based aussie.

Same problem here, deathadder left button wears out.

Guys I have a G500 as shown in pic and want to replace it. Recently when doing quick flick shots etc the mouse freezes for a second and I cant use it! I have it on a shit cloth pad, so thoughts? Also the middle mouse wheel button doesn't work any more?!

get a g502. accurate, reliable sensor, plenty of buttons, wired

Is there a mouse out there with a left mouse button that will won't left click after like half an year?

I had a G9x that lasted me almost 5 years before the left mouse button and the middle wheel failed, but the G100s I got started double clicking and not holding during a drag file operation in under 3 months, got a replacement, same thing happened again so I sold it.

Went and got a G303 and it's a fantastic mouse and has a flawless sensor but it's starting to not hold the click when dragging a file after an year and a half.

It's like the switches are advertised for millions of clicks but the buttons that connect to the switches fail much earlier.

>laser mouse
>god tier

>zowie anything
>stupid tier

what is this chart

did you calibrate your mousemat in logitech software? that caused problems for me

tfw its impossible to find a new g400 at a fair price these days

Good idea but the version of Setpoint I use is very old and doesn't even have that consideration in it.

But... I like having three buttons above my thumb, its quite a heavy mouse, and has a sniper button that I feel like I would hit by accident. Other than that it looks like a great mouse. At the moment I could get a refurb G500 for 55 dollar or 46 great pounds.

>razer is good
Yeah, enjoy using the mouse for 6 months then fucking failing, either the mouse wheel will misstep or the left / right button will start ghosting.

>ratz
haha look at this retard fellas

>Zowie
>Stupid Tier
guaranteed (op)s

Doesn't have death adder in the list

Are you fucking kidding me? The G403 is called the best mouse right now for a reason. comfy and ergonomic design, godlike sensor and actual build quality. Even the wireless model is great.

Mionix is godlike, lightweight mouse allows easier change of direction, and more natural movement

Old

when they put the Zowie mouse at the bottom, driver-less, palm, good sensor. The deathadder wants you to login to razer fucking synapse. Nice meme chart OP

Logitech is godtier faggot

G403 is the best mouse ATM
G900 is the best wireless mouse I have ever owned
The g pro is widely used by cs and fps pros

PWM3360
UNCONTESTED WIRELESS PERFORMANCE
SUISSE DESIGN
LOGITECH LEGENDARY WARRANTY AND BUILD QUALITY (my g600 has gone though and out of hell for 3 years now, this shits a tank)

SteelSeries are the actual meme company, shit rubber, shit shaping, OLED displays on mice?

Razer were only good if you got the DeathAdder, nothing else they made was good and had shitty build quality

Rat mice shouldn't even be mentioned if you actually know a thing or two about good mice, more proof of this is no mentions of zowie

Good tier here
Logitech MX 1100

fuck off
sidewinder x5 is god tier

>If they can't even secure their Valerie prototypes, how can you expect them to build quality stuff?

mfw had the same intellimouse 1.1a since about 2006 that i stole from school

replaced the pads twice and its still fucking gold albeit being worn and im skeptical to upgrade/replace

Show him a picture of a riced out honda civic, with a big spoiler, body kit, custom paint, the works.

Then show him an actual race car thats fast and looks good. And ask him which would he rather own.

G700 owner here. This shit has been working for 4 years already without a single problem.

G500 owner here, it's a piece of shit.
They have infamously terrible sensors, even though they're godly ergonomic.

Logitech is Meme sjw feminism Tier.
Razer is the only way for a man with pride
#suckmyd

Why isn't the Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical in god tier?

I use the same mouse since 2005 for everything.

The g502 should really replace the g500 in this chart here
>laser mouse
>god tier

I have a roccat kone pure
using it for probably 5 years
it werks but the driver software is extremely weird

Browsing this thread gave me aids

The Logitech M570 is godtier. (((Gaming)))fags won't understand.

Tell him their heavy driver software embeds malware saved in the mice memory for offline use, besides that their driver/software is pure telemetry.

true story, virus total checked it out at the time

PWM3366 sensor is the best out on the market.

0 flaw

Why are you wasting energy on peripherals? Even if Razer is overpriced, your friend would only be like less than $50 in the hole if he went full Razer. Who fucking cares. Just tell him it's overpriced and recommend he look at a couple alternatives. It's not like the end of the world if he buys Razer anyways. It's the internals that will really fuck up your friends wallet if he's not careful.

Somebody should update that picture.

God Tier atm:

Logitech G303
Logitech G403
Logitech G502
Logitech G900
Logitech Pro

Mionix, Razer and Steelseries never again...

razer products are fine though

Zowie mouse are fucking god tier.

Upgrade my G502 to G900 recently due to the right click starting to not feel good

G900 is not a very comfortable mouse

What about this one?

if you're not using an MX master you're broke and browsing Sup Forums unironically

razer death adder is literally the best mouse though .. as long as he doesn't get the nigger green leds its fine

>tfw intellimouse broke and me trying to fix it just made it worse
Now I just use a g502 that I got for free at store

I felt the opposite

G502 was heavy and too short

G900 isn't as comfy as the g403, but still miles better than the g502

He's autistic.

This, I have a fk11 and it is hands down the best mouse I've ever used.

I only play fps games though, so if you like MOBAs or RTS games it's probably not the right mouse

I now have a Razer dead adder but I had a G500 which i have to a friend who uses it now.

Thing is six years old and still going strong with him.

What are some good 12 button mice? I have a 2012 Razer Naga and it's finally shitting itself. I know of the Roccat Nyth but that shit is expensive. I remember an user telling me about a good ~$40 mouse but I can't remember the name of it.

My thumb usually rests a bit behind the sniper button, you probably won't press it accidentally. Everything can be rebound so you can have 3 thumb buttons, it also has sidescrolling. You also get used to the weight but your choice. try to test one out if you can

I've got the Corsair M65 Pro.

Construction quality is good, and aesthetically I think it's better than most of the mice out there. I only have two complaints about it.

One is the geometry of the top of the mouse. The "hump" isn't far enough back to fit comfortably in the highest part of my palm if my hand is positioned where in needs to be on the mouse for my thumb and fingers to all be in position on their respective buttons. As a result I end up with more of a claw grip than I would like. This is a purely subjective ergonomic thing though, everyones hands are different.

The other is that the mouse doesn't appear to store the RGB lighting settings onboard, so when I boot my computer the mouse defaults to the factory lighting settings which is 100% full blast obnoxious yellow in all zones. It stays that way until I'm signed in and the Corsair profile manager loads at which time my settings kick in. Without the software running in systray the mouse reverts to defaults. I'm not sure if there's a way to deal with this that I haven't found in the software, which isn't great.

Basically, better aesthetics, build quality, and button layout than my previous logitech mice. Worse software and ergonomics.

>Logitech

razer makes the best shit, stop being butthurt cuz your mom wont buy their shit

Do you understand how aspie OP would look

That pyramid is WAY old.
Trash it

Right now I am owning a Mionix Avior which I bought about 1 years ago.

The left click I feel is not so fresh anymore, 2 millions click my ass, Omron.

I am going to buy the Nixeus REVEL for my next mouse.
I like the form.

The Logitech G403 is a bit too chunky for my small hands.

Razer deathadder 2013 is the best mouse that's ever been made

get on of em

I owned a Krait.

But I won't buy another Razer mouse, because I am not into their cloud software or whatever.

You must be 18 or older to be on Sup Forums.

Razer is shit. In high school i bought one of their mice and one of their xbox360 controllers. the controller broke 5 times all within a month of getting it replaced. the mouse crapped out after 8 months. i replaced it with some used logitech mouse an that's been working well for the past 5 years.

Stay mad, razer is the best shit

Razer is shit, but let your friend be retarded. He'll understand it soon enough, topkek

To save money Razerrrrr swapped out actual cherry blue switches for cheapass chink switches that break when you try to remove the keycaps with lower travel as it's only strong suit. Then they rebranded it with cherry razer and sold it for the same price.

You deserve to be cheated.

Are high pooling rates a gimmick?

I've had the same razr mouse I bought used 6 years ago, use it at work on the daily, and I slam it down in anger plenty of times.

rat is a shit mouse, but its its super comfy

Nah son. mouse needs to have weight to it, or if its gonna be light, it should be small. Using the Mionix that light feels cheap, and wrong. and mine broke twice under warranty.

I used plenty of Logitechs, they used to be my go to mice, and I worn plenty down from just use. They all develop the same goddamn problem. The little plastic thing attached to the flexible click plate wears down, and each click turns into a double click feel. its annoying as fuck, and has literally happened to every single G series mouse I owned.

Their laptop MX series are fucking fabulous tho.

rats are surprisingly good for wronghanded fingertip use

you have chernobyl hands

I got a Logitech G402 on sale for something like $60 Canadian rupees, how did I do?

>Implying any mouse beats my trackball
Pleb

>Niche product with niche uses
Okay

I bought a used Naga 2012 a couple years ago, and it's still running strong.
>inb4 poorfag buying used mouse
Yeah, but it was only $35, and I needed a better mouse than the one I had.

>Niche
Works for everything except competitive CS:GO.
So unless you're a gaymer there's no reason not to get a trackball. It's ergonomic and protects your hand against "mouse arm".

I've been using a razer orochi for 6 or 7 years now. It's lasted several builds somehow.

Your hands are literally a mice graveyard.

If so many mice fail on you, then you should start looking at how you treat your mice

Where would a g403 rank on this list?

>Logitech
>shit

What are you smoking man? Logitech consistently put out reliable mice that just werk™. They're only downside is that they have boring aesthetics.

Other than shape what makes a Mouse good?

do they all make their own sensors or are they buying the same sensors and throw expensive materials and logos at it?

why should someone by a $60+ mouse if they can get one this for 9?
ibuypower.com/IBPStore/Accessories/iBUYPOWER-Gaming-mouse-Black

i dont know anything about mice.

I almost fell for your bait but then you said that rat was the best mouse

what are you talking about, I take great care of my mice. I clean them every week with my laundry. 60 minutes in the dryer and they are sterile. I wipe down my desk and use a sticky roller on the mousepad so junk doesnt get stuck on the sensor. they are just bad companies.

wow. good call, I was born in Kiev in 84, my family moved south for over a year as soon as they heard the news, which was like a week later.

>the shape
>the sensor
>build quality

Those are the main ones really. Stuff like DPI, LEDs and all that is mostly a marketing meme.

The Razer Deathadder would probably be the best mouse out there if it didn't fall apart after a year.

I said best feeling. not best performing. that pinky rest is godlike, and no one else does it.

Im currently using a Belkin F8E850-OPT
Its probably older than some people on Sup Forums.
what brands are reliable since it seems most of these companies have a hard time getting 5 buttons to work for a few months, if these mouse threads are any indicator?

My 2013 Deathadder still works.

Anyone have this mouse? Does it work under Linux?

>posting a 5+ year old chart

>arch user
my nigga.

user, what worries me is this post: gadgtspot.com/2014/05/16/review-steelseries-sensei-wireless-laser-mouse/

>With both my Windows OS’ and the firmware update out-of-the-way, it was time for the real test: Arch Linux. I can’t say I’m surprised that not everything works right here, just a little disappointed. Upon boot-up, it presents a USB device error, where it fails to detect the charging station properly. More specifically, it detects, but is unable to assign an address to it. The error itself points to a power issue, but being that it starts properly in Windows, this is unlikely to be the real cause. Because of this, it does not start the mouse with the rest of the operating system. Disconnecting and reconnecting the charging station (with the mouse off) before turning on the mouse does allow it to start, but has to be done on every boot. Or you can boot with the charging station disconnected and plug it in after the OS fully boots. I decided to test this using a live ISO of Linux Mint that I had lying around, and it has the same issue. So, if you’re hoping it’s a distro dependent issue, I’m afraid you’re out of luck. There is one other small issue as well. While the mouse turns on after reconnecting the charging station, the cursor does not display on GDM until you press a key on your keyboard. Pressing a key to force the cursor to display doesn’t bother me. The detection issue alone, however, is enough to stop me from recommending the Sensei Wireless for any Linux user.

This is from 2014. I wonder if it has been fixed...

logicalincrements.com/mouse

This webpage explains some of the common technologies and terminologies.

Does anyone else here on Sup Forums love/enjoy/like old wired mice?

I found and purchased this bad boy off a thrift shop for ~$2 like 2w ago or so.

Image related is a Logitech M-UAE96.

he needs to learn for himself. he'll only be convinced when his shit either is broken on arrival or breaks after a week

I like the razor mouse

I use mine for about 6 years now without any problems and I am buying a new one because mine feels old.

But the main reason why I like the mouse may be because it works perfect for those with a fingertip grip.

Mai boi, poorfags will never understand the dankness of using ur mice in glass.
In all seriousness, I love my MX Master, it's really comfy.

do you feed them enough?

this is the single most retarded chart ever

>zowie anything in stupid tier

greetingsandfuckrightoff.swf