Resume

Now that we're in the digital age, what resume building website or softare do you use anons?

>resume building software

just use word and format it nicely

LaTeX

Funny, I'm working on my new resume now.

Aside from the obvious privacy breach, does anyone have any graphic or infograph resume builders?

Is curriculum vitae called "resume" in burgerland?

They're similar but not really

They are different things. A résumé (yes, you should use proper apostrophes) is one to two pages, while a CV is supposed to contain your entire work history and extensive details about your experience, education and skillset.

>Now that we're in the digital age, what resume building website or softare do you use anons?
Latex

Why would you prefer resume over CV?

What?
Here what you describe as a resume is a CV, and what you describe as a CV doesn't exist

LaTeX or bust

If I'm a recruiter scavenging and searching online for potential candidates, I'm interested in obtaining only the most relevant info as fast as possible.

If I'm a boss and some random guy just hands me his documents and asks if I have any jobs available, I want to be able to take a quick glance in order to determine if I should go further with it or not.

Résumés highlight your most important skills and experience. CVs are only appropriate further down the line in the interviewing and hiring process, when you've filtered out unwanted candidates.

CV means curriculum vitae which literally means "life history", so obviously resumés are not the same as CVs.

what's a good intro for latex?

have used it before, via templates, but want to really get a good intro into it this time around

This. But people over think resumes and end up making them colorful and shit. Just make them look like pic related in LaTeX or word.

In Europe, a CV is the same as a resume in USA i.e. a short single-page document, not the entire history.

Read Leslie Lamport's book.

LaTeX, it's a beautiful document.

Wikibooks.

I am literally in Europe right now user. I am European.

europass

Use Word, Writer, LaTeX or whatever. Just make sure it prints correctly. I've tried other software before and printing the PDF caused it to print a blank page.

ed and troff.
I build systems around UNIX and no UNIX guy would use anything else.

This.

Which country are you from? I'm just curious.

Iraq

Norway.

We don't have a concept of resumés, people ask either for a CV (2-3 pages) or a full CV (everything). Sometimes they ask for a "short" CV, which is a double-sided page, but this is very rare and usually only the American companies with offices here do it.

Ironically, it's very common to put your photograph on CVs and it didn't use to be this way, but we are blaming the Americans for this trend although in the US this is strictly forbidden due to some discrimination law thingy.

REEEEE

next

Who needs a resume. It's not like you are going to get a job, Al? A job.

ztxt and coda

How old are you?

just fucking use word,laTeX, libreoffice writer, word it well and make it look all nice

>although in the US this is strictly forbidden due to some discrimination law thingy.
No, people don't do it because it's tacky and looks dumb.

I use indesign and photoshop, but I'm an architecture graduate and our CVs have to look nice. But you could probably get away with using word if you spent some time making the graphics and layout look nice.

>people reccomending word

>need to pay for office these days

no thanks

>No, people don't do it because it's tacky and looks dumb.
That's not the reason though, it's actually because employers might end up being sued over discrimination if Shaquanita LaFonQyan doesn't get the job but a blonde qt3.14 gets it.

I use a TeX template a friend made

>tfw included a bunch of obscure languages and technologies that I'll never have to demonstrate I actually have a cognitive grasp on

there is indeed a difference, depends on the institution I guess

universities usually require you fill out the "European CV", a structured document that has all kinds of fields to fill out

>apostrophes