they unironically code without IntelliSense

> they unironically code without IntelliSense

HAHAHAHAAHZHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

get fucked linuxfags

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/6nNdbEvW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We prefer CommonSense 2017 over spoon feeding.

I use JetBrains products (IntelliJ, PyCharm) on Linux and they have much superior coding completion

1. If you are going to use StringComparison without actually knowing how it works beforehand, I feel so sorry for you.
2. "intelli"Sense is available on Linux.

Dumb wintoddler. Enjoy your fucking botnet.

> I have 0 proof they are better but I'll shill them because I'm a fanatic sperg that uses technology as an excuse to forget my own failure

>We prefer memorizing the entirety of every library we use or alt-tabbing to google everything

> I'm so smart I don't need software that helps me

You fucking hypocritical fags.

Don't use GUIs then either.

>using libraries
>not doing everything from scratch

That's how it works, fucking illiterate newfag. People study their libraries to utilize the most of it.

All you need is auto completion, NOT A FUCKING INLINE MANPAGE OF PLS CODE MY SHIT FOR ME IDK WHAT AM I DOING HERE bullcrap

> bar bar, all you need is what I already use, because I don't have something better

you fucking hypocritical fag, you know you could use IntelliSense but can't admit it

Are you retarded? Intellisense placeboo shit is fully available on VScode.

Also you do NOT use a library if you do not know about it - programming 101

Intellisense is available on Linux, braindead dipshit wintoddler

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH. Linuxfag BTFO'ed. Nobody can remember an entire set of libraries by hard retard, neither should he.

You're back to 1982 technology faggot.

Most editors supports showing the function prototype, and that's all you need 99% of the time.

Be honest, are you employed? Pretty sure you are not in the industry.

I don't think he is, can you not guess his age by his posts?

OP is just a newbie who just discovered in-line manpages and thinks it helps professionals.

I work at google, and I use Vim+gdb.

Come at me, faggot.

> Bragging about not being a capable programmer.

Wew lad

so this is why you guys barely get anything done and when you guys actually release something it's fucking garbage

v. interesting

> I'm so smart, I never need any software to help me, I can type on notepad.exe too

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you fucking hypocritical faggots

Brainlets, so sad

>but using type inference

Wow, it's almost like you don't after develop in this language.

what's the point of a string comparison for a single char ending, that's inefficient as fuck you nigger

string s = "hello";
bool b = s[s.Length-1] == 'o';

also here's a check for your edge case youre probably gonna complain about

string s = "hello";
bool b = (s.Length > 0) ? s[s.Length-1] == 'o' : false;

strings are less efficient than chars, kill yourself op

I code with the full VS suite and ReSharper.

It does save a good amount of time but honestly, a good programmer can be just as productive without it. Hell, it wastes a significant part of the time it saves with poorly implemented bullshit.

>Shitty bait thread
>all these replies

Did anyone noticed how OP didn't answer Really makes you think. NEET gaymer preaches it, professionals don't give a shit.

to add to this, here's the breakdown some guy made of the different ways to to check a string suffix

Last char equality: 1.52 ms (50000)
Last 2 char equality: 1.56 ms (50000)
EndsWith using StringComparison.Ordinal: 3.75 ms (50000)
Contains: 11.10 ms (50000)
LastIndexOf: 14.85 ms (50000)
IsSuffix: 11.30 ms (50000)
Substring compare: 17.69 ms (50000)

and his script at pastebin.com/6nNdbEvW

using whatever intellisense tells you to use just because the popup tells you to use it damages your brain, you can't let yourself be babied by your ide feature memes forever
it's literally over 60% faster to check last char equality than to do a string comparison (and it's also twice as fast for checking the last 2 chars vs doing string comparison)

so what happens if your employer doesn't use an IDE with intellisense?

then OP explodes

why does this thread even have replies
why are there so many spergs taking this bait seriously
what happened to the old Sup Forums

>"programmer"
>can't do shit without a 10gb IDE babying him

(you)s are the only thing keeping people like OP alive

lets be kind right?

You tell your employer to supply you with decent programming tools.
Seriously, while OP is stupid if he thinks that IntelliSense is only available on Windows, if you actually program something longer than FizzBuzz, IntelliSense increases your productivity a lot. Not using it (either built in the IDE, or as a plugin in whatever text editor you're using) is pure autism.
t. someone who has to develop in Borland C++ Builder at work due to legacy code.

vim does literally all this.

You are confusing intellisense with autocompletion. And if you (((actually))) need hints for your programming you are a failure in life.

>need
Here's this word again. Nobody said anything about needing.
If you actually don't use tools that increase your productivity because of your autism, you are wasting everyone's time.

lol, pathetic

>(((actually)))
What did you mean by this?

My co-worker insists on using a "totally-not-an-IDE", where he's installed like 30 addons/plugins to actual be productive.

He spends half of the time figuring out why whatever obscure 3rd-party plugin isn't working quite right.

VS just works.

>Productivity
Why the FUCK would it be more productive if I don't (((even))) know about my own fucking libraries/routines before using them?

> while(1>experienced programmer

>look mum I found a typo in a meme give me them tendies
pathetic

pathetic

pathetic

>tell your employer to supply you with decent programming tools

have fun getting fired

>2017
>code completion is now synonymous with Microsoft IntelliSense[tm]
>traditional word processing and spreadsheets is now synonymous with Microsoft Office[tm]
>cloud computing is synonymous with Microsoft Azure Cloud[tm]

Fucking milennials

>implying I havent memorized all the most common libraries that I use.
And if I have to learn a new one, I just take 20 minutes to read trough the official documentation, instead of halfassing the job with auto completion and rewriting the code a week later because its garbage

Also if you dont use a shitty language like java, its often faster to just type it out. Instead of starting the word, pressing the arrowkey a few times and then pressing enter.

>prefix incrementing the i variable when i starts at 0 before the loop
am i retarded or are you skipping your first item and going to run out of bounds?

I also notice the 1

Are you actually, reading it? How is your IQ looking?

Forgot

>javascript is now synonymous with typescript
>C# is synonymous with C# .NET

yea i prefaced by asking if i was retarded, immunity senpai
the prefix was what caught my eye the most and i just didnt really pay attention to the rest of the block

it's early and my day off, fuck off cia nigger

It is a meme, it's even missing the closing } and the largest_val < values[++i] ? largest_val = values[i] : log(i); is nonsensical because 1) the result of log(i) is never assigned anything 2) using i in a ternary and doing ++ on it is undefined behaviour (sequence points)

largest_val isn't even defined in that function, find max doesn't take any arguments and relies on uninitialized values in the values array

> they unironically call it "to code"

I prefer vim

we should make a python superset that forces opening brackets and indentation but forbids closing brackets, that'd be a top meme

or maybe a PEP for that syntax so that guido can hopefully choke to death while he's reading it

You mean you

yes

>I also notice the 1

>Don't use GUIs then either
we don't

>(((even)))
Why the fuck is "even" an indication of judaism?

>being this insecure
>seeking validation taiwanese weaving forum
stop being autistic and get a job

>this thread

what bugs me the most is that nobody either mentioned QtCreator or Eclipse to just shut OP up.