Tab abusers: why do you do it? There are no reasons to keep open every page that you visit...

Tab abusers: why do you do it? There are no reasons to keep open every page that you visit. I don't care if you're deep in research. Learn to manage tabs you mongoloids.

Other urls found in this thread:

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/toby-manage-your-tabs/hddnkoipeenegfoeaoibdmnaalmgkpip?hl=en
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/the-great-suspender/klbibkeccnjlkjkiokjodocebajanakg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like Toby
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/toby-manage-your-tabs/hddnkoipeenegfoeaoibdmnaalmgkpip?hl=en

even on my worst of worst days i can't even seem to pass 15 tabs

how some people go into the 100's is fucking beyond me

>I never close tabs
>hurr durr, why is chrome such a resource hog

I have 4 more windows open. I'm organizing it down, but it grows.
I had one tab about Garo magazine, that turned into 10 more tabs for the multiple scanlation projects, artisits, nekojima scanlations, an interview about nekojima suicide, the history about underground japanese manga etc.
I don't have time, I'll have to come back to read all that tommorow.

TabMixPlus in Firefox makes it easy. I address only about 70% of my tabs, but the benefit of TMP is that I don't have to worry about losing anything.

I also use Klipper/Ditto on Linux/Windows for clipboard history. Not just so I can paste between several items, but so I can get something I pasted a few hours ago and can copy shit without having to fear losing my current clipboard contents.

treestyle tabs firefox

i hve about 1100 tab right now

Holy shit user. Close the downloads bar at the very least.

or you could hit the red X four times, open your browser and magically all the tabs are gone

Open webpage, read webpage, close webpage. What's the issue, memers?

>I don't have to worry about losing anything
Ctrl+Shift+H

I use tree style tabs. Makes managing 20+ tabs pretty easy. I have no reason to close tabs.

This. Use the browser history if you need to find older pages.

Meh, it's right there instead. With TMP I can browse in last-used order with ctrl+tab and left-right order with ctrl+pgup/pgdn. It works best with my memory.

I have no idea how people like function though, you can't see what's going on.

Just use tree style tabs. I have literally hundreds of tabs open right now and am easily able to organise and keep track of them. The only problem is firefox starts to chug once it passes about the 5GB mark.

Sometimes I open interesting shit, something I might come back to read again later but it's not important enough to justify a bookmark (which I want to keep clean) also I am often multitasking, looking for new shit to buy while researching stuff for my project, then read up some article about cat brains during a break, open a new tab about brains and so on.

Usually having around 50 tabs open, so it's also relatively easy to manage.

If it weren't pure shit, it wouldn't keep shit from days ago in the memory, there is actually an addon to fix it. Never had issues with tons of tabs with Safari, even when I was using a MBA with 4GB RAM and had other stuff open in the background.

With vimperator I don't even use tabs, just the buffer system. Makes more sense.

How does that work? I like vim but have never tried vimperator

If my tabs look like this, I'm looking at hentai -- middleclick open each picture's page, then tab through and click on interesting tags if any (also, save the picture if it's as good as the thumbnail indicated).

othewise, even when I'm looking up docs while working on shit, it never gets even close to that bad
if it starts to resemble that, I'll go through each and close all but what I need, since it gets to be a pain to manage when you can't read the labels

Those screenshots are why I hate chrome, it has the worst tab management possible and no way to fix it even with extensions.

To answer OP's question: Right now I came to Sup Forums, opened several threads that seemed to be interesting, still have some past threads open too with useful information that I don't want to lose, some of these threads have useful stuff like this:
which I just opened in a new tab. And that is just Sup Forums, I also visit other boards. And that is just Sup Forums. So you can imagine how things can get out of control. I've been using OneTab which works well enough I guess.

>TFW too intelligent to use more than one tab

I build up a list of content to fap to, but jizz midway through building it so I just close then all only to come back 1hr later to do it ask over again.

>caring
>not using a browser that allows for superior tab management anyway

I have 128GB of RAM so I never have to close any tabs. Ever.

Get on my level, faggit

>tfw chrome still doesnt simply let you scroll withteh mouse wheel
>once it opens too much you literally cant see further to the right without deleting tabs

that being said, as shit as chrome's tab management is atleast 1 fucking tab wont kill my entire browser session

and even if its an annoying "hijack" tab you can just kill that single tab in task manager because of how they program each aspect of the browser to be sandboxed as its own process

Same. Any time I get more than 10 or so tabs I go through and close a bunch.

>he doesn't manage his tabs efficiently by pressing Ctrl+W

>he doesn't manage his tabs efficiently by never closing them

can you people post a picture of your rooms, just out of curiosity

>picture of your rooms
My rooms?
What do you think I am, 12?
I have a whole apartment to myself.

but lighting is bad right now.. its dark out.

Here's my living room. A little messy.

I can easily go into the 100s if I'm doing some sort of finding task and will go through the tabs later to save what I need. That being said though, it usually only happens within a ~30min time and I go back to my usual ~5 tabs.

15 tabs is still very usable on only half of a 1440 pixel wide screen (720 pixels).

And as you can tell from my extensions, I buy lots of shit, and that's the only time my tabs get to 20+ for buying/comparing.

Absolute madman. Though what's with the mainboard left?

Im pretty similar, with some topics you'd be amazed how quickly tabs can stack up and you need them all open to do whatever you are doing
Especially this, fucking hentai/R34, opening up interesting tags and pics that look good really adds up quick, then i dont want to exit them because fuck finding and reopening all that shit each time i want to fap.

Plus i have 16Gib of RAM so i dont even need to exit any of it ever

:^)

>tfw Opera handled the 100's tabs you had open in 2010 better than chrome and its extensions handles 50 tabs in 2017

>also saving tab sessions when researching

what fuck went so wrong ?

Crap I ripped out of a broken system. I need to throw it away. It was in my hands and I just set it anywhere.

I usually clean up when I get to 200.

It took me years to assimilate the idea of tabs, to this day I never keep more than 2 or 3 open

I don't understand why some people never close them, they're in your history anyway

>what fuck went so wrong ?
mobile first

What browser is that?

I use panorama and have tons of tabs.
They replace bookmarks. Yes keeping a tab open is better than searching for the site in Google or in your bookmarks.

I just can't help myself

That's Firefox with panorama

>that Windows theme
absolutely fucking hideous

I thought for a sec that was 25128 tabs (its not is it?)

nope sorry

only 128 :)

>250+ tabs at once on light session
It's not to keep open every page at once. When browsing image galleries, there are many images that I want to look at and any other related images so I open a new tab for each image. What solution do you offer me that allows me to go to any of the selected images and its associated galleries? I'm actually curious as Firefox can't handle that many gigabytes at once. It slows to a halt in five minutes after which I need to close it before it crashes.

There's no reason to have more than 8 tabs open at the same time. A number that doubles that or it's higher is a sign of autism.

But user, I need about that number of pages for work alone. Add a news-site or two, 4chains with couple threads and you're easy in the twenties.

Theres no reason to have any fewer than 100 tabs open, a number thats half that or lower is a sign of autism.

Learn how to use bookmarks you sperglords.

It looks like Firefox with Tab Groups and the FTDeepDark theme.

I disagree

What would be the fucking difference? It's not like I run a shit browser that chokes or got not enough RAM.

I do kinow how to use bookmarks, i have like 500+ of those too, most of the time its stuff that is not important/useful enough to bother bookmarking it, but its still interesting/important enough that i want to get through it, so it stays in its tab until i get to it. Also this

pinned tabs are ones I want to go back to eventually however they usually always end up in bookmarks never to be visited again

Firefox browser history is shit.

>bookmark something
>never see it again
great idea

I tend to gather about 20-30 sometimes because I find new music, or have Sup Forums threads open, and want to get around to listening to it, but forget to or don't have the time. I have an addon that saves the tabs' links within itself so I can visit them later, and I use it only if I get low on resources.

I was getting close to 1000 because I have shitty internet and used to keep open tabs with things I needed to download.
Now I just copy the urls to a file and add a description if they aren't self descriptive.
I'm working my way through and I'm down to around 430 tabs.

I need to drop firefox for something like surf or uzbl but not until I am finished with all these tabs.

For all the people who tab things they want to read at a later time: why do you not simply read the page when you first open it?

I'm dumb

>why do you do it?
Because it's what I've found to work the best and no matter how assblasted you get over it that's not going to change.

>For all the people who tab things they want to read at a later time: why do you not simply read the page when you first open it?
A better question: why no bookmarks???

I never open my bookmarks
they are there to gather dust

When I see someone with more than 10 tabs I immediately assume he has some kind of ADD.
>but 4chins
Thread watcher exists, it even conveniently highlights when there's a reply to (you).
>but interesting shit
Bookmarks.
>but research
Bookmark folders.
>but boorus
Takes minutes at worst, don't postpone it faggot.

>reading the download names
>recognise some of them
>doujins
end me

>not using tab groups

>I never open my bookmarks
Now that you recognized the problem it's time to solve it.

You're like the vegans of the tech world
>waah everything's working fine for you why aren't you doing it my way anyway
>my way's the right way, no seriously guys didn't you hear? My opinions are laws now!
>p-please pay attention to me

wtf am I supposed to do about that?

>xxx
>95 tabs
avid masturbator?

I constantly find new interesting tags on the booru I browse (e621).

Bookmark the links you want to read for a later date instead of having 100+ tabs open you fucking idiot, clearly we shouldn't have expected logic from you means you can't read tabs than close them.

By the way, for Chrome users, if you go to:
chrome://inspect/#pages
and Ctrl+F "inspect", you should get a good count of your total tabs

Not him but bookmarks aren't a perfect replacement for leaving tabs open, which is why I still do it even though I use bookmarks. If I know I'm only going to need the tab for a few days or weeks, I just leave it open. If I know it's something I'll be going back to repeatedly or will want for the future, that's what bookmarks are for.

Nice chrome extension you got there user

I literally just said I never open the bookmarks I save
I have more bookmarks than tabs actually

why are you so mean to me btw

>95
>avid masturbaror
Motherfucker, I had hundreds and hundreds of tabs. I got a separate Firefox with tab groups in the end for all that.

It is very difficult to break 400+ without tab suspension

How much RAM you chrome users with 100+ tabs have? How much is chrome using up?

I'm only using ublock origin and even after 10 pages my computer throws an out of memory error

What tab suspension is that?

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/the-great-suspender/klbibkeccnjlkjkiokjodocebajanakg

excellent

Yeah mine uses 10.1GB on just default page. I'll see what I can do myself.
>iTunes

dear god...

I have foobar and iTunes open, just like I do Firefox/Chrome and Discord/Skype

Because I get distracted easily, have ADHD, and procrastinate on returning back to the page

>>iTunes
>doesn't mention discord
fuck off back to

you think im joking nigger?

It makes great use of a built in physics engine.

>gifcam

Having a ton of tabs open forces me to deal with my tabs. If I hide them away in bookmarks, I'll never get around to reading them.
Once a lot of them start to pile up, it gets really annoying and it forces me to go through and at least deal with a few.
I could open a new window and just collect more tabs, but I don't like having multiple windows.

>2014
>implying webm existed

>e621

yes, and?

My browser came out in 2013 and supports webm. It existed. Regardless the filetype wasn't user's issue.