Why do you guys think that Linux is better than Apple or Microsoft? I really don't get it

Why do you guys think that Linux is better than Apple or Microsoft? I really don't get it.

Better kernel, better userland, more control, huge community of passionate developers (not the wageslaves working for corps who only care about milking money out of you).

But you don't even have office.

captcha: calle office

it's "better" if your time has no value and you can also program and you want to learn how to be a sysadmin.

for everything else, Mac/Win is a much better choice.

I do.

Why would you compare companies to a kernel?

>you want to learn how to be a sysadmin.
I have been a sysadmin for over 4 years. I never used linux as a desktop OS.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Because Apple isn't BSD/OpenBSD.

I'm not using the awful GNU coreutils nor bash, so you can fuck off mr. Toecheese.

You can install office with wine, pleb. If you don't know how to use computers, don't comment on other people's computer use.

>>>Reddit

>not recognizing a shitty pasta
see

>worshipping an obese autistic fuck who never showers
Guess you're in the better here, huh?

>not recognizing the toecheese reference

>Wine
no thanks

You have complete control over your own computer. Do I really have to say anything else?

I've been using Linux for three years now, and not only is my peen longer but it also has more girth than it used to. Highly recommended.

Do you think privacy is a basic human right? Linux is your only choice

I have libreoffice

Nah its bullsith. AMD is better than Linux.