Is anyone else getting ads on youtube?

Is anyone else getting ads on youtube?

Opera 43.0.2442.52 / Ublock Origin 1.10.2

I usually use mpv+youtube-dl but I tested it and got no ads.
update/add filters

yeah, I did.

Seemed more like it was just a 15 second video that loaded before the actual video did.

I'm using ublock origin with all the lists turned on btw.

How do you have uBlock Origin set up?
Are you using the "advaned user" option and manually whitelisting everything?

I'm not using the advanced settings.
I tried umatrix once and it was way too much work to get every website to work again, and I assumed ublock would be similar so I didn't think it was worth the headache.

Pic related is the lists I have enabled though.

hmm well sooner rather than later, diligence is gonna be required to block the things you don't want to see. The "press this big button to make everything magically go away" stuff isn't gonna last forever.

What I"m trying to say is now's a good time as any to learn about HTTP and website requests. Easy stuff.

thanks for the advice user. I'll give it a try then.

In your opinion is it worth using umatrix in conjunction with ublock origin, or do I just need to enable the developer settings on ublock?

I would just use the advanced user options of uBlock Origin. Idk if there's a youtube video about configuring it but it's not too bad really.

This, I got ads on youtube for a couple weeks now

why don't you use adblock plus like normal people do?

FF 45.5.1 / Ublock Origin 1.10.4

No ads. But YouTube showed me a window asking me if I was interested in activating the ads to help the youtubers. That shit was strange. I said no.

Are you subbed to Google Music? that shit also comes with Youtube Red which disables ads sitewide.

I'm not seeing any, loaded a bunch of videos to check.

uBlock Origin 1.10.4, Waterfox 50.1.0

>not blocking ads at the dns level
plebs

>ads on youtube
kek
use mpv+youtube-dl fampai

Simply blocking the ads is way more convenient though

how? all I do is right click the thumbnail and select open with mpv. It uses my conf file too so it looks better.

>way more convenient
not opening a single youtube video page is more convenient for me.

>floating, always on top borderless window with automatically the highest quality
>no flash
>no shitty html5 either
>easycrop

use autohotkey to launch mpv with a link in your clipboard, bind it to one of your extra mouse buttons.

watch youtube vids like a king

it's easier to get the ads blocked on the videos than to always have to right click on the video and open with mpv.
I'm not saying that's difficult or time consuming, but it's easier to not do that.

its no different than clicking on the link to go to the page.

>>not blocking ads at the dns level
>plebs

Let me guess, you're one of those people who installed pihole? yeah, that's real hard to do user. everyone is a pleb compared to you

ok, why don't we take a look at a hypothetical scenario.
let's say that a friend has sent you a link of a yt video to watch.

Using adblock
>click on the link

Using open with
>right click
>click mpv

but I can do more with MPV

>play vidya
>have youtube vid in one of the corners of the screen
>watch podcast, easycrop to face
>want screenshot, press s

youtube video pages are cancer.

you lazy piece of shit

I haven't touched it or updated it in a while, but sometimes I see that yellow block for an ad at the start of videos and sometimes see ad videos at the top of search results.

you clearly didn't read my original post. I didn't say it was difficult to do, just that it was more than simply clicking on the video normally.

depends on the person. In your case it sounds like it's a better idea to use mpv.
I myself do this when I'm using arch, but if I'm on my windows partition I just click on the link normally.

>pihole
never heard of it

>never heard of it
But you have heard of it :^)

so "rightclick copy>mouse button(autohotkey)" is too much for you on windows?

I only boot into windows when I'm gaming, in which case I already have irc and firefox open in a second window.

If I just need to watch a video really quickly or while waiting for a loading screen I don't really see the issue with using the website.

woah

>he doesn't watch videos WHILE ingame
you really sound like a cuck

>he watches videos while playing games
What kind of shallow childish games do you play?
I only play games with the most captivating stories which require your full attention.
I'm sure if you are playing some kiddy garbage like overwatch then you can watch videos at the same time.

>games
>stories
not every game is a wannabee movie you know. I play fun games and I can pay attention to multiple things at the same time.

>not having ADHD superpowers

>I only play games with the most captivating stories which require your full attention.
sounds gay

>overwatch
no, recently I play shitloads of Himan (literally GOTY)

>not every game is a wannabee movie
this is correct, which is why I don't play every game. I only play the ones worth playing, which happen to have compelling stories.

name them faggot. whatchu playing

>HuniePop
>If my heart had wings
>Sakura Angels
>Sakura Beach
>sakura Beach 2
>sakura Clicker
>sakura Dungeon
>sakura Fantasy Chapter 1
>sakura santa
>shower with your dad simulator
>sakura space
>sakura spirit
>sakura swim club
>Go! Go! Nippon! ~My first trip to japan~
>Gender Bender DNA twister extreme
>Bad Rats

Just picked up dishonored 2 also.

If you're watching a video and playing OW at the same time, you're doing hella shitty.

>HuniePop
giant faggot spotted. no need to read further.

>$CURRENT YEAR
>not playing huniepop
what are you even doing baka desu senpai

You're a bonafide weeaboo.

fuckinhell, time to leave /g me thinks

bonafide

UPDATE YOUR FILTERS!

I was getting ads a couple of days ago on a couple of channels, but they seem to have stopped. Occasionally shit slips through the cracks with adblockers.

Whenever I do I update the lists. It works fine after that.

stop lying nigger, i never get any ads on jewtube
and why don't you post the fucking video for once

Isn't it bothersome to enjoy youtube like this? I mean the whole point is to randomly browse sometimes.

No, you just right click a YouTube Link and hit open in mpv. Get an extension. I also wrote a wrapper that searches YouTube, finds the first video, and plays it with mpv.

> Opera > 12.18

You asked for it.

Microsoft Edge doesn't have this problem.

It's the most comfy way to enjoy youtube, and twitch too (using livestreamer tho). Plus, it fucks with your system less because it's not trying to run some bloated as fuck website.

HORR UP

Use AdGuard

>If My Heart Had Wings
Good taste user
>Everything below that
Oh nevermind

>youtube

Heard of that, I think. What is it again?

You deserve it for being chrome niggers

> tfw ads will be transferred on websocket not http/s
> tfw when you won't be able to block ads anymore

>is it worth using umatrix in conjunction with ublock origin
They both work hand in hand with each other as in you really should use them both plus, having uMatrix kills the need for a handful of other add-on(no script, requestpolicy, ect.). The more you use uMatrix the better you get at it, to the point where it becomes second nature. I didn't know(and still don't) shit about site requests and shit but the more I used it, it started to become real easy to understand what requests to block and what to unblock.

How is that more comfy than simply...

clicking on a video? Whats the point of using extensions, wrappers, seperate players if you can just fucking click the thumbnail and watch the video.

Wow. It takes up 2% more cpu.
Wow. You can't read comments or interact with the video in anyway, just watch it. I like reading comments sometimes.
Wow. In the time you wrote and compiled all that shit I already watched another dank memes complilation.

People try to be different from the majority so hard, claiming it is 'more comfy' than simply using whats already there. Adorable.

i was getting youtube and twitch ads on ublock for a few months but it seems to be fixed now.

Why am I even responding to this bait.

It's not about resource usage, I have a desktop with more than enough resources to spare for watching a video. But I use YouTube primarily for music. I could not possibly care less about comments. But it's a lot more comfy to hit Super+Space to open up Albert, type "tube 2018 fire trap mix tape" and hit enter than it is to open up Firefox/a new tab, type in YouTube.com, type in the name of the song, and only then click on the video I want.

>I use YouJew primarily for music
Opinion.
Fucking.
Discarded.

>Opera
Can you please GTFO of this board, sir?

I'm gonna make the switch for Twitch. Having to go to the site and knowing that even if I close the chat tab there's turbospergs spamming to high hell and taking up muh bandwith makes my skin crawl.

How do I BLOCK THIS PIZZA GATE SHIT??

>wow you can't even interact with the video, just watch it
kill yourself

>I like reading comments sometimes.
OBINIOM DISCRADED XDDddd

See I can do it to. Doesn't make me right, just makes me autistic. Now go back to India.

>why don't you use adblock plus like normal people do?
Its outdated and it bloats. Have they fixed the bloat issue yet?