/SQT/ - Stupid Question Thread: Fuck Stupid Niggers Edition 2: Electric Boogaloo

/SQT/ - Stupid Question Thread

Alright, you know the drill:

Last thread: If you can't be bothered to:
>search it
>lurk moar
>git gud

Then this thread is for you!
Post your simple/stupid questions here, ONCE
You are NOT entitled to an answer.

Please redirect or ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.

Protip: If you can't tell if your question deserves it's own thread, its very likely it doesn't. Post it here, we'll let you know.

Why is it so hard for you stupid niggers to cuntpaste an OP when making a new thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitvise.com/ssh-server-download
uj3wazyk5u4hnvtk.onion/
amazon.co.uk/Verbatim-2-5-Inch-Store-Portable-Drive/dp/B01BU0KK6C
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Going to do a test for a competition using C++.
No sure how difficult the test will be but I basically have no experience in C/C++ but I do in C# and Java.
What are some key elements in C++ that I should know of? Also how are loops and basic functions implemented? Are they that different from Java/C#?

How the hell do I change the panel in Kali?

I don't even want to change the color or anything, I just want to temporarily remove it.

C++ is very similar to C#/Java in many ways when it comes to the basic syntax. Loop syntax is identical, same for conditions. Functions, too, are declared in much the same way. The public/private specifiers are a little bit different, however. You write "public:" followed by a list of all public functions, then "private:" and then you list out all the private ones (instead of prefixing each function with public/private). Main thing you should be aware of is pointers, something that isn't commonly used in higher-level languages. Go look those up. And read the reference for the standrad C library, it's tiny.

Had this problem at the end of the last thread
>Debian
>Doesn't boot with 970
>Remove 970 and install NVIDIA drivers
>Fine for a few days
>Suddenly get error
>Remove 970
>Get this

If you use your special eyes you will notice an nvidia error

I feel retarded now
I had post default GPU set to PCI still. I get this when I boot now

Fuck this shit, I'm using XFCE.

Alternatively, LXDE.

Which one do you guys think is better?

All right so my Laptop just broke down and I'm left with only with my PC which has Win7 because of work applications that aren't compatible with Linux. I've been thinking in installing either Gentoo or Arch, I've used Ubuntu, Mint and Solus, which was all in my laptop, I don't like the idea of Dual Booting. Is running them on a VM fine and give me the same experience in a native install?

Can anyone provide me with a clear overview of EVERYTHING I need to do, to set up a fully fledged company website.

I'm talking the whole procedure.

Depends on what it needs to do
ps don't lie so much on your cv

Fuck this shit I'm just going to reinstall debian because it seems totally fucked
If I reinstall it from a live USB the problem won't come back will it?

buy domain
buy vps
link domain to ip of vps
install os on vps
install web server software on vps
install cms with/for web server software
configure cms to suit company
theme cms to suit company
fill in content on cms to suit company
???
profit?

Feel like going back to a babby distro like mint now desu

Trying to compile C code using GCC on Debian, but every time I try I get:
helloWorld.c:1:19: fatal error: stdio.h: No such file or directory
#include
^
compilation terminated.

It's just a basic helloWorld.c program shown:
#include
int main()
{
// printf() displays the string inside quotation
printf("Hello, World!");
return 0;
}
Why won't it compile?

is build-essential installed?

You're missing glibc, do this first:

sudo apt-get install build-essentials

Thanks

How can I SSH into a Windows desktop with s Linux laptop

Dude, hire a company to build it for you, and take an active interest in how they do things, and follow them up on everything they need to know.

That way, you learn how to do it. Either that, or read Head First Web Design, which actually goes into that sort of detail.

You'd need to run an SSH server on Windows, but because CMD.EXE is garbage, that is kinda pointless in the first place. Use a graphical remote access tool such as teamviewer instead.

You can't. Enable RDP on your windows box and use rdesktop or install something like TeamViewer.

Need some clarification on what the pointer operators are in c/c++.
So does * copy the value of a particular address? Or is it dynamic? Like if the value at address 2000 changes, will the value of i* change as well?

Can a variable using & change the value of the address it's pointing to? Or is it basically used as a reference for a place in memory? What's the difference between this and a variable? It sounds a lot like a pointer to an object.

Anyone got a working pirate bay link? Or a suitable alternative?

>shutdown pc
>some stupid shit happens where both my drives spin up then after they've reached full speed windows shuts down
>my little 2.5inch drive starts making this horrible scratching noise and the drive head keeps clicking
it's fucked isnt it

SETUP:

>Win 7
>AMD Phenom II X4 965
>Gigabyte 870A-UD3 mb
>2x4GB RAM
>1TB Seagate HDD

PC just freezes up after ~5min of use (no usage or high usage doesn't make a difference), has to be restarted manually to become usable again.
PC does NOT shut off on it's own, so I doubt it's temperature related, HWMonitor shows all temperature-readouts A-OK, highest one is the Northbridge around 80°C.
Problem occurs with both RAM sticks, tested them individually, Windows memory test at startup says RAM is fine.
Chkdsk says HDD is fine.

>Problem does NOT occur in safe mode

What do? Really looked like a low level hardware issue, but since it doesn't appear in safe mode idek.

you can rule out low level hardware, I've used a similar setup for years without problems
Not sure but maybe motherboard might be failing ?

>You can't.
but that's wrong
bitvise.com/ssh-server-download

>paying license for installing a known backdoor

you realize we're talking about windows here, right?

I don't wanna rule that out, but how do I check that? And wouldn't the PC freeze up just the same in safe mode then if it actually was a hardware-related problem?

Can't help with that too much, try disconnecting as many components as you can while still being to able to run the PC, maybe something will surface
cpu and mobo would be very hard to rule out, as it would be very hard to check, since you would need another motherboard and another CPU
Try to get a PSU from a friend or somehow and try maybe it's that
Might be talking out of my ass though, just saying what I would try

Download memtest and crystaldiskinfo do some test, also might be the PSU that is going bad, one more thing check windows logs see whats making it freeze.

Boot up a live CD, if it hangs, it's hardware. If not, reinstall your os.

why does some of the pictures need ages to load on this fucking site?

While you're in there, run a SMART check on your disk. Chkdsk isn't the smartest sometimes

maybe they aren't yet in your nearest cloudflare(tm) cache

Seems like they're the furthest away as possible

Best blue light filter for Windows ?
I also need one for Android.
By best I mean, lightest and most discrete.

Is the T420 supposed to have a fingerprint reader? Or is that exclusive to the T420s?

f.lux, redshift for windows. Redshift is open souce IIRC, but I've always used f.lux and was happy with it
On mobile, redmoon

can someone link me to as many wordlists as they have?

Hey guys, my wisdom tooth just erupted, and it already has a chip. How the hell did/could this happen?

Touché

That's how far the botnet has come in this day and age.

Thepiratebay.se?

Does it really work tough ?
I'm desperate about restoring my circadian cycle since it's ruining my life.
I've never tried it and spend a lot of time on my computer/smartphone before sleeping.

(If you have the same problem as me, any advice to give even if I know it's not the right place)

It does work, but it won't magically make you sleep like sleeping pills, you have to find the colour that will do the job but won't look like mexico, I've used 2700K before, then went a bit higher to 3400K I think and it was working a bit worse for me, but the colours weren't so orange, also on f.lux you can make it slow transition over an hour so I personally don't really even feel the transition happening
If you're questioning it working, try turning it off in the middle of the night, your eyes will start burning, that's how you know it's actually doing something

user pls

It feels rough against my tongue

Okay, thanks.

i'm getting a cloudflare host timeout page right now to thepiratebay.org, but their hidden service is still good
uj3wazyk5u4hnvtk.onion/

Not working, all my usual mirrors are down

Thank you friend

Not a problem

where on earth can I get parts (motherboard cables/flat flex) for a razer blade pro 17 inch

Same bottom question, but the problem still persists
Running through displaypot on iGPU screen flickers and turns black randomly, any ideas ?
New build, used a GPU with the same build before, everything seemed fine, but I took out the old GPU to replace with a new one that I will get in several days, any idea what could be the problem, since everything is like a month old I would like to return them if there's something wrong with something

I'm planing on buying an external HDD. Are Verbatim's HDDs any good or are all HDDs about the same these days? The one I'm looking at:
amazon.co.uk/Verbatim-2-5-Inch-Store-Portable-Drive/dp/B01BU0KK6C

Verbatim doesn't make HDDs, they're just some other brand thrown into an enclosure.

this
my Verbatim drive is in fact Toshiba drive

can anyone smart here answer me a few things about cryptography?
what exactly happens to the password of my choice in let's say AES-128?

the nvidia 10 series all the same for both desktop and laptop, right? performance is barely different?

Am I reducing the lifespan of my router and modem if I turn it off (unplug from the walljack) every once a week?

is there a easy way to remove music from a video? im watching this tutorial on youtube and its a good one, but there is annoying elevator music playing in the background that makes me want to punch my monitor. how can i easily download the video and seperate the music from the guys voice ?

not really, no

Easiest method would be to send a message to the person who made the video and ask for a music-less version.

>set up my 1070
>screen flickers black periodically now
>playing any stressful game ups the temp by 15-20 degrees

i'm too dumb for this shit man

keepvid -> more options -> video only

disregard that. i missed the last part of post

I want to get my parents a chromebook or something so they can do online banking. The bank by my house is closing down and they want to transition to online.

highly doubt it

How do I disable WMM on Huawei HG255s?

the problem isn't temps
temperatures rising on load is normal
screen flickering is not though
Only when gaming ? maybe something wrong with drivers, uninstall all the video drivers with the guru3d tool and install the latest drivers

A cheap tablet or even a cheap smartphone should be enough for that.

>where on earth can I get parts (motherboard cables/flat flex) for a razer blade pro 17 inch

They're downclocked a bit, but the performance is a lot closer than the m models that came out in previous generations

Temperature increasing is normal, you pump more current into something it gets hotter. Screen flickering is not, before you try anything too fancy check the cable and connectors. The cable could be fucked or just not connected properly. Try a different display connection, i.e. if you're on HDMI try DP, if you're on DP try HDMI.

is there major difference between rx 480 vram versions? the 4 gig used 7100Mhz clock and 8gig 8000Mhz will that make a major difference, so should I got with 8gig for having a bit more breathing more into future?

No, generally speaking they're not as fast but the difference isn't as bad as it used to be.

you should go with 8gb

Can I somehow force a Hackintosh 10.12 to run Pascal cards? I have a spare 1050Ti laying around and wanted to build a cheap system for it.

Don't be stupid, its budget card and the performance will plummet in 2 years

What's a good way of thinking about abstraction?
I see it everywhere and while I kind of get the gist of what it is, I always have to take a little time to think of what it means when applied to different contexts.

I've been infected with some annoying virus.

It keeps generating ****.tmp.exe files in Windows/Temp.

MBAM can't seem to remove it, says it's an Adware.Elex process module.

Any ideas?

reformat reinstall

>using fedora
>installed qemu
>made ubuntu 14.04 virtual hard disk installed updates
>made django hello project on virtualized ubuntu
>not able to access from fedora
please help.

Okay, kid.

So, i kinda fucked up.

I bought the MGM111 "Mesh module / radio board" but it didn't had anything to connect it to my pc. I want to use it for a Zigbee solution, but from what i've read i can't even access the emberznet stack in simplicity studio without registering a "kit", and i thought the MGM111 had that register key but i can't seem to find it anywhere.

So... am i screwed? the mgm111 has 2 20 pinned 0.5" connectors, but that's more than probably to control it with another processor. Is there any way i can control, configure and program the MGM111 by myself?

Building a wordlist to hit Ip cams with, any suggestions for names and pwds?

Are you just trying to copy files or what?

What is the "best" Linux distro to install on to a usb for on the go uses.

I'd sorta like to avoid doing that. Is that the only way to go?

I used AdwCleaner and now MBAM isn't detecting anything. Scanning with HitmanPro now, found a trojan named startIT.exe

I just use my phone and e-reader for whatever. I don't even bother bringing a laptop when I travel.

Going to dual boot lindows and winux

What's the best method to achieve the fastest boot times on that? I already have an SSD, but I'm trying to make the process of switching between both as fast as I could.

What are you doing on someone else's PC that requires more than the web browser it already has?

no i would like to access website from the host. also I am able to connect to the internet with guest.

I have a laptop and phone, but got other reasons.

Just for my own use really. Nothing special.

Put GNU/Linux in a virtual machine so you don't need to shut down everything you're doing on Windows just to play h4x0r.

>I don't even bother bringing a laptop when I travel.
Wait, why do you own a laptop if you're not using it when traveling? Isn't that the whole point of buying a mobile computer in the first place?

I kinda want to at least a good amount of tasks on linux though. Be it listening to music, web browsing and the like. If Windows was good at virtualization I'd consider it, but I never managed such thing.