Webchat: site.anonnet.org/webirc/openopera

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/PrestoXen/openopera-issues/issues/5
github.com/loadletter/Sup
github.com/chrisaljoudi/uBlock/issues/672
a.pomf.cat/qvcdbp.tar.bz2
pastebin.com/LkV60SMK
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Someone on the IRC channel is trying to get it to work on the PowerPC platform.

There is now a version that works on the Pandora. It just needs to be packaged as a PND along with the proper libraries. You can get it at a.pomf.cat/vfzjcx.tar.xz.

Why should I use Opera over Firefox ESR?

presto doesn't suck ass

I agree with that statement. It has only crashed on me once (when installing an extension).

Does anybody remember the caveman theme? I've been looking for that thing for ages.

so redpill me on developing this code; is it illegal to branch off of it and develop a new, modern browser entirely based on it?

Didn't we have this conversation before?

so how does "rewriting" it work, so to speak? I'm not really a programmer, but couldn't somebody take all the elements that make this browser, see the tools and methods use to create it, and essentially make a clone of it?

I think of video games, because gameplay can't be copywritten, so popular games spawn a shitload of copycats. Couldn't you take "the rules" of the software and make essentially the exact same thing but in your own words?

Its now working on the Pandora. It just segfaults when loading a page.

After years of using Firefox, Opera 12.15 feels so /comfy/ for some reason. It was so ahead of its time I really hope some neets can make presto suitable for the modern web.

is there an ebuild anywhere?

When we will see HTML5 support?

Its in there. Just not as complete as the other browsers.

>github.com/PrestoXen/openopera-issues/issues/5
Couldn't grep be used to find those? I'm not to grep-savvy...

Also, how the fug are you supposed to build this thing without installing Opera's version of gstreamer? is there a place in the source tree I can place the gstreamer files or...

>Couldn't grep be used to find those? I'm not to grep-savvy...
use the silver searcher

Here's what strace stated when it crashed:

--- SIGSEGV {si_signo=SIGSEGV, si_code=SEGV_MAPERR, si_addr=0xe3300000} ---

I've just been building it without gstreamer

Is it possible to add mse and vp9?
it's main missing part of html5 video.
fixing certificate warning message is good thing. manually imports or disable check fixing it but not proper solutions.

I know you guys aleady working on it.
Sadly Development is not active at this point.
Thank you guys. I keep on eyes with it.

>Outdated JS engine
Sad!

this

especially for modern gaming engines

nearly useless. sad!

The JS engine is only outdated till someone takes the time and effort needed to update it.

Okay.

Let's add chakraCore for opera.
(It's joke. probably)

Wait so is opera open sores now?
Will we finally escape from SJWfox

It's still closed source, we just have the leaked source code for 12.15

Yes, you obviously could.

Regarding software a simple copyright is applicable, unless it is a profound patent that safeguards the technology behind it. In most cases this will not be applicable.

Is there a working version of
- Sup Forums X
- ublock
for it?

Sup Forums X: github.com/loadletter/Sup Forums-x
uBlock: I don't know

Loadletter's 4chanX and Scriptweeder along with Fanboy's list

This is pretty fucking great actually
Maybe we'll finally get a decent fucking browser

I also hope for that to occur.

Where is lolicat?
Opera should have them.

Not baiting, how the fuck are people casually uploading leaked source to github and think that it won't get taken down? Fucking retards, I swear.

>using abandonware, instead of a FOSS fork of Firefox

Why?

Already spread.
why github? because it is easy way to attract people.
now bitbucket mirror is alive again.
So you can get source easily.
No one can work on it at this time.

Github is popular, and this is a leak (pretty obvious it'll be taken down anywhere he posted). Seriously the leaker wouldn't post it in his particular website/server.

because firefail and everything netscape related has been shit ever since the introduction of gecko in 2001. all it and netscape needed was to be better than ie, which wasn't hard to do at that time. there were other browsers that used ie as its core that were better than ie itself. opera was the only browser that was better than anything else at the time in every single way. chrome only got popular because of "oh, it's google. it must be good." and it being speedy, but with nothing useful.

clearly you've not been using the interwebs for too long and have probably grown up with fucking garbage like chrome, firefail and its derivatives. hopefully, soon you'll know what it's like to enjoy surfing the interwebs.

Because the abandonware's better

Retard question: How do I apply the patches posted ITT? It seems like what searx is giving me wouldn't work here...

Because Opera is better, and if modernized then it has the potential to be the best browser on the market. Though that really shouldn't be tough, everything currently available sucks ass.

from here no it is impossible github.com/chrisaljoudi/uBlock/issues/672
"Presto Opera has its own content blocking engine, and with its extension API you can only add/remove filters to it. Requests cannot be intercepted, so basically there's nowhere to port the extension."
but Thanksfully there are other extensions. and it even have built in adblocker and userscript!
AdSweep
noads-advanced
ContentBlockHelper *
adblock plus *
for greasemonkey Violentmonkey will work.
Disclaimer:I did not try anything.

Seasoned Opera user here, these are all I've needed.

kek, whoops

Anyone want a precompiled tar? After I finish this build I'm gonna try PGO next.

Sure, throw it this way user.

Alright, it's currently building.

a.pomf.cat/qvcdbp.tar.bz2
No autoupdate checker. No GStreamer. No Plugins. Nothing except for the browser itself. Disabled toolkits: gtk3, kde4. The browser is built only with gtk2.
*NOTE*
Audio/Video is obviously broken to lack of gstreamer.

Thanks man.

Some of the patches from the repository (specifically LinuxReleaseFix, FalseNullFix, and LoadImagesParser) don't work properly when I test them with `git apply --check`. The former two fuck up on one line, the latter fucks up on several lines on several files. I'm not well acquainted with diff files, especially not generated by git, is there a good way to fix them, or am I SOL?

LinuxReleaseFix:
fatal: corrupt patch at line 13
FalseNullFix:
fatal: corrupt patch at line 22
LoadImagesParser:
error: patch failed: modules/logdoc/module.tweaks:349
error: modules/logdoc/module.tweaks: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: modules/logdoc/src/htm_elm.cpp:17138
error: modules/logdoc/src/htm_elm.cpp: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: modules/logdoc/src/htm_ldoc.cpp:2270
error: modules/logdoc/src/htm_ldoc.cpp: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: modules/prefs/prefsmanager/collections/pc_doc.txt:508
error: modules/prefs/prefsmanager/collections/pc_doc.txt: patch does not apply

Damn I wish we had /prog/.

Umm? isn't it apply patch command?patch -p1 < patchfile

patch p1 < file.patch
if you on linux or macos. If you on wanglows then install gentoo^W cygwin or something like.

Sorry for being a complete retard, but what am I meant to do with these sorta files? I would love to nose around but I don't know where to start or what to google.

It didn't work last time I tried it for some reason because it couldn't find files, but it inexplicably worked this time I tried it. I didn't do anything differently, so I'm more confused than before I solved it, but thanks.

git clone *repo*
cd browser-master
./flower -h

Read carefully what options you can mess around. Then apply some patches. Then look inside the code. Be owerwhelmed by tons of C++, do not understand any single line.
Try to pretend that you understand it. Change something. Now everything is broken. Cry overnight.

Anybody tried it on a raspberry pi ?

Cheers.

Due to my lack of CPP knowledge I decided that I'd try messing around with Wireshark for a bit. It doesn't seem to connect to anything spooky, however, I'd advise adding the following domains in your host file just to be safe:

0.0.0.0 redir.opera.com
0.0.0.0 opera.com
Probably won't be able to install addons afterwords, so get those first.

Anybody else with wireshark skills wanna take a look?

>inb4 russian malware avoids wireshark detection

>cant follow the second link in da OP
>asks retarded q instead
dumb frogposter.

It builds great on Raspberry Pi. Look in the patches repo for a text file with instructions.

Really quick too, but be sure you apply the arm patch with:

patch -p1 < ArmPatch.patch

Yes, there's a link to the binary in past thread.

Sorry, man. I take weekends to get out of town.

My plan is to retrofit GCC 4.3 or something earlier (maybe back to 4.0) into my wheezy ARM VM. I tried the other direction (build it on squeeze with GCC 4.3), but squeeze doesn't offer GTK+3 development libraries. I'm a completionist, so I build the KDE, GTK+2 and GTK+3 integration libraries.

As to the segfault, try to restart Opera a number of times until it is stable. I needed to do this in my VM about 3 times before it acted stable. Not sure why. I suspect either a GTK+ integration library (XFCE uses this) is foul or a bug in Mesa was tripped. Can you have strace capture each opera thread into separate text files, then post a longer trace from the one that segfaulted?

Glad you found a working libstdc++. What did you need to do?

1. I will try that.
2. The proper version was included with the version of Code::Blocks that was made for the Pandora.
3. The developer I am in contact with is building it right now (I will try once all the files are done extracting, I patch it and modify the pearl scripts according to what he told me to change them to).

1. No luck. It still crashes no matter how many times I run it.
3. I cannot get it to start building. I'll wait and see if the executable that he builds will crash or not. If it does, then he will take a look to see why it crashed.

It would be nice if someone made a patch to make the "Open tabs inside current window" checkbox of the Manage Sessions dialog box stay checked.

Someone should look into porting these binary patches into source patches:
pastebin.com/LkV60SMK

WEW
I just discovered something neat in the source.

In the EN language file it references the Nintendo DS. I wonder if this is compilable for the Nintendo DS and could be used as homebrew? I doubt it, but it's a fun thought. It's more than likely the translations are just universal.

(for those that don't know, Opera was the default Web Browser on Nintendo devices for quite some time. They're probably the reason they can't FOSS)

Haven't seen much DS code in here, looks like most of the mobile shit was a seperate project (probably sharing code between them)

Would be nice if that user from before would leak the Opera Mobile code they mentioned tho

I think some of those patches no longer work in Opera 12.18 (at least the remove "Click to activate" ones don't work).

Shame, could've been a neat hacking project. Has anyone tried decompiling the Opera Mini APK?

On another note, every module seems to be well documented. The dev wiki is unreachable to us though.

But we're working on 12.15 source!

I'm running the official build of 12.18 until I see patches that'll make me want to switch.

Any features in particular you're missing?

1. Support for modern video types
2. Better JS support

Some tweaks that would be nice:
1. The one I just mentioned recently.
2. Use the first tab shown when it has just been opened when opening a session instead of opening first tab of the session as a new tab.
3. Fix pages not loading fully every now and then when refreshing.
4. Make the Menu Bar one color instead of the two colors it currently is.

>#openopera
>open
Open as in the high seas, lol.

Not that I don't understand why you'd do it, anons - I used to love Opera - but a browser project built on leaked source code stands no chance in the medium to long term. Even catching up with today's standard is unrealistic because contributing to an Opera-based project may be a legal liability for volunteers.

What I mean to say is, have fun, build Opera for new platforms, but don't expect this to last and don't invest too much effort in it lest it be wasted.

Another domain to consider blacklisting:
auth.opera.com

Found the Google botnet:
/browser-master/modules/geolocation/

Sounds like a lot of nice features.

Nope. So, you are correct in that assumption.

Enjoy prison

If you're gonna try PGO you should look into some of the build tools included in the src, one of them is specifically for PGO builds (can't remember the name, might be spartan)

Sadly it uses a bunch of html files to optimize with which are all on an internal Opera server, but maybe Firefox/Chrome has PGO html files too?
Maybe we can swap out the internal links to those if FF/Chrome has them, probably won't give us the exact optimizations they used but it'd be better than nothing

>What I mean to say is, have fun, build Opera for new platforms, but don't expect this to last and don't invest too much effort in it lest it be wasted.
This isn't the first time people worked on leaked code ya know, there's lots of projects people are still working on which aren't exactly legal.

Take OpenXRay for example, the STALKER engine was never open-sourced properly but people still play with the leaked code, luckily for them they don't have a faggot company DMCAing them everywhere like we do, but it's still proof enough that people can work on something for years without needing permission.

HYPE!

Here's a picture of Opera-tan for you all.

Back among the living, sorta. Someone shoop her as a zombie or a vampire or something.

So I cloned the repository. What can I do with the files? I'm not really sure what I'm doing but it'd be fun seeing this running.

Any improvements to come out of this are better than what we've currently got. Sure I'd prefer this becomes a long term project but that'll probably never happen.

Compile it

how come we still don't have a page on installgentoo wiki regarding OpenOpera?