/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

NOPE edition

Previous thread Missing link >Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/LQxkS1mU
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
MORE gitla.in/ptgGuide/ptgGuide/tree/master

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

Other urls found in this thread:

apollo.rip
interview.passtheheadphones.me
pastebin.com/eMEQGFMJ
reddit.com/r/trap/comments/2bifbx/transcode_spectral_study_a_primer_on_spectral/
wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Main_Page
pastebin.com/r80nY4he
pastebin.com/f27846bad
pastebin.com/0A45ngss
pastebin.com/p4GBzcm5
pastebin.com/T2MRDJEe
pastebin.com/GFrtc9ij
pastebin.com/VsTVBe7Z
pastebin.com/3d5FLVr1
comfy.moe/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for Avistaz = cabal

Where's this?

Is partial seeding/leeching allowed on PassTheHeadphones? I can't find it in the rules.

Every WCD clone is free for all partial snatching with no hit and run.

Thanks

>tfw waiting for KG invite

BTN

>get into PTH
>Upload 10 albums from my personal collection
>Barely at 2gb upload
>Check the top250 and get demoralized

Don't know what I expected
At least I'll be PU soon

Yeah but there's an unofficial Apollo invite thread that is still up.

>Nobody likes Apooloo: the thread

nice

You'd have been even more demoralised if you'd been on /ptg/ at that time since many /ptg/ers had gotten in during the freeleech and others were waiting on invites or couldn't get in at all.

Can I pay someone to take the PTH interview for me?

They'd have to take it on your home connection. If you pay for travel, room, and board, I'll take you up on it

Where are you from?

I suppose he could theoretically do it through teamviewer or something and gave the other person a snapshot of his music tastes, music collection, typing style and an email to send it to.

Is there a reason why downloads from certain bots in XDCC/Hexchat just stalls the download in the DCC tab?

I get the files sent to me, the DCC tab opens up, but then it just idles on 'connect'. The download never actually starts.

Try en/disabling bounce dcc if you're using znc
If you're on znc and it still doesn't work, try your home connection
If you're on your home connection, maybe a port issue
Yes, and this isn't that. What exactly are you asking?

I'm taking down all my Apollo torrents, fuck it. I'll seed only on PTH. It's too much work.

>If you're on your home connection, maybe a port issue
Would you happen to know where I would look to try and fix this? It's only this one specific bot. other bots give files just fine. The only issue is that only this bot has the file I need.

Good lad.

No please stop sir.

It could be the specific bot is configured to use a certain port, which by chance is blocked on your end. Check what port the bot is sending the file through and open it from your router settings

The torrents on Apollo are all well seeded anyway, and I need Elite on PTH in case BTN or PTP recruit there someday.

>amazon m4v file is blurry and has shimmering

>I need Elite on PTH in case BTN or PTP recruit there someday
This.

THIS so much

Not a big music guy but last night I tried to download an album. I only bothered to sign up for the open sign up curry, xanax. Xanax was down. It wasn't on ipt and didn't want to deal with worse

Is pth still curry or should I bother joining? Who responds the fastest, requirement wise?

Xanax ( apollo.rip ) should be up now
PTH has more content and they started their interview process, which takes about ~30 hours in the queue before you can take the interview ( interview.passtheheadphones.me )

BTN RECRUITING ON AHD

HOLY SHIT YES

>go to pooploop forums
>read through endless threads filled with cringe garbage

quite possibly the gayest group of individuals on any message board besides /lgbt/

Should i just sell my account?

>pirateboy is down again

FUCK YES

I TOLD EVERYONE HERE IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN

where does ahd recruit?

fuck niggers how do i get on Awesome HD??

Oh, NOW you're interested huh.

nowhere
you don't

pro? maniac?

>hehe XD mommy no wun can join my sekrit klub!

IT'S A LIE

stop acting like spoiled brats
I'm just looking for help

Alzhy must be turning in his grave.

pro 6 months

and I'm just answering your question - ahd is locked up

DELETE

I have a question about PTH interview

is there seperate categories for VBR and CBR? It says that V0 can't be trumped, so I take that to mean CBR and VBR encodes of the same album would be different torrents on the site, and be allowed simultaneously, right?

yes, flac 24-bit, flac 16-bit, 320 cbr, and v0 co-exist

>tfw don't have enough bp yet
;-;

i will seriously pay someone $20 to take my pth interview for me

Ignore the column on the left. Image is much clearer showing three columns. V0 and 320 can coexist with FLAC.

These three are at the 'top of the column'

there's nothing on the prep site about 24vs16 bit flac, do I need to know that for the interview?

That won't come up in the interview. If you're interested, it's just a higher bitdepth. Good for mastering content but for consumption it's just a meme.

trade upload for bp

Sent a pm a while ago on btn, but keep hearing he is mia :(

Then I won't have enough upload ;-;
I rarely use the site. I'm not a bad user or anything.

Forums > Contests

It's not going to be tested and even if someone autistically included it on the interview site it wouldn't be 'high yield' (a question like that would test minutiae not understanding.) The interviewer's time is also limited - they're not going to waste it on bullshit.

Typical WCD interview was definitions, transcoding, spectral analysis and rules. Have a very quick look at the past WCD interview questions, there is only so many permutations that the PTH interview can be.

Explanations
pastebin.com/eMEQGFMJ
reddit.com/r/trap/comments/2bifbx/transcode_spectral_study_a_primer_on_spectral/
wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Main_Page

Practice what.cd interview questions
pastebin.com/r80nY4he
pastebin.com/f27846bad
pastebin.com/0A45ngss
pastebin.com/p4GBzcm5

Past what.cd interviews
pastebin.com/T2MRDJEe
pastebin.com/GFrtc9ij
pastebin.com/VsTVBe7Z
pastebin.com/3d5FLVr1

Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow

>NOPE edition
What did OP mean by this?

then buy a cheatbox and autodl internals
and then trade upload for bp
it got me to hdb

I don't know what he means because BTN still has Apollo invites in the unofficial invite forum.

What it's really showing is a moderator preventing BTN Elites from giving Apollo invites in the Elite forum.

there are three forms of lame encodes, vbr which is MP3 v0, v1 and v2. cbr whic is MP3 320, 256, 224 and 192. lastly there is ABR which is variable but with a preset bitrate to aim for like MP3 ~256 vbr, ~224vbr etc. As you can see VBR/ABR and CBR are split into two trees in the image. Quality is bottom up. v0 is better than v1. general concensus is that when an encode of v0 is available it will trump all underlying encodes in the vbr tree, BUT ONLY when they exact same editions (cat# + year etc.)

>stop acting like spoiled brats

Woah, some pretty random projection taking place there.

Basically it's this
>VBR
PTH wants V0 because it's the 'best form' of VBR
>CBR
PTH wants 320 because it's the 'best form' of CBR.
>FLAC
PTH wants FLAC with 100% log/cue because it's proof that the FLAC has been ripped to the best of its ability.

Typically you'll only see V0 and V2 on the site so they're high yield to be familar with. Just remember it as V0 is the best, as the numbers ↑ the quality gets worse.

Typically you'll only see 320 kbps, 256 kbps, 192 kbps on the site. So they're high yield to be familar with but the only thing you really need to know is that 192 kbps is generally considered 'transparent' aka that's 'When the audible quality of a lossy file is such that the difference between the lossless and lossy file cannot be a differentiated by a human ear.'

I got a question on trumping on what.cd but not in very much detail at all - something along the lines of 'can 320 kbps trump 192 kbps' or something. Maybe a bit more difficult than that/dressed up to look difificult but it will not hard at all.

ideally CBR shouldn't even be allowed imo

320 is such cancer but sometimes it's the only format that the song can be bought in.

obviously it should be allowed if it's the only available format, same with itunes exclusives and such

>tfw 320 will be the next to be phased out
Please make it happen.

V0 is a terrible format for certain genres, in so much as you can audibly tell the difference between V0/320 in seconds

>can hear those frequencies
underage whatcuck get out

>he bought cheap headphones
poorfag detected

If PTP or BTN establish a recruitment thread on PTH sometime in the future, it will be game over for Pooloo

which genres?

Except only PTP has the "The tracker is down. We're migrating to a new host. No ETA for the tracker. Come chat with us on IRC." message, not HDB
Also, HDB's tracker is just fine

Anything which is beat heavy 2bhwy, like EDM and such

>interview
I saw an invite thread on btn a while back. Do they recruit from hdb? I'm sure as shit not taking an interview to get on a music tracker, never have never will

>been away for a few weeks
>just found out what.cd+waffles dead
>rip

So what is the best music tracker these days?

Yeah they still recruit from those places (HDB/BTN/PTP/GGn/whatever)

Apollo and PTH
PTH ha just started interviews.

Which one is the best, objectively speaking?

PTH atm
although truth to be told it is really still too early to tell

PTH, in every discernible way

It's useful for DJ equipment, which does not like V0 so much.

So I have an few accounts me and friend shared for a long time. Kept seed ratios of 8+ and had dedicated gigabit seedboxes, no hit and runs.

However we have moved apart and no longer talk over the years, how hard would it be for me to get my own accounts for some of these sites? I have usernames and passwords but most of them no longer work.

Site were BTN, GazelleGames, Blackcat, BitmeTV, few more I can't remember

Get your friend to invite you, faggot.

Post an ABX

Blackcat is dead

I don't know how to post one tbqhwy

comfy.moe/

Anyone got a good list for torrents to use FL tokens on APL/PTH for buffer?

>>NOW
Something happened or what? A*D sucks.

I know of uploading sites, I just don't know what you want me to upload there?

There are none you goof. If people know about it they are already seeding it from their seedbox ready to BTFO you.
The only chance you have is to setup auto-downloading for stuff that isn't released yet. You can probably write a script to use your FL tokens on them if there isn't one already.

When will ab """"fix"""" their invites.

Is Oppaitime a dead end?

Never as AB is cabal

>You can probably write a script to use your FL tokens on them if there isn't one already.

You're over-estimating my scripting abilities, guess I'll just use them on stuff I actually want instead, thanks for the info though.

nothing is too hard for the hacker known as Sup Forums