What is the best linux distro for someone coming from windows?

What is the best linux distro for someone coming from windows?

they're all garbage
install macOS

Arch Linux. It just works.

Xubuntu or Manjaro Cinnamon

C'mon!
If you google it you'll find that is Mint, Ubuntu or something like that.

they're all pretty much trash except for Gentoo.

Calculate Linux works too if you don't know how to install Gentoo

ubuntu 16 LTS. Nonfree drivers if you've got any jraphics card

None. Desktop Linux is utter garbage. Don't listen to these Lincuck neckbearded wannabees

Go away, microshill pajeet

>macOS
Linux fags can't read... how sad...

Fuck you faggot, I'm whiter than you want to be. Eat a dick

debian xfce

Ubuntu/Xubuntu. Anyone saying otherwise is memeing

Mint or Kubuntu are pretty good, but that's just me

Try arch linux or start from centos minimal install

Win10 Pro is the best desktop OS ever made. Keep Linsux where it belongs, in a headless VM.

Make Windows Great Again you dumb Lincucks

buy a mac, you WILL need to use the terminal with linux (even ubuntu, the totally noob and entry tier distro), and if you are not interested in spending time pasting shit into it Linux it´s not for you. Firt time some shit broke you will came here and bitch about it, so, get this clear: buy a mac.

Coming from Windows? Ubuntu LTS, end of story.

You're a fucking moron.

As an alternative.

Fuck Macs. Use WSL. Mac's are for faggot cucked hipsters

Are you just looking for an easymode Windows experience in a Linux envirnment? Then probably Mint or Ubuntu. Those two are undoubtedly the most popular easy distros.

Are you actually looking to learn Linux and use it like it's intended to be used? Then go with Arch. Easy to install, fast, lightweight, and will give you multiple boners a day.

q4os

̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅
᠎ ᠎ ▲
▲ ▲ Linux Mint Cinnamon 18.1 Serena 64bit.

>literally memeing right now

What about Chrome OS?

CentOS7 is the mostly compared to windows. It's basically the official linux OS for max GUI utilization.

Arch actually does just work, if you follow what's written down for you in the wiki.

Xubuntu is by far the easiest, light weight, user friendly distro I can recommend.

It's pretty good if you only need a browser and nothing else ever.

Xubuntu kept fucking up for me when it game ot using boot-repair / installing japanese ime so I went back to ubuntu gnome.

They seem the exact fukkn same anyway.

People have mentioned Ubuntu, Mint, Debian, maybe Kubuntu, which are all good. Two less popular distros that are aimed at people new to Linux are Solus and Elementary. I haven't tried either but I hear they're nice.

Mint is a very lightweight distro. Quite easy to use, good interface and nice community support.

Solus linux is definitely the FUTURE of linux

Zorin if you want windows like distro, or antergos if you want something different that just works

Ubuntu

You won't get rid of me unless you have a better job for me.

Solus

Are you one of those people who don't actually see the Dutch language as entirely abhorrent?

I heard people don't even want to read books in Dutch.

Ubuntu MATE

if you buy a mac you're as cucked as with a windows machine. if the point of dumping windows is to get rid of surveillance, mac isn't an option.

>tfw I get shit battery with ubuntu

This. Started with Ubuntu a year ago. Now I'm trying to install Arch, but the bootloader just wouldn't install properly. The Guide on the wiki is just to vague.

Spent whole last summer playing with linux and advanced a little, played mostly with Arch linux as Sup Forums was obsessed with it back then.

But the real answer you're looking for is Ubuntu and unity is fine if you want least amount of problems with your manager.

>best

depends on what is best for you. simple and similar to windows desktop? linux mint or ubuntu mate.

>posts default configured installs
>complains about unconfigured install
>same person goes out of his way to rice his arch distro
explain this.

>what's the best distro for me

I want working out of the box
>Linux Mint/Ubuntu

I want customizability
>Arch Linux, Gentoo

I want Stability
>OpenSUSE, Debian Stable

Just start with Ubuntu or Mint, you'll distro hop a million times anyway

Ubuntu or an ubuntu variant. They are designed to work through a simple installer on just about any hardware with minimal hassle. If your not concerned about nonfree software or not having a rolling release upgrade model it's a great place to start.

Don't let people tell you desktop environment X is a reason to use a distro. Any distro can have any environment installed on it, and you can switch between them easily

Post this on reddit youll get more reliable help over there

Q4OS with the XPQ4 theme pack.

install gentoo

GNU/Linux*

Solus.

If you want to learn Arch.
If you just want an easy OS Arch Anywhere and choose to install pacaur.

install guixsd