Let's Make Opera Great Again

Other urls found in this thread:

aww.moe/z0egik.zip
files.catbox.moe/4hzs77.gz
pastebin.com/3bAvtQmm
paste.fedoraproject.org/526781/32598714
pastebin.com/uzu3K7XB
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

reminder that opera has been shit for a very, very long and will never be great again

At least post reuploaded link, k.

Some links, unsure if these are pre-patched or original:
aww.moe/z0egik.zip
files.catbox.moe/4hzs77.gz
And some more links in this pastebin:
pastebin.com/3bAvtQmm

A post from the other thread:
Here's a diff file that fixes most common things from russian fellow if anyone care to build.
paste.fedoraproject.org/526781/32598714
use

./flower -j 1 -v --without-kde4

In root directory than fix dependencies by hand (e.g. it needs curl source code in /src/modules/ and such).

Chat might be quiet at times, some of us are looking into things, atm I'm setting up a Win7 VM with VS2010 trying to see if I can get a matching binary to the released 12.15 (unlikely but still worth a try)

If you have any questions just ask

Does this mean opera can be GPL now?

No, unless this ends up catching on hugely like other events have. Then maybe Opera will end up submitting to peer pressure.

Backup the source code before it gets pulled!

dw, there's plenty of backups
aww.moe/z0egik.zip is the code originally leaked

Aaaand it's gone

we need more backups!

>this file contains a virus or malware
hmmm

Pussy

Damn got kicked off the IRC somehow and now I can't get back in because AnonNet blocks Tor...

Anyway I figured out the commands I needed to generate everything:
python modules/hardcore/scripts/operasetup.py -IC:\browser-master -DMSWIN=1 -DSELFTEST=1 --platform_product_config=platforms/windows/config.h --makelang_db=data/strings/english.db --makelang_db=adjunct/quick/english_local.db --makelang_opt=-E --mainline_configuration=current
python modules/hardcore/scripts/sourcessetup.py --ignore-missing-sources
python platforms/windows/vcxproj_update.py

For it to fully work you'll need Python 2.7, Perl 5 and Pike installed, once you've got all them it should build most of it, for the last bit you need to setup curl for building with VS, haven't done that yet and it's 3AM for me so I'll do it tomorrow, will also try getting back on the IRC tomorrow too

Oh you also need vsyasm setup in your VS2010 folder too, which only seems to be made for VS2010.. so I'm pretty sure whoever said they had it building with VS2015 was just being a faggot

Guess what, the code includes autotests for making sure the browser is not affected by some vulnerabilities.

So is presto coming back?

Bump

Anyone still working on this?

No, it was abandoned years ago.

Ignore the Googler shills, there was activity in the IRC earlier but everyones sleeping now afaik

If you wanna chat just lurk in the webchat for a bit

Keep us updated. Would be great if someone manages to make it work.

Did get it building with VS2010 in the end, gonna write up a guide for it later

Sadly can't get it matching official binaries though, they use PGO (profile-guided optimization) for the official releases, and that needs an instrumentation file which is tuned for web browsing and shit, which sadly isn't included

>gonna write up a guide for it later
Please do.

Here you go:
pastebin.com/uzu3K7XB "Building Opera 12.15 with VS2010"
That's all from memory, haven't had a chance to try going through it again to check its all there but that should be everything needed IIRC.

Any questions just ask.