Ryzen

Will AMD's new Ryzen CPUs have better performance than the i7 7700k? Not talking about price, just performance. I'm building a new PC next week

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/Zbt9yf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>date] [Auto] No new posts
pcpartpicker.com/list/Zbt9yf

heres my cheap build incase you change your mind

What?

all demos show it being within 5% IPC depending on the load. how well Zen overclocks vs. Kaby Lake will be the deciding factor

your building a pc right that one is low budget if your trying to save your money. Im building that when i get more money

I never said I wanted a cheap one

im just saying incase you change your mind

Yes. Kaby Lake is for jews, compare against Skylake instead.

It looks to have around Devil's Canyon IPC.
If Ryzen is actually at Devil's Canyon level it's not even worth considering when the KabyLake provides slightly better IPC, when it comes to gaming IPC is all that matters.

It's at or above Birdshit-E IPC. 10/10 bait tho, try harder.

Broadwell-E is slower than Haswell though.

Also not bait at all, not everyone is a fanboy like you, I actually own a FX8350(currently not in use anymore)

You don't know what IPC is, do you? On a Geekbench result, of course single core score will be lower than a non-E part since that's gonna be clocked higher. If you brought down that non-E part and that -E part to the exact same clock speed, Broadwell-E is still going to win out in IPC. It only loses single-core because of clockspeeds, but of course makes up for it by crushing in multi-core.

>Broadwell-E is slower than Haswell
broadwell-e is haswell, are you retarded?
sure it slower 5ghz devil canyon but not clock for clock

>all demos show it being within 5% IPC depending on the load.

It also has way lower clocks, 3.5GHz or something while the 7700k runs at 4.4GHz.

Ryzen will be average and once its out everyone will be waiting for the Zen+ cores.

>broadwell-e is haswell
No it's not, it's fucking Broadwell.
>are you retarded?

new speculations:
580 and 720 prices from chiphell

if it's true amd is dead, you may as well buy 6800k if you need more cores

same way kabylake is skylake

did you build your first PC last year?

we only know the base clock of one SKU, and they've been hiding specs from Intel to prevent them from reacting (which the new Pentium and i3 are clearly attempts to fill out the low end). I think this is the base clock of one of three 8 core SKUs, likely the middle one. also the system scales automatically based on cooling capability, so out of the box Zen has potential in prebuilts.

>same way kabylake is skylake
Not really (when it comes to tiering), both of those are still ""mainstream"" parts, not an enthusiast and a mainstream part.

4c vs 8c
4ghz base vs 3.4 ghz base with unknown turbo, but the way they sell it it probably goes high like nvidia
meanwhile intel best 8c can do only 3.7 at turbo

are you that brainwashed by marketeers that much?
it's irrelevant, what matters is architecture and it is identical on cores.

kabylake is the same IPC as skylake, but much better with average clock/overclock speeds. a tiny bit better with power as well

Explain to me then how Ivy Bridge would be Sandy Bridge-E if Ivy is on 22nm FF and SB-E is on 32nm.
Hint: you can't, because SB-E is still Sandy Bridge, not Ivy.

sandy and ivy actually different archs
haswell and broadwell are exactly the same
broadwell was downscaled haswell, intel never claimed anything else

It's up to 3.6GHz for the 8 core, the 4 core model will most likely go up to 4.0GHz

>did you build your first PC last year?
No, but you clearly did. Kabylake's CPU core is no difference from Skylake's. The only differences between Skylake and Kaby is 10bit HEVC decoder support on the GPU side, and redesigned metal layer on Intel's 14nm (which is more of an process improvement than an architectual improvement).

Broadwell on the other slightly higher performance per clock (about 5%) over haswell, and way more advanced power saving features. It's not a major improvement, but it's not just a base respin like Kabylake. It definitely is a different core. It's just Intel have hit a brick wall building beefed up version of Pentuim Pro for 20 years.

>sandy and ivy actually different archs
I honestly hope you're baiting. Ivy's just a node shrink of Sandy, it's just that Intel decided to start using FinFETs at that point as well. Otherwise, it was untouched.
Broadwell is the same, just that it wound up being an abortion that was still given birth to anyway and Intel decided to hold off on the process that was to be used for ""mainstream"" until Skylake.

WE.
DON'T.
KNOW.

The most valuable data we have is from that magazine company that got ahold of an engineering sample at 3.1 or 3.2 base with 3.4 turbo which suggested performance on par with a 6900k with 3.7 turbo.

And AMD's blender demo with a 3.4 sample with turbo disabled coming in a bit faster than, again, a 6900k with 3.7 turbo.

It's enough to suggest it will offer similar or better IPC but we have no idea how well the finished product will clock.

We do know Su has stated 3.4 base will be the minimum for 8c/16t parts, but for all we know they could struggle to get past 4 reliably.

>inb4 the binary 5ghz on air easter egg
The author confirmed it was on single core and barely stable enough to boot into windows.

it was literally on par with a 6900k and people call it average...

god damn they are dumb

>Actually paying for a Case
Why not just blow a big bubble around your PC user?

You are also dumb if you believe that too.
Once its out it will show its true colours