Mobile phone culture ruined the internet forever

Mobile phone culture ruined the internet forever

>prove me wrong

Why would anyone try to prove a commonly known fact wrong?

>Implying it was ever good

AOL ruined the internet forever

Yes, the ((phones))) are to blame, not the humble Zuckerberg and Schmidt

Why the FUCK do people prefer tiny laggy touchscreens over big monitors and mice and keyboards.

I will never fucking understand this

I can't shit post from the toilet comfortly

poor people don't have spaces to keep a computer desk

fucking normies and their "going outside"

bullshit, a cheap laptop hardly takes up more space than a smartphone

poor people shouldn't be allowed on the internet.

>laggy
when's the last time you used a touchscreen?

they aren't

the concept of watching people play games on youtube instead of playing them is sad.
Until i realized its because of poor people that dont realize their "free" phone cost them $600 over time and they could have gotten a pc

waht
I watch people play games on m good pc

The last time I used an Android phone

this

only thing mobile culture did was change normie's needs. today 95% of normies would easily take a cellphone of choice over any desktop if they could choose between the two for free

in what year? there is no lag

the concept of adults playing video games is also sad

apple ruined phones. Imagine if jobs died before the iphone came out, android and windows and nokia would be the top dogs and we'd have more practical phones than a phone you have to shove up your asshole to use.

fuck off shill

so is the concept of being alive

mobile devices are portable, and much of the population is "on the go" aka they're at work or commuting to work or on their lunch break.

also you can look at whatever you want on your phone if you you're using cell data. things you wouldn't be allowed to look at on a work computer.

people get used to these mobile devices and use them at home too, because it's what they know

>things change and I don't like it

Well I don't like it one bit

Tiny and laggy are two things phones haven't been in over 5 years

The internet was made for academics sharing files GET OUT.

>academic file sharing

it was made for military comms first, get out you fucking nerd.

More like people ruined the internet. The problem with it is that every piece of subhuman shit can have access to it and therefore they can unleash all of their degeneracy

Mobile phones are just the tool. There are 2 main things that ruined internet. Firstly, normies who are shitting in the internet with their "selfies", posts etc. Secondly, users are consuming in the internet and aren't creating something new and useful.

Sent from my iPhone

This.

the concept of the universe existing is sad

>Why would anyone try to prove a meme wrong?
First post worst possible post.

If you exchange the word "ruined" for the word "changed" you could make an argument. Otherwise it's just pathetic subjectivity. Nothing else to do?

>Not having a battle station in your bathroom

>military comms

it was made to contain the coming onslaught of cat pictures people would start taking when the first 640x480 digital camera would release

>mobile culture
>ads are okay
>spying is okay
>everything demanding a separate account is okay
>data caps are okay
>referral spam is okay
>micropayments are okay
>websites and programs demanding your real identity is okay
>the manufacturer owns your device you purchased from them
>programs with no settings or options are okay
>menus built of cryptic heiroglyphics instead of words are okay
>not being able to install/uninstall the software you want is okay
>aesthetics more important than function
>publish first and worry about whether it works later

and fucking so on. No, "ruined" is objective here. Mobile paradigms are 100% toxic garbage.

The concept of having a concept is sad

Who want's to help me build a Sup Forums clone that blocks phone posters?

android is fucked up beyond repair.
They never optimized the key aspects of the system.
One of the biggest failings of a touch system is the input.
On android, it takes a long time to load the keyboard, often views as lag.

So only NEETs that spend 24/7 on the computer can use it?

Who want's to help me build a mobile app that can post on his Sup Forums clone?

Wow we have this thread every day now. We need to separate Sup Forums into neo-luddites and people who actually want to talk about modern tech instead of just jerking off.

-You never used these sites and never will.
-Eternal september and usenet shits will insist YOU ruined the internet by simply showing up in the same fashion.
-You only now just grew up and see things as the way they are and only have your shitty nostalgia to go on which only retroactively removes the bad so everything at that time will appear good.
-More people on the internet/tech reduces prices due to the way that industries provide services and products, in the early 90s a workstation was $5K and there was no way before 2007 you could get hosting and internet access/speed for the cheap price you can now.
-Smartphones are great for business, you're the retard if you only think they are for games and facebook. Again you don't play or use either of these yet you act like they're burned into the phone's screen or something.

And finally, most importantly:
-Complaining about this, even if it were true (it's not) will not solve anything. Nostalgia jerking feels good for 15 minutes but in an hour you have to go face reality again. And it's worse because you were expecting it to be like you have it in your head it was, and it won't be.

But hey keep making the thread, maybe once in a while you'll find enough people stuck in the same era and you can make your little IRC circlejerk thinking you're clever for sticking in the past. Quite literally every single person thinks whatever years they were 10-17 is the best, you were old enough to remember it now and also still not responsible for yourself yet.

I'll make the logos.

Eternal Summer 2.0

tiny no, but i still get lag on my iphone 7

that's arpanet

that's the world wide web

they don't
they only use them because they spend much time outside of their dwelling

>mfw mom and dad switched to earthlink and i was not an AOL'er anymore

so wizardchan

showing up first does not give you the right or ability to dictate what the internet should be about or who should be able to use it. if the internet was left up to vocal usenet spergs, everyone would be banned from every website 15 seconds into using it. Web consolidation was the best thing to happen for free speech, and everyone migrated because they were sick of dealing with forum and IRC turbo loser admins making the rules up as they go along.

I bet you support genociding native americans too

>everything demanding a separate account is okay
That's not true, you can use your Facebook™ account to log in to most of your services, for more convenience® and security®.

fpbp

second post pretty good too

not him, but let's not pretend that america would be a better place if we had wild indians running around scalping us, shooting us with bows and arrows and doing the wa wa wa wa thing they do by cupping their hands over their mouths while hollering, it would be annoying af

Let's Plays are more for lonely people, not poor people.

You don't watch LPs the entire way through, you watch them as a demo if you're going to buy the game.

Also it's fun to watch LPs of extreme playthroughs like glitches, TASes, etc. If you've never played the game before and watch the whole thing start to finish and then never get the game, you are indeed retarded.

No it doesn't. Im posting from an Android right now and that is bullshit.

>this is what newfags actually believe
the internet was already ruined years ago. AOL lamers ruined the internet.

The keyboard is the slowest application on my system.
Closing it then opening it is near instant, but if I turn the screen off, login and then open the keyboard, there is a rather large delay.
It is like that on all the phones I have used.
Typing on the keyboard also reveals lags, but that is only when you are using a lot of resources.
It is a bad application.

>buying iPhone
Retard