Desktop on a Plane

How the fug do I get my desktop and monitor safely on a flight?

Currently planning on using two suitcases, one with the monitor padded with an assload of clothes. The other one with the desktop that has the heatsink, ram, and graphics card removed. The motherboard is still in the case. The case is padded around with clothes but is empty inside mainly. It's a fractal design define r4

Any suggestions on safely taking my desktop on the plane?

Just take it in pieces and assemble it mid flight. While you are doing this exclaim "Allahu akbar" repeatedly until you get the attention of the other passengers who can help you.

Haha xD
Srs though how do I move without destroying my electronics?

Bump

unless you put it in a hard shell with foam internals, shit is gonna get fucked up. you need one of those hard cases that musicians use to ship their equipment

What about disassembling the entire thing and wrapping all the parts in anti static bubble wrap, and putting it in the case and filling out the empty space with peanuts and then putting the PC case in the suitcase?

Bumpp

That shit will get knocked around. It's too big of a risk to take. You either need a hard case, or carry your hardware on your carry-on luggage. Maybe your RAM would be fine if you wrapped it up well and put it underneath, then put your case in a hard suitcase, but I wouldn't take the chance with anything else.

Mind if I ask, is it absolutely necessary for you to bring your desktop and monitor? Like are you moving or something? Also, keep in mind that you typically need to pay extra when checking in extra luggage.

Send it by ground shipping you mong.

Don't bother, just USPS (or your country's equivalent)/FedEx/UPS/DHL it to wherever you're going and make sure you styrofoam everything.

I definitely need to take my desktop, I am indeed moving.

Right now I'm thinking of removing the hardware and wrapping it all up individually except maybe the PSU and then just putting clothes in the computer case. The hardware would come with me on my carry on.

Way too fucking expensive mane.

Bump for options

Can you give me a list of all the hardware you have please? Nothing specific, I just wanna see how much you have. Your hard drive(s) will absolutely need to come with you in your carry-on bags in anti-static bags and wrap them good. Keeping your PSU on you sounds good as well. But actually, maybe any other hardware with non-moving parts will be safe to put under. A hard suitcase would be the safest thing for you to get though. It's also good to keep in mind that your carry-on luggage can potentially be as large as a small, rolling suitcase. Check with your carrier before buying something.

I don't have any experience with transporting monitors via air travel though, sorry.

I have two 2.5 inch HDDs and two ssds
212 Evo
i5-6600k
Gigabyte GTX 1070
16gb ram
Some mobo not sure
750w PSU

Thinking about wrapping everything up, keeping the PSU and Mobo in the case (fractal design define r4) in anti static bubble wrap and padding with clothing. The gfx card, CPU, storage, and ram I will take in my carry on I think

Monitor I'm planning on just wedging between a lot of clothing in a huge suitcase.

I think you should be good then. Do you have an approximate weight to the suitcase you're going to have your clothes and monitor in? They'll hit you with those overweight fees if you aren't careful.

Good luck with moving and everything though man.

What's more valuable, the cost to replace part of or your entire system, or the cost of shipping to avoid TSA rapists fucking with your shit and ripping your GPU right from the socket without releasing the lock?

I'm gonna make sure it's under the airline limit so that should be fine. The monitor is pretty light.

Don't worry senpai the gpu is gonna be in my carry on.

Pelican Cases

Expensive senpai

>he doesn't keep the box and packaging of his electronic products

Makes shit easy when moving if you don't have one of those hardcase pelican suitcases.

Sell your desktop and buy a fucking laptop

I'd just anti static wrap your cpu, gpu, ram, and hdd/ssd, then sell the case and mobo. You can buy new ones when you get there.

Then fuck off then. If you can't afford to do this in a sensible way then abandon this stupid fucking idea.

This. Laptops are the only sensible way if some degree of mobility is required.

Laptops are extremely limited when it comes to hardware though.

>spend thousands on computer
>cheap out on safe packaging

Enjoy your cutting edge paperweight.