Buy a 27" 1440p monitor in 2012

>Buy a 27" 1440p monitor in 2012
>$265
>overclocks to 120Hz
>Break my monitor in move last week
>Go to look for replacement
>1440p monitors with shit quality panels are now $300 and none of them overclock
>Koreans now use awful quality panels in all of their displays on Ebay
>1440p @ 120Hz+ is now $500+

What the fuck? Am I missing something here? How did prices go up? What is the best deal now in overclockable 27" 1440p displays?

>"""overclock""""
kek

You made this thread last week, stop it

The low end to mid quality TVs and monitors all went to shit. They all want to be king of shit mountain.

What is wrong with overclocking a monitor.

I made it two days ago, not last week. If I get an answer, I'll stop making it.

bump

It's not real, they just drop the extra frames.
I'm glad you enjoyed that placebo though :^)

you got your answer you faggot, you just aren't happy with it

This is the Third time you've made this thread since last week. Fuck off with this shit tier spam.

you should probably spend some time away from Sup Forums/the internet

Only on some panels. The earlier Koean models which I had, can OC without frame dropping.

What because we recognize you're retarded and an attention whore?

I've been here longer then you, and i'll be here far after you've left.

This is literally only the second time I've posted this thread. So no, it isnt the third time I've posted it since last week. I posted it once two days ago and that is it.

Because we called you out on your shit?

Fuck off newfag

I'm sure it is :^)

Keep up the good work dear spammer.

Im sure if you got one during boxing week or black friday instead of now you would have been seeing much better prices.

learn 2 internet
i got one the other week, 27" 120hz 1440p ($300)
and i picked up cheap 34" 100hz 3440pb ($550)
I'm going return the tiny little 27"

quit with the shit posts and learn to ebay fgt

That wasn't me.

I can promise you, it is.

Which 27" 120Hz 1440p did you get for $300?

Kys

Why should we spoon feed you? Go look it up yourself fgt.

i'll wait for the next spam thread before i give out my sweeeeeet sweeeeeeeeeeet ability to internet fgt

plz bb

You must be a retard.

No, he's not op.

>Korean piece of shit
>only a single DVI-D input, unusable if you don't have DVI unless you buy a 100$ converter
>shit bezel and stand
>shit quality control
>have to send it back to Korea if there is any problem
>the worst PWM frequency known to man
>no overdrive, shit response times

You gotta be fucking kidding me!
I had an X-Star, and it was alright when the Korean overclockable monitor was the only high refresh 1440p / high refresh IPS / affordable 1440p monitor. But buying one today when vastly superior monitors are available, like the Pixio PX277 with the IPS panel at a full 144hz, are available for relatively cheap, you are just fucking yourself paying over 200$ for an incredibly inferior product when you're going to use it for years.

again, that wasnt me

The answer is that 1440p is the same as 16:10 monitors were back in 2010. Something that only dumb Sup Forums tards buy. Meanwhile everyone else is going 4K/16:9.

Didn't this board already dispute that 4K is a meme?
>1080p 144hz
I have no reason to upgrade to any resolution above 1200 or 1080

I

Uhhh.... no. 4k is a joke.

Pray tell what is your justification for considering 4K a joke?

They are just regurgitating memes.
4K obviously is the next major upgrade. Sure we also got 10 bit, oled, hdr, and other buzzwords to, but overall stick with 1080p until 4K is cheap enough for you.

I mean, I would consider a 28-32" 4k, but I doubt my 1070 is enough. And that is with current titles. Itll be even worse with future ones.

Already have a 4K monitor

the overpricing, the amount of advertisement, the fact that you'd need a decent rig to enjoy it.
>4K is a huge meme

price will go down eventually was a similar deal back when 1080 monitors first launched.

>overclocking a monitor

>1920 x 1080
>2006 - 350$
>2017 - 150$
So in 11 Years should I upgrade to 4K.
>Fucking kek

Why would you not?

>1080p 144hz
I prefer having higher dpi for smoother looking text and more workspace, I don't play twitch shooters and 144Hz video isn't widespread.
There are a lot of games with issues at the moment running at 144Hz. Like physics being locked to frame rate and games frame limited to 60Hz.

I hear moving windows around and scrolling and what have you would look smoother but it is not a high priority for me.
The biggest advantage of 144Hz for me would probably be that it is a multiple of 24Hz which is good for certain movies and animation.

I'll consider it when it gets more widespread support and 4K OLEDs can run at that frequency.

I'm not familiar when it comes to monitor specs, but I'm thinking of getting a new one. What are the things that I should look out for when picking a monitor?