Just downloaded "Windows Driver Kit (WDK) " and some additional ressources (like debug symbols and Nlite stuff) for...

Just downloaded "Windows Driver Kit (WDK) " and some additional ressources (like debug symbols and Nlite stuff) for Windows XP x64/ Server 2003.

Why? I don't know!!! I just reacted after learning Intel doesn't provide drivers (recent hardware) anymore for pre-win10.

I have no idea on driver development. What is this fucked up world making me do?!?!?!

bump for interest

if driver development was just copypasting offsets and function addresses then i'd still be using windows 2000

What are you talking about?
Intel still has drivers available

WDK 5.1 doesnt support NT 6 build targets.

For starters, you can write your own mouse driver.

a man can dream

well, there a linux modules. once the pain is big enough on might walk the way of translating those into windows drivers.

I downloaded wdk 7.1 though.

I've used the WDK for some simple drivers before. It has a very steep learning curve, but mostly just to get to the point where you understand Windows' massive amount of bullshit w.r.t. actually installing drivers and associating them with the right device. After that, it mostly works pretty well.

Translating Linux modules to Windows drivers will be next-to-impossible. When writing drivers, it's 5% actually learning how to interact with the device and 95% figuring out how to do the things you need to in the correct way using OS-specific kernel API and OS-specific userspace API.

Xp is dead m8. New hw wont even support it.

It's not impossible just an extreem load of work, depending on the approach. Anyway, you might feel my desperation with me even considering it.

iktf
fucking drivers force me to use windows 10 when I want 7

Well, assuming your mouse is USB, and given that HID subsystem is the part of Windows USB stack, which, in turn, is part of Windows driver stack, you'll ether have to replace them all with your code, or just write inf file for your device with your particular VID/DID. This is called "standard".

just dont write any drivers for creative sound cards..

only a nigger would still use XP

/thread

there's no way you have a computer so shitty it won't run win7.

no need to active xp x64. doesn't do wierd background stuff. doesn't randomly access HDD or wearing down SSD for "optimization". doesn't need a lot ressources. is fast. no aids. is not annoying.

>there's no way you have a computer so NEW it won't run win7
fix'd

No

Kaby lake solved that problem

Ugly as shit and no trim

>Ugly as shit and no trim
like your mom but someone found use in her and made you. :D