Im a audiophile

Im a audiophile

Other urls found in this thread:

headnhifi.com/diy-kits/o2-kit-full
drive.google.com/file/d/0B52Awjeyc5zKMjRlYjlhNGItNGJlNC00ODlmLWIwM2MtNDI4ZWU4YWRjY2Y4/view
nwavguy.blogspot.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=dcB9faNrz_M
seanolive.blogspot.de/2008/12/part-3-relationship-between-loudspeaker.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You molest sound?

The suffix "phile" has nothing to do with molestation

hey good for you!
now will you at least make this somehow tech related or are you just shitposting?

I think black people don't deserve to exist.

>buying anything from creative

How comes the bullshit about it being consensual and mutual love!

>I'm retarded
Thanks for letting us know.

It was only $150 on eBay, what a steal :3

Let's add white people to that list as well

What's wrong with creative? Not OP but curious

What is good about them?

All of their products are poorly made things that are made to go inside of your computer when you can just get external components for the same price but better performance.

Their entire speaker line is only useful for target practice.

No. I like science and civilization too much.

I'm a pedophile, nice to meet you

I'm a grammarphile and this post is a real turn off.

But then Sup Forums wouldn't exist. Nor would any of my tech for that matter.

technology is racist

> pedophile
> posts a highschool girl

>$150
>SoundBlaster
>Audiophile
Are you this retarded? Return it and get something decent like an SMSL M3 or Schiit Fulla 2 or Micca Origen+ for less

>what if the sound consents tho

No returns :c
>TFW to smart too grammer

Enjoy the snake oil while you can I guess, RIP your wallet

I paid 120 dollars for these and use 10 dollar earbuds, also flac am I an audiophile?

That's a pretty cool flask, user

I ran out of money for food next month to buy it, I'm glad it was the right choice
Thanks user :√)

>roommate started an extended argument about how my DAC isn't powerful enough for my headphones
>he has $60 Sony headphones and listens to music straight from his Alienware PC
Audiophiles are faggots.

>No cable risers
That explains his shit taste

>$10 earbuds with an amp
>am I an audiophile?
Yes. Yes you are.

I wanted to get the Fulla 2 but every review said it distorts the sound at around 70% volume. Then they add it's to be expected with sub-$100 dac/amps. Do the SMSL M3 and FiiO e10k have the same problem?

They dont have that problem. Either DAC/AMP works well as they're direct competitiors to eachother. I personally would get the M3 for its features and the included 3.5mm to 1/4 inch adapter.

This is great since everything is literally based on real facts
Though that disc is massive, looks like 78 RPM which literally aren't pressed by anyone anymore

>I wanted to get the Fulla 2 but every review said it distorts the sound at around 70% volume. Then they add it's to be expected with sub-$100 dac/amps
What the fuck, this isn't normal like at fucking all
Also, 70% volume can literally mean anything, distortion depends on load
What the fuck is wrong with the community, it looked like it was cured of full blown retardation, even chink cartoons are laughing at them, but they are still retarded fuck fucking shit fuck

What are the features of the M3? I will probably plug it into USB and I already have a 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter.

By 70% I mean they say they turn the volume knob on the Fulla 2 about 3/4 of the way to full and there's distortion.

>By 70% I mean they say they turn the volume knob on the Fulla 2 about 3/4 of the way to full and there's distortion.
This is completely not normal, and a major design defect
Also, distortion at 3/4 of the pot shouldn't be caused by the pot but by the load on the amplifier, unless they did something ridiculously retarded and fucked up the design in retarded ways
It seems all their promises of fixing their retardation after their relay issues years ago were a lie and they have been going overboard with headfi shilling
Good thing chinks make decent products that actually measure well, instead of this """"american"""" made trash
Fuck Schiit

Do people actually buy Soundblaster junk? It's like a combination of all the worst aspects of audiofools and gaymer kiddies in one shitty brand with a ton of shitty products.

>when I was a kid I honestly thought you had to use awful desktop speakers with PC's. My mind was blown the first time I saw a somewhat nice 5.1 creative labs setup.
Are there just adults who still think like this or something?

Sounds are never old enough to consent before they die out

Has anyone here built an Objective 2 amp? I realize it's probably cheaper to just buy one ready made once you consider the enclosure, power supply, etc but it looks like a fun project.

If you're decent at soldering, it's a fun project. Make sure you don't buy an smd kit unless you have a pcb heater and all requisite tools.

I did 3 O2s for myself and friends and it was fun as hell.
> I realize it's probably cheaper to just buy one ready made once you consider the enclosure, power supply, etc but it looks like a fun project.
No it's not. Buying a bag of parts is cheaper than buying it ready made.

>2017
>still buying deprecated repackaged creative audio product shit

There's a few dudes on ebay who build and sell O2's for ~$100. The cheapest kit I csn find for the PCB and discreet components is ~$50.
I know it would be better to buy all the components from mouser/digikey, but it's just such a hassle to compare all the different options. Unless you've got a parts list, which I would greatly appreciate.

I'm not sure if it's any help but here in Europe I always order from this guy:
headnhifi.com/diy-kits/o2-kit-full
He seems to be dispatching to the states. I also once had a problem with my ODAC going faulty after few months of use and he replaced it free of charge so I can definitely recommend him

Wow, you really are useless at this whole internet thing.
drive.google.com/file/d/0B52Awjeyc5zKMjRlYjlhNGItNGJlNC00ODlmLWIwM2MtNDI4ZWU4YWRjY2Y4/view

>Unless you've got a parts list
You didn't read Nwavguy blog at all, didn't you?

I considered doing it but decided against it.

why? simple:

1) It costs as much as used O2
2) No power supply or case
3) Even if you buy all the extra shit needed to get it working, it will cost you more
4) Next to ZERO resale value. if you decide to upgrade to something else later on, that $120 you spent is totally wasted.

if you're rich, you should do it since it could be fun,

1) yes
2) no
3) no
4) no

>bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit
t. shill

What about the Objective2+ODAC combo?

I have like a decade+ old Creative 2.1 set. S-Should I upgrade?

no

you guys sure are retarded for buying "audiophile DACs". i paid 150€ for pic related on sale. and you can get the scarlett solo, objectively the best DAC/audio interface/headphone amp price/performance-wise under 300€, for under 100€.

Hi

Sometimes I think of sucker punching a cop as I pass them in the street I know I'd totally lose the fight but I get the urge to do it and I'm scared it might happen some day. I don't even hate cops.

Agreed, too old.

Don't give them a reason to kill you user

All you need is love
Love is all you need.

what anime is this?

my current rig here

The sound was asking for it.

Fpbp

pretty stupid, sound would be better if you removed your internal sound card and headphone amp

PSA:
Don't buy anything from those tiny botique brands. The 'engineering' that goes into them is laughable. They will sound worse than the Realtek chip in your motherboards, while also quite possibly destroying your headphones.

Seconding this, I need to know where this is from as well.

Akiba's Trip The Animation

Why are canadians in japan?

Is that a tit or just the other fist?

>7.1 -> stereo
what are you doing

I have one from JDS labs.

The performance measurements (provided by the guy who designed it), are first-class and orders of magnitude better than is needed for transparency. Also better than many competing units he reviewed on his site prior to getting fed up and deciding to make his own design. Take that as you will.

I don't have the equipment to take such precise measurements myself, but I'm very impressed with mine. There is no audible distortion and no background noise even at the highest possible volume, which should be enough for any headset. It doesn't 'color' the sound or 'add any flavor' - that is, it plays back the signal very accurately without fucking it up. This is why I bought it, so I may have some expectation bias, but I really do love it! It feels very well built too.

It takes USB with any reasonable sample rate and 24 bit, or analog. Both sound great.

A lot of the audiophile botique websites shit on this amp and dac saying it sounds 'clinical' or 'flat,' partly because of their expectation bias, partly because of their resentment for newavguy, and partly because they are morons. Don't believe them. The producers of your music have already done their job, it doesn't need any 'enhancing.' Reproducing the signal accurately is the only measure of a good audio device.

I do have one complaint: it requires 15 volts AC power supply, which is super fucking weird and makes me worry if it ever breaks, especially years down the line. The cord for the power supply does not seem durable either, though I've had no problems. Apparently there are engineering reasons for this, but if you plan on moving yours around a lot it is something to watch out for.

You may want to take a look at the designer's blog if this stuff interests you: nwavguy.blogspot.com/

where are the measurements? I'm interested if this is true.

i dont have any, but the focusrite DACs are very linear and reliable. the 2nd gen models are also very low latency if you ever want to record anything (though they are worth the price even if you don't). you dont want linear speakers (studio monitors) for listening to music but you want everything else to be as linear as possible.

I can't just take someone's word for it. In any case, it's not objectively anything until the math is done.

for binaural gaming audio with cmss/eax acoustics technology, i can choose between clean spdif output for music listening or spdif "speaker" out with all these gaming effects

>I can't just take someone's word for it
true, but this is Sup Forums after all.

>you dont want linear speakers
kek

youtube.com/watch?v=dcB9faNrz_M

enjoy falling asleep and enjoy your hissing with 90% of "le studio epic mastering "how its meant to be heard" monitor speakerzz"

>requires 15 volts AC power
AC? Really?
He could have built the regulation into the device though.

I believe there are. I see adults in their 40s buying Asus gamer laptops all the time, and many of them talk about all the gamer stuff they have in their home.

yes, really. It's not a big deal though.

"There are clear visual correlations between listeners' loudspeaker preferences and the set of frequency graphs. Both trained and untrained listeners clearly preferred the loudspeakers with the flattest, smoothest and most extended frequency response curves, as exhibited in the measurements of loudspeakers P and I. Loudspeaker B was rated lower due to its less extended, bumpy bass, and a large hole centered at 3 kHz in its sound power curve. The measurements of Loudspeaker M indicate it has a lack of low bass, and has a non-smooth frequency response in all of its measured curves. Both the direct and reflected sounds produced by this loudspeaker will contribute serious colorations to the timbre of reproduced sounds.

It is both satisfying and reassuring to know that both trained and untrained listeners recognize and prefer accurate loudspeakers, and that the accuracy can be characterized with a set of comprehensive anechoic measurements. The next logical step is to use these technical measurements as the basis for modeling and predicting listeners' preference ratings. This will be the topic of a future post in this blog."

seanolive.blogspot.de/2008/12/part-3-relationship-between-loudspeaker.html

damn I remember my Soundblaster Live! being actually good. I have some early 90s Creative 2.1 speakers as well, and still use them when I'm playing games with a friends. When, I wonder did they just become retarded?

Are you serious?
>using a hi-fi tube amp to color the tone in a pleasant way
>plugging in closed studio headphones made for exact, non colored sound reproduction
thats pretty retarded
Use some open hi-fi headphones instead.
Nothing wrong with the Beyerdynamics, I use them too for producing but they are not made for pleasant, relaxing listening. Thats what hi-fi stuff is for.

"off" sounds better
>make people decide between a single linear and a single shitty speaker
>actually used a mono setup
>no double-blind testing
>month-long breaks between the actual listening, so comparisons are based on long-term aural memory (tip: this does not exist)

biased much

What is this meme where people say the most accurate headphones are less enjoyable? If the producers really were so inept that your music needs more 'color' you can use a 32-bit EQ. But their job was already finished before you even put the disc in your drive.

My onboard is dead and prefer to hear my FiiO K1 than my soundcard due to whitenoise on the soundcard which the DAC eliminates. I'm not dumb enough to switch an amp to high gain on an IEM and blast them into blowing up.

yeah i know that but they sound great...with equalizer apo

h-hey bros how do i increase the sound of my headset on my computer?

I get how a fiio is preferable to a shitty onboard sound card. But I mean that these brands are so badly made that they can even damage your gear at normal volumes.

Thanks for your reply. I've been looking at the Schiit stack but I'm bothered by their shilling in head-fi. I have actually been reading nwavguy's blog and he does seem to know his shit.

I'll probably get a B-stock jds labs o2amp+ODAC because it's $275 shipped. I have HD650s which seem to have coloring of their own, they give a nice warm sound that I like so I would prefer my amp to be 'clinical'.

you see, the problem is that people like you believe producers only try to make the music sound good on linear speakers.
but in fact, good mixing/mastering is done so that music can sound decent on ALL speakers, especially non-linear ones.

That thing distorts on high gain. Also digital knob a shit.

I remember that Head-fi thread. Was it the Schiit Modi or Magni that kills AKG Headphones? That was a while ago like several months ago, maybe a little over a year ago.

the thing is, playing the signal accurately isn't the same as sounding boring or unpleasant. It's just playing the music. You can listen to the music rather than a defect of your sound system. I think the best sound system is one that makes you forget it is there.

This user will understand when his odac arrives. It's not going to sound wimpy or boring - it send him to the fucking moon and back with Pink Floyd, or maybe to Valhalla with Stormwarrior, with its black background and stable power output facilitating incredible detail - and with music, incredible emotion!

An amp or headphone that gives a warm fuzzy tone, or over-exaggerated bass, will sound just fine with many songs but ruin others depending on the tonal balance. This is why people even have different pairs of cans for different genres of music! But the ideal headphone would be perfectly linear across the entire audible range, so that the desired sound could be obtained with just an EQ.

Now I know what you mean with the producers trying to make their music sound good on everything, and why wouldn't they? But the notion that their work is less enjoyable on studio grade hardware is absurd.

I'm no expert producer, but I do have a little experience, and there is not much to worry about with getting a good sound on various systems once the mastering is done. The mostly-cheap non-linear speakers will just play the frequencies they are capable of, and you don't have to worry about the ones they can't. Most music is written to be intelligible even if you can only hear the midrange anyway.

biggest issue here is that the Beyerdynamics are closed.
Compare good open headphones with good closed headphones and you will get the idea.
Closed style is a tradeoff to make headphones practical in situation where there is noise around you.
When you are in a comfy setting alone at home, open hi-fis are the better choice.

There's literally no reason for the DACMAGIC here, and the amp is literal snake oil
Fine for aesthetics I guess, but even then the DACMAGIC is retarded, the Creative XFi probably has a better DAC than whatever the dacmagic has
Also, CMSS and EAX can easily be done with OpenAL on literally any platform, though I guess it's still easier to use a Creative soundcard than to configure OpenAL