Post old screenshots, or old hardware. OC content is preferred

Post old screenshots, or old hardware. OC content is preferred.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8sIZM2OZxo0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>OC content

>Original Content conect

autism.triggered()

90s Apple Power Mac 7600 132 MHz CPU :)
28.8 Kbps Modem

Sadly I don't have many old pictures. But this is main PC circa late 2011. 2.8GHz P4 Northwood, 2GB, 250GB. I was poor as fuck.

amazing

>CPU slot
>Passive cooling
You used this shit into 2011?

GOD YES I LIVE FOR THIS THREAD. This is my favorite shit. Thank you based user for making this thread and other anons for contribooting. I'll throw up some of my old shit in a bit if anyone interested.

Fucking love old PC hardware. Goddamn.

>themeXP
let me see if I can dig up some old screenshots, that was the best shit.

Here's one I could find easily. My first PC build to my current build (though last this was updated was like 2014 late.

newer picture, old hardware, same pc as the first one in this pic but during a recent rebuild/cleanup in 2016 for old time's sake

Nice Lego collection. I miss mine :( had over $2k in Techincs

Here, we see the gradual evolution of a Sup Forumsuru into a Sup Forumstard.

this was my old pc
sorry for the shitty quality

another computer, I used a server case and modded the shit out of it

Oops, I didn't mean to post Trumps wall

Found my dad's old briefcase "lugtop" as he calls it we were cleaning a few years ago. It turned out and started boot. Then something popped and acrid smoke came out. No pictures though.

I still have a bunch of those old bare-metal pcs in the attic, I build nice 98/xp machines for fun

I get sad when I look at these super builds of the past because I know I'm going to see dumpstered watercooled 1080 slis/i7 custom loop builds gathering dust and old in 10 years too.

>implying I had the PC first
>implying I actually knew how to use that word processor

lel I had the game systems for years before I built my first PC, and I had no damn idea how to use a word processor to its fullest potential it was there for shits and giggles

here is my first build as it stands today.

anyone interested in any of the guts of the PCs in this pic?

or in this picture any closeups desired of anything in this pic?

oooooh boy you got some nice stuff there
show me that ibm pc and the one in the small case
also, what do you do with them?

I had a black Aptiva, it was my first PC. I miss that thing.

This is probably a disappointment in the context of this thread. I can show you the original hardware if you want.

Wasnt expexting a sleeper
But thats still awesome
Was it an AT case?

Nice Chieftec Dragon there.

Gotta love sleepers.
I had a small Aptiva before, lovely non-killable cases.

The tiny Dell currently runs Win10 Enterprise and the non-sliding one needs a HDD so I can make use of the Quadro FX4500 I put in it.
the right most Dell that slides open is a slow Pentium 3 and I haven't done much to it, though it was meant to be a Voodoo 2 SLi rig but now I'm thinking of putting my Voodoos in the middle one with the Quadro in it and dualboot Win98SE and Win10 Enterprise as well.

Don't feel like typing out all the specs but if you want some info just tell.

And the little guy is a bone stock HP DC7600 that I removed WinXP and threw Lubuntu onto since it seems to run better. Getting a PentiumD in the mail to upgrade the CPU soon. Then plan on using it basically just for web browsing/general basic computing shit.
>also, what do you do with them?
Right now not a whole lot, while all but 1 of those have an OS on it, I'm at a loss for what to do.

The big one is my main (in the background under my desk) PC for gaymen and general stuff. Win 10 nothing special
The first build (most left PC) is Win 7 and it runs a TF2 Prophunt dedicated server when required (usually at LAN parties) and also can play most emulators smoothly enough. (Goes up to Gamecube) that was the main intention as an emulator PC.
The other black one with the Z on the front is a hodge podge of shit basically just being stored for the time being. No OS but it does POST.
The Aptiva is a sleeper/compact LAN party build that I can bring around without worrying too much about lugging my massive main PC around or damaging it.
Then the HP I explained already.

I'm working on a PC for mom right now, restoring her old one with an Intel DQ57TM and an SSD, then loading vanilla Ubuntu on it. Don't feel like paying for a Windows license and Linux will do 99% of what she does on a normal basis much more safely and reliably, or so I hear. If she wants to pay for a Windows license I'll install it but I feel like she'll be fine on Ubuntu. gotta find that old HDD so she can get the files off of it.

Nope, it was MicroATX from the factory, that's why I picked it, so that if I ever wanted to, I could return all the original components into it.

When I was building, I took out all the original shit and hooked it up and it booted into '98 with no problems other than "your time is wrong and XYZ hardware is not plugged in anymore (since I didn't have several of the expansion cards plugged in) but other than that it booted up no problem.
Beautiful machines. Can I see the guts on the green one and the one to the right of the green one? These early gaming PCs give me a huge hard on. I was too young to get into it way early, I started in like 07 with a laptop, not building till around 08 so I missed the gorgeous early builds that were so goddamn awesome.

well hell, actually also the one to the left hand side, the big guy.

ARGH I love old PCs like this. Like OG gaming rigs.

gonna go commit sudoku for using "OG" in a sentence

The big one is a Q9300+GTX460 768MB+4GB DDR2 1066MHz with some spare 200GB and 400GB drives and another X-Fi Platinum CE with the X-Fi front I lent to my sister for a couple of years since I feel more satisfaction when my old stuff is being used, and I brought it home for some service since the PSU blew (I've never blown one in all these 24 years I've built computers myself though, luckily) so it's having one in just to see if nothing else died with the old PSU.

The little one is a case I took from my step brother since he was gonna upgrade to a PC I built him and I took his old for some dissecting and inspecting.
The idea is to use this Apevia PSU that looks so gnarly and turn it into a stereotypical "gamer" PC even though it's just a Pentium 3 with only 1.5GHz.

One of the computers I don't have at home is the one I made in on the release week of the Q6600 B3, that have 4GB DDR and 7800GT that is still being used by my 72 year old stepdad that I occasionally service.

The granddady PC around 2005.
The big black one before in it's prime years,
that at the time felt like tower of Babylon.
Reason why I use two PSU was because one didn't like all those drives while running the 8800GTX for some reason.

Fuuuuck those are sick. That fucking UV reactive PSU though. This makes me rock hard. Coolest PSU I have is a chromed 450W with a blue side window.

These are the exact types of machines I love. Perfect. Everything about them is badass. Thanks for sharing.

Our pleasure then, because just getting a response that my old PCs I like to live on are nice, makes me happy.

One PC I truly miss though is my old IBM R40 2682CAG.
It was a heap of crap when it came to gaming but it never gave up.
>NFSU, no problem, Oh NFSU2 is being made? Will my 16MB Vram manage?.. Sure it will, because I will do my best!

Bonus image for you.
A butt naked AMD K7 if I remember right.
I never got around to put it in a rig since I sold it off for parts to a person in need of that mobo and wanted the Riva TNT2 as well.

>the land before time pillow

Holy fucking nostalgia, user.

:3c
It's kept in the closet now, since I don't want to damage it.

This thread is comfy.

B U M P

need to bring this shit out of storage again and give it a proper NT4 install

Here.
Took some time to swap some drives and PSUs and booted them all up, cleaned and reconfigured them.
Overrode the admin passwords from previous owners and did a clean up from all the non-windows programs and drivers for network, sound and graphic cards and such since I wanted the original OS on them.

Currently on the last Dell one.

>IBM Think-series
God I love those cases.
youtube.com/watch?v=8sIZM2OZxo0

Old capacitor exploding probably. Still have it? Not too hard to fix

>550ti
>stock cooler
>rice LEDs
>12gb Ram A1/A2/B2

fuck me man 2012 was a time

fuck me man 2012 was a time.

s478 with RDRAM and single-threaded P4 Northwood @ 400 MHz FSB. VGA is a CAD-variant of well-known R9700.

ha, my old home setup.

This stuff actually went onto planes where I went to deploy satellite dishes for a mining company on very, VERY remote sites. Weird places too - Kazakhstan and worse.

Looking back, I can't believe I ever got through airport security with that. Simpler times.

I always found a use for hardware way after it stopped being useful at its primary function.

Nice, I've got a box kind of like that except with a Quadro4 980 XGL and I rolled back to a 2.2 GHz Northwood to keep everything more date-appropriate.

Shit had a lot of life left in it, something about RDRAM makes those things fly.

>HDD casually sitting inside a block of ice.
ok.

always thought PDAs would be nice as tiny terminals desu

kind of wish I could find a nice winmo shitbrick with decent wireless support to use for quickly SSH/telneting into shit

"Old tech" thread, geezus, I feel ancient.

Is 2009 old tech yet?

70s

you guys want to see the inside?

hardware is not so old, but case awesome beauty from 2005.

old caddy nec

What mobo is that? Looks very similar to my GA-X58A-UD5.

ex58 extremme with pentium 3 cooler attached to north bridge instead of silent-pipe. what cpu you use?

nice headphones.

90s)

I'll join

im actually just looking into buying a dc7700 ultra thin model
its got a single pci-e x16 low profile slot, which is just what i need for a 256mb radeon hd 3450, the chipset supports the binned c2d xeons, which i have a few of lying around, and the monstorous fuckin cooler on them is going to be perfect

all i want to do is play halo 2 and store some files, so it should work just fine, picking it up off amazon for ~50$ with vista and 3gb of ram + 500gb hdd

i was originally going to buy an rp 5700, but the seller never fucking shipped it and wouldnt respond to my emails
fuck em, amazon gave me my money back

6$ on ebay
New, it was still shrink wrapped
Opening it up gave me a boner
Not proud of that, but understandable

Fresh from a garage sale yesterday. Cutsie old grandma wanted $20 AUD. I gave her $50.

Be still, mah throbbing dick.

Then theres my dedicated sims machine
Which sounds like the hdd is dying
No issue, i have more hdd's and windows xp to replace 2k

Obligatory guts shot. Primary floppy drive eject spring had popped its retainer and it wouldn't eject disks, had to literally gut it to get to the drive housings/drives. Made in Feb '83. I am 6 months older than this machine.

Ive decided to do that right now
Check out this 4.1gb hdd