Other urls found in this thread:

winsetupfromusb.com/supported-sources/
ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11196
seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2012/Mar/17
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>POS ready
yea get ready to get fucked and all POSSED UP

Windows 10 is Poz ready so it's the choice for gaymen.

It will only run on old ass hardware. Dont expect anything from 2011 or newer to support it.

Got it installed on an ELO touchcomputer, is bretty good.

Use WintoUSBcd iso burner creator if that's what it's called (use third option), cant remember but it's something like that. It will fuck up the i386 folder so after that's created it copy it to the root of where you made the bootable iso and it might throw a few other error's after the install on first time setup but easy enough to sort out and without any problems.

this shit.

winsetupfromusb.com/supported-sources/

Fuck, I tried creating a USB with Rufus and it doesn't boot.
The built-in USB installer in the ISO won't even start.

Rufus is shit, Win32 Disk Imager is better or YUMI

>Win32 Disk Imager
Do I just image the ISO on the USB drive?

Win32 Disk Imager and YUMI won't work with posready though so use winsetupfromusb.

Yeah trying but fuck it has like 20 billion options.
I hope extracting the ISO with 7zip works.

the option you need is the third checkbox, the built in USB installer comes on the DVD only which has to be obtained from Microsoft.

If you need to mount the ISO to get files off use wincdemu portable

Third one? Not the "2000/XP/2003 Setup"?

yea third one, USBCD4Win/WinBuilder...

When you go to install and it boot's a pre installation environment that prob not seen before just choose the lowest in the list which should be obvious anyway and make sure you copy the i386 folder or you'll just have to start again.

also if the hard-drive your trying to install to has partitions on it might not give you the option to install on it so would have to use the command line when it gives you the option to "press any key for a command line" and then use "diskpart" and "format" to clean it.

Still won't boot. Damn.
How should I format the drive in winsetupfromusb?

Use this to format it and then make the ISO bootable disk

ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Are you sure the computer your trying to install it on can boot a USB? Don't get me wrong... I ask because some computer's have the option in the BIOS however on the ancient system I was trying to install it on the option mean's literally a USB hard disk drive or CD drive, not a USB stick.

Always good to do this first

Open Command (as administrator)

Type "diskpart"

Type "list disk"

Select the disk you want, according to number in the list so...

Type "select disk 1" or whichever number it is

Then type "clean"

After that then type "create partition primary"

and then format with the tool I linked to being guiformat.

POS like "Piece of shit"

>download ISO
>use Rufus to create bootable flash drive
>install
>enter product key

>doesn't work
also how about you fuck off google

might have to go in to "computer management" after that and then to "disk management" and choose a drive letter/change drive letter.

then guiformat

Works on my machine

Rufus doesn't work the same for everyone depends on which version your using, which iso's and which syslinux or whatever files you have etc

Sometimes the best bet is to just use an older version and even then sometimes or most of the time it wont work.

POS like "Point of sale"

>implying he doesn't know
Someone's always got to shit the place up with that ancient joke

was implied, not intentionally

(You)
was implied, not intentionally

Still not working.
I guess it just won't work with my current hw.

Won't run on Windows 10.

>Windows 10

so you have a dvd version?

what is the hardware?

Yes
Well it runs on Windows 8.1, try compatibility mode

A haswell desktop

I got the ISO from MS, is it the wrong edition?
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11196

Nope, you're good

>POS ready
laughed irl

So what is the actual deal with this OS? Is it like a better version of Windows 10 or something?

Can I use nvidia drivers and do everything I normally would with only half the bloat?

It's Windows XP with security updates.

No, the microsoft one is the CD one, not the DVD one.

Oh, that explains it.
You got a link for the DVD one?

A haswell desktop

I guess it's an off the shelf machine then if that's all you can provide about it, there almost always cucked some way.

I hope you can at least manage to change BIOS setting to boot from USB.

I got mine many years ago. Try searching in torrent sites, they might have it.

yea go with the cd version, what's the point in using a torrented one when you can hardly tell if it's compromised... and who's to tell if the USB creator will work anyway. OP must be doing something wrong or fundemental that he can't get the CD to work.

I think laziness is playing a part too as I've literally outlined all the step's he need's to take to get it installed.

>piece of shit ready

And guess what? It doesn't boot.

>XP on a Haswell desktop
Good luck with that

ebin

You're clearly incapable of creating a bootable flash drive. Just burn it to a disc already.

Well the thing is Windows FLP, WEPOS 1.1 and POSReady 2009 uses non-standard installers, which is why standard USB creators might not work. At least for WHS 1.1 they used Vista-esque installer( for initial steps) even though it is based off Server 2003.
Also speaking of compromised, the official image actually contains residual-traces of malware(malware itself not present), according to Stefan Kanthak:
seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2012/Mar/17

I don't have a burner nor CD.
Tried Rufus, literally nothing.
winsetupfromusb got grub4dos on, but choosing the option to boot does nothing.

Maybe it is the haswell thing, idk. Nothing loads, it just stays on a black screen. On my laptop it returns to the boot selector.

>delete a reg key
>no more issues

Wow that was fucking hard

There wasn't an issue from the start. I was just commenting about malware with POSReady 2009.
Try this:
ftp://px.cps.ru/files/Embeded/
good to scan it though

What is that i386.zip?

>tfw

Probably SATA drivers for that device. Most likely you don't need that.

.ru... way to cucklord

If this was Linux, you'd have 6 million shills saying that this is why Linux isn't ready for the enterprise.

Do you mean just because normie perspective?

and desu the system i was trying to install it on as i mentioned in the post you replied to i tried at least 15 distro's including mainstream one's and only puppy linux and archbang gave me a working desktop out of the box.

I couldn't be bothered to get any other distro working/configured and there was no telling if 3d graphics would be supported, granted it was an ancient system but i'm sure there are many out there being used in enterprise still and going by the fact i tried many distro's with next to know success and windows "just worked" then basically linux isn't ready.

You don't really need any other tools than cmd for creating a bootable usb.
Unless you have no idea what you are doing, and need a unsafe third-party software to

>In diskpart
list and select the wanted disk.

after running "clean"
run "create partition primary"
run "active" to mark it as bootable

run "format quick fs=fat32"
or run "format quck fs=ntfs"

If you need to use GPT run "convert gpt"
or run "convert mbr" for MSDOS table.

run "assign" to assign a drive letter

Unpack the iso to the disk with 7zip or similar.

everyone realised it was shit and only for incredibly lightweight hardware with 0 functionality

point & click

>Windows Embedded Piece of Shit Ready?

Sounds about right.

If that was the case Rufus would've worked.

I thought this was a joke OS.
Get Tiny7

>tfw the DVD worked

>POSReady
>Piece of Shit Ready?

???

haha in my case the ELO touchcomputer aka tyco electronics was gagging for it.

What the fuck?
It was screaming at me with some weird error when formatting. But if you format with ufd before running the installer it works just fine.
Did they even check this shit before releasing?

XD